AFC Bournemouth v Manchester City - Saturday 5.30 pm

I’m just hoping we don’t see a collapse.

We’ve seen we have the ability to give the top sides a game and make them at the very least work for the points. But we’ve then seen once we’ve fallen a couple behind, the belief and energy evaporate before our eyes and it ends up being a rout.

I’d like to avoid that, I think that would show some progress.

Games like today is why the championship will always be a much more exiting league. I hate that I'm going into today with the full expectations that we will get battered. And the club have the cheek to make it one of the most expensive tickets of the season!

We can win today AND beat Leicester...with a strong team put out for both games and a clever use of subs.
The 'free hit' philosophy so loved by many posters is Full of Sh*t....3 points are available and possible if the committment is right....AND a passage to the FA Cup Final.

O'Neils Wolves have beaten MC...so if They can..We can...because apparently we have a better manager ... :whist:

The club has beaten Manu, Liverpool, Chelsea, Arsenal, Spurs and Newcastle during its PL tenure.
Up the Cherries...Stuff the Woke...Rule Britannia...Get In !

Last edited:
I’m just hoping we don’t see a collapse.

We’ve seen we have the ability to give the top sides a game and make them at the very least work for the points. But we’ve then seen once we’ve fallen a couple behind, the belief and energy evaporate before our eyes and it ends up being a rout.

I’d like to avoid that, I think that would show some progress.
I’m not so bothered if we make them work hard for the points
I just don’t like to see us losing to a soft goal or more

F**k this game and frankly f**k this league. They allow a club not only to be owned by an entire f****g state, but then let them spend whatever they want without any form of repercussion while the other 14 clubs have to stick to these strict spending measures and are punished in the most severe way possible for exceeding them even marginally, all in the interest of fairness ey?

This league is a cartel and these lot are right at the head of it. Of course we can’t compete with them, how can we possibly compete with a club who are allowed to spend hundreds of millions of pounds on players they don’t even have any intentions of using. It’s nice that some of you are still deluding yourselves that we can be competitive today, we can’t because the system isn’t set up for us to be competitive today. It’s set up for us to be thankful to even be on the same pitch as these scum while we bend over backwards and watch them play keep ball for ninety minutes. Best we can hope for today is that we are able to injure a few of their players for the run in, let’s hope we play as dirty today as we did against Newcastle.

Here’s to when we have our new training ground and stadium and can f**k off back to a proper league with proper clubs and fans in the knowledge that we’ve got everything we can out of being at the top level.

Last edited:
F**k this game and frankly f**k this league. They allow a club not only to be owned by an entire f****g state, but then let them spend whatever they want without any form of repercussion while the other 14 clubs have to stick to these strict spending measures and are punished in the most severe way possible for exceeding them even marginally, all in the interest of fairness ey?

This league is a cartel and these lot are right at the head of it. Of course we can’t compete with them, how can we possibly compete with a club who are allowed to spend hundreds of millions of pounds on players they don’t even have any intentions of using. It’s nice that some of you are still deluding yourselves that we can be competitive today, we can’t because the system isn’t set up for us to be competitive today. It’s set up for us to even be on the same pitch as these scum while we bend over backwards and watch them play keep ball for ninety minutes. Best we can hope for today is that we are able to injure a few of their players for the run in, let’s hope we play as dirty today as we did against Newcastle.

Here’s to when we have our new training ground and stadium and can f**k off back to a proper league with proper clubs and fans in the knowledge that we’ve got everything we can out of being at the top level.
Had an alcopop have you.

This league is a cartel and these lot are right at the head of it. Of course we can’t compete with them, how can we possibly compete with a club who are allowed to spend hundreds of millions of pounds on players they don’t even have any intentions of using. It’s nice that some of you are still deluding yourselves that we can be competitive today, we can’t because the system isn’t set up for us to be competitive today. It’s set up for us to even be on the same pitch as these scum while we bend over backwards and watch them play keep ball for ninety minutes. Best we can hope for today is that we are able to injure a few of their players for the run in, let’s hope we play as dirty today as we did against Newcastle.

I agree with waz, sadly :(

Pep is a bit of a prat tbh...some of the crap he mumbles to the Press beggars belief.. I'd like to see him.in charge of say Peterboro and try some trying to zap Pompey.
D'you know whut ah mean...?

Get yer 'straight talk' down and in ...gerrit pinging around the threads...and we can have some fun.!

Well I'm looking forward to it. Watching our club play against one of the best, most expensive teams in the WORLD. We're in the same division, if not the same league. It's one match in a season, I've seen all our matches against them, some we've given them a game, some we've been blown away, some strange tactics other times spot on but never quite good enough : )

It's a chance to get out and support our team. There's a limit to how many times that happens a year. The Championship is most fun when you have a mainly Premier League team. I don't think people of Stoke are that ecstatic about their position compared to a decade ago : )

It's a chance to see how far we've come as a team : )

A simple request, unlikely to be heeded I know… as @table points out, we’re in the same division but not the same league. Yes it’s 11v11 and all that but not one of our players would make it into a combined eleven. Should we not get a result please can our resident trolls not draw fatuous conclusions about fitness to wear the shirt, our right to be in the Premier League and all round imminent catastrophe.

I may as well p*ss into the wind I know but can we please base such (almost inevitable) conclusions on how we do in the next three games rather than the one against the best team in the world.

This league is a cartel and these lot are right at the head of it. Of course we can’t compete with them, how can we possibly compete with a club who are allowed to spend hundreds of millions of pounds on players they don’t even have any intentions of using. It’s nice that some of you are still deluding yourselves that we can be competitive today, we can’t because the system isn’t set up for us to be competitive today. It’s set up for us to be thankful to even be on the same pitch as these scum while we bend over backwards and watch them play keep ball for ninety minutes. Best we can hope for today is that we are able to injure a few of their players for the run in, let’s hope we play as dirty today as we did against Newcastle.

Wow, the full-throated pre-game meltdown. Not seen that in a while, but good to know that leopards don't change their spots no matter how much they assure you that they have. :clap:

I just might give it a miss now.

;