AFC Bournemouth v MK Dons - League Cup First Round

We really are lacking squad depth looking at those potential line ups. Would have hoped that we may have added another 1-2 players to the squad by now, with another 2-3 more to follow in the coming weeks.

Still a long way to go in the transfer window and I’m sure the squad will look quite different come the end of August, but I’d rather not go into games against West Brom and Forest relying on a number of untested youngsters.
Not sure you should hold your breath about any big new signings... I'm struggling to remember the last one we made ...Jack Stacey or Billing perhaps?....I suppose you could count Pearson but that was as good as a free really.......the best we can probably hope for is a few loans..

Not sure you should hold your breath about any big new signings... I'm struggling to remember the last one we made ...Jack Stacey or Billing perhaps?....I suppose you could count Pearson but that was as good as a free really.......the best we can probably hope for is a few loans..
Not suggesting that big signings are on the horizon, I’m talking about squad numbers and depth. A keeper on loan, Edward’s on a free and then 2-3 players at £1-2m a piece from League One would probably suffice if we’re aiming for a top half finish. If we want play offs then we’re going to have to add a bit more quality - for example the striker from Peterboro.

Not suggesting that big signings are on the horizon, I’m talking about squad numbers and depth. A keeper on loan, Edward’s on a free and then 2-3 players at £1-2m a piece from League One would probably suffice if we’re aiming for a top half finish. If we want play offs then we’re going to have to add a bit more quality - for example the striker from Peterboro.

Probably still hoping Woodman will be available at some stage soon.

Update for those going tomorrow re parking at Avonbourne School, plus other advice.

Face coverings
On arrival at Vitality Stadium, the club strongly recommend that face coverings continue to be worn and we would ask that you respect other supporters’ space and continue to practice good hand hygiene protocols.

Sanitiser will be available prior to entry via the turnstiles and again on the concourses.

Parking and traffic diversions
Please note, Harewood Avenue will be closed from Monday 26th July until Friday 27th August. Supporters can view details of the suggested alternative route by clicking here.

As a result, parking at Avonbourne School is not available for this match.

We would ask that supporters plan to arrive in plenty of time to enter the stadium. For a reminder of how to use our automated turnstiles, please click here.

https://www.afcb.co.uk/news/club-news/pre-match-fan-info-mk-dons/

Last edited:
Does any exiles out there know whether this game is being broadcast in Europe?
We’re currently in Greece and there’s a great bar called drunk corner, and if it’s available they will show it.

Because this is a Saturday in July, I can't be arsed. Midweek I'd have gone , but just not felt the pull to give up what I was hoping to be a nice day outside
Even though weather still looking crap, I'm still not going.

Being reported that he has agreed terms and comp payment to MK. Can't see him being in charge tomorrow if true.

Martin was the Swansea fans choice to be their new manager after they heard an interview with him on how he likes to play the game.

Used to be that the Charity Shield was the 'Traditional curtain-raiser to the English Football League season', but I'll take this instead.

Just realised ours is the only cup game being played today........one game tomorrow.....the rest of the round 10th August....don't remember it being done that way before.

;