AFC Bournemouth v Manchester City - Saturday 5.30 pm

Frustrating not to have taken points from that game, which says it all about this manager. Brilliant second half and had City shitting themselves and time wasting in the end.
When they had the ball near our penalty area at the end there and decided to take it over to the corner flag to waste time I couldn’t believe what I was seeing.
Says it all really.
They were still afraid that we might nick the draw. Massive compliment to us. I really enjoyed seeing that. Our team never gives up. We’re always looking to attack. Love it !

I've never been so proud of the club in defeat, the manager, the team and the fans were excellent today.
What an atmosphere! Brilliant tactics! & the substitutions were all spot on.
Neto was faultless today.
Zabarnyi just gets better and better, so composed and good with the ball and a huge presence.
Senessi showed why he had the nickname "gladiator" at his old club - he made Haaland look weak to the point where he even tried diving out of desperation and couldn't buy a free kick. He won every battle and forced Pep to hook babyface off.
Kerkez was arguably our MOM, he got stuck into every challenge, bombed forward and had a decent effort on target.
Smudge is a fine wine - he seems fitter than ever, all over the pitch.
Lewis Cook should be in contention for a place in the England squad, I thought his best days were long gone until he formed that perfect partnership with Christie.
Likewise with Christie, I thought of him as no more than a squad player until he flourished under AI, he is ridiculously skillful, if he wasn't Scottish and playing for us he'd be rated as a world class player.
Semenyo had one of his best games for us - he made Ake look like a championship player and not a champions league winner, he beat him to absolutely everything in the second half and just tore City apart.
Kluivert made a nuisance of himself and was decent.
My 1 negative was Tavernier who was f'ing awful! I do rate him and he was my player of the season last year, but today he couldn't be bothered to close them down or try and tackle, he was walking back and just shouting at Kerkez and pointing at everyone else around him who were playing their hearts out as he strolled about without concentrating. He had a complete stinker, I was sat where he was based for most of the first half and he just didn't seem up for it or interested. His form has been well off for a while and a rest would do him good and allow Dango a chance; Dango has looked very good coming on and doing a job anywhere on the pitch.
Dom was amazing, no surprise the stats say he is one of the busiest players in the league.
Scott looked silky and composed when he came on.
Enes Unal looks like a special talent to me. He is Bournemouth's Berbatov.

MOM - There is a case for 9 of our starting 11, I can't pick between Semenyo, Senessi and Kerkez,

We were brilliant, especially in the second half.

One of only two occasions we have ever given them a proper game, and not only that we went toe to toe with them and definitely had the better of the chances. If only we could have been more clinical in vital moments.

So many stand outs out there:

Christie was absolutely immense, the heart beat of this team. Tackles, interceptions, non stop work rate, the ability to manipulate the ball masterfully in tight situations. Even a decent effort on target. One of the individual performances of the season, he did not look out of place at all up against the best midfielder in the world.

Semenyo is incredibly inconsistent but when he is ‘on it’ he truly is an absolute nightmare to play against. Ake could live with him, at one point he was isolated against three players and just effortlessly glided past all of them. His potential is off the chart.

Kerkez was almost impeccable too, I feel like he suits the way we play more than Kelly does at left back, despite the fact he is prone to the odd error. Endless energy up and down the line and so many positive defensive contributions. You can see why he is so highly rated, he should play every week imo.

In all honesty mostly everyone was very good today, even all of the subs made a very positive impression on the game.

The only two negatives:

Neto again costing us a goal, he’s simply got to be doing better with that initial effort. A better keeper comfortably deals with that rather than parrying it straight back into the danger zone.

Tav was very poor again, I’m really not sure why he’s getting picked right now. Both Dango and Sini have looked a lot better in recent weeks, virtually everything Tav is doing at this moment he is fluffing. No surprise he failed to connect with that golden opportunity.

I've never been so proud of the club in defeat, the manager, the team and the fans were excellent today.
What an atmosphere! Brilliant tactics! & the substitutions were all spot on.
Neto was faultless today.
Zabarnyi just gets better and better, so composed and good with the ball and a huge presence.
Senessi showed why he had the nickname "gladiator" at his old club - he made Haaland look weak to the point where he even tried diving out of desperation and couldn't buy a free kick. He won every battle and forced Pep to hook babyface off.
Kerkez was arguably our MOM, he got stuck into every challenge, bombed forward and had a decent effort on target.
Smudge is a fine wine - he seems fitter than ever, all over the pitch.
Lewis Cook should be in contention for a place in the England squad, I thought his best days were long gone until he formed that perfect partnership with Christie.
Likewise with Christie, I thought of him as no more than a squad player until he flourished under AI, he is ridiculously skillful, if he wasn't Scottish and playing for us he'd be rated as a world class player.
Semenyo had one of his best games for us - he made Ake look like a championship player and not a champions league winner, he beat him to absolutely everything in the second half and just tore City apart.
Kluivert made a nuisance of himself and was decent.
My 1 negative was Tavernier who was f'ing awful! I do rate him and he was my player of the season last year, but today he couldn't be bothered to close them down or try and tackle, he was walking back and just shouting at Kerkez and pointing at everyone else around him who were playing their hearts out as he strolled about without concentrating. He had a complete stinker, I was sat where he was based for most of the first half and he just didn't seem up for it or interested. His form has been well off for a while and a rest would do him good and allow Dango a chance; Dango has looked very good coming on and doing a job anywhere on the pitch.
Dom was amazing, no surprise the stats say he is one of the busiest players in the league.
Scott looked silky and composed when he came on.
Enes Unal looks like a special talent to me. He is Bournemouth's Berbatov.

MOM - There is a case for 9 of our starting 11, I can't pick between Semenyo, Senessi and Kerkez,
It's a concern what you rightly say about Tavs. He was the samev. Fulham. Hope he gets back to his best soon, but today I think maybe he should've been subbed earlier

I know we all hate people who post the same thing, again and again and again... but... I post this every time:

What's the point of Alan Smith's punditry?

(Foden MoM!!!)
When one of our players gets a Sky Sports MOM, I reckon they should put it in that magnificent trophy cabinet we've got in the club shop.

Neto again costing us a goal, he’s simply got to be doing better with that initial effort. A better keeper comfortably deals with that rather than parrying it straight back into the danger zone.

Tav was very poor again, I’m really not sure why he’s getting picked right now. Both Dango and Sini have looked a lot better in recent weeks, virtually everything Tav is doing at this moment he is fluffing. No surprise he failed to connect with that golden opportunity.
I don't blame neto for the goal, I think the poor first shot caught him off guard and readjusted to save that if zabarnyi covered fodens run then no goal.
Dango done more in the time he was on then tavs done the whole match he really hasn't been on it this year

Game was won first half when City were getting everything from the ref, who clearly came into the game with a preconceived idea of how it would go.

It didn’t go to the script and it took the ref the whole half to catch up.

Second half we actually got a few decisions, as a result we’re allowed to apply sustained pressure, and sure enough the chances resulted.

Our inability to finish and take those chances is on us. No complaints there. Pleased with our effort.

Just angry at the first half officiating which was clearly influenced by the names rather than the reality.

;