AFC Bournemouth v MK Dons - League Cup First Round

Unlike the FA Cup, I can't listen to Solent live via the internet, so I'll be relying on you lot to keep me updated with your unbiased commentary.

MK Dons can confirm that an official approach has been made by Swansea City to speak to Russell Martin regarding their vacant managerial position.

To our extreme disappointment, this was received less than 24 hours prior to our first competitive fixture of the season.

To minimise disruption to our players and our match preparation, it was decided that this would be discussed after today’s game.

https://www.mkdons.com/news/2021/july/club-statement/

It was our choice.
And a good choice it was imo. Perfect way to start the season, a glorified pre season friendly but with a competitive edge. The perfect transition from the friendlies to league action. And one less Tuesday night game in an already busy schedule. Assume the only reason more clubs didn’t take the offer up was due to the fact that they had already arranged pre season fixtures, so ironically in this case being disorganised has worked to our benefit lol

Jordan Clark and Willo have been discussing the lack of players, Scott Dann‘s name came up again as being a good player for the Championship.

Scott Parker mentioned in interview that we need some new players and hopefully that will happen in due course.

Then the commentary team discussed that there hasn’t been any mention of getting a new striker as we are short in that department.

But as Willo said, Scott Parker isn’t going to give much away in case another club steps in and signs someone under our nose.

Parker's football is in the Bournemouth tradition, some silky stuff at times.

We look ok, not sure we're up to Championship challenge at this stage.

Brooks missed a tapin that honestly I would have scored, but made up for it with a far harder volley later.

Billing and Marcondes together a midfield is very 'luxury'. Killkenny is decent but constantly fouled, lightweight.

Solanke hasn't got his radar set yet, 5 yards behind everything.

Jaidon Anthony looks decent against this opposition.

Improvement needed but ok.

Last edited:

;