AFC Bournemouth v MK Dons

If you say someone had a good game last night its pointed out that the opposition were not great.

But Ibe is still defended when he was so poor against that same side?

I've not seen many do this on here.

Ibe looks the same against all opposition - 50% crap 50% good. His good isn't good enough to start him though.

The only person in that XI last night that made any kind of effort to show they should be in contention for Saturday, was the only person in that starting XI who would be playing anyway! Fraser was brilliant in seemingly various positions.

Liked the look for Diego Rico, but he didn’t have to show his defensive part of the game apart from one sprint across the pitch to get back into position and two quite nasty lunges.

Lerma, looked like he could be what we want, but hard to judge a defensive minded midfielder in a game that didn’t require us to worry defensively.

To coin a phrase about another number 8 though, he looked like a booking waiting to happen.

Lewis Cook unfortunately continued where he left off Saturday.

King and Brooks looked bright.

Defoe, never going to work with us. We just don’t play the way he needs to get the best out of him.

Really don't agree with that. Lerma worked his backside off and showed real quality. We all know he will get bookings - just as long as they are not unnecessary ones for mouthing off at the ref and the red mist gaining revenge type.

Really don't agree with that. Lerma worked his backside off and showed real quality. We all know he will get bookings - just as long as they are not unnecessary ones for mouthing off at the ref and the red mist gaining revenge type.

I said he looked like he could be want we want, I’m just not going to wax overly lyrical about the bloke because he looked good against a League Two side in a game that had the tempo of a pre season friendly.

I said he looked like he could be want we want, I’m just not going to wax overly lyrical about the bloke because he looked good against a League Two side in a game that had the tempo of a pre season friendly.

It’s horses for courses and be interesting how the two new players fair against Premier League sides.

I just do not see the $ being worth it for Ibe in any way shape or form. I wish him the best and he is far better than I ever was on my best day but I would rather see younger guys with a much higher potential ceiling in that backup spot.

I just do not see the $ being worth it for Ibe in any way shape or form. I wish him the best and he is far better than I ever was on my best day but I would rather see younger guys with a much higher potential ceiling in that backup spot.

That’s funny because I would describe Ibe as a young guy with a lot of talent and potential that hasn’t yet fulfilled his promise. He’s 22

Once again like Cook, the amount of football played and prices makes everyone think he's approaching the twilight of career. As for actual wing options, let's break them down
Brooks - great find world his oyster, will be inconsistent, natural at his age
Pugh - great servant, top bloke, can still do it, but really time to wind down
Stanislas - if he can drag himself away from Steve Hard we have a player, always dangerous, likely being turned into a 10, so good inside
Fraser - absolute joy to watch, also groomed for role inside, love the boy
Ibe - needs a run up to get going but does scare defenders, think a lot more to come, not everyone blossoms as young as others
Dobre - about a dozen games at Lg1 and 2, yes he scored a beauty, but I don't expect him to challenge Ibe yet
Given injuries and age, I think there's definitely a place for Ibe in the squad

Sometimes I wish we didn't see the wages. If Ibe was making/cost 5m pounds Id be super excited at his potential. Its probably more of a me playing accountant issue moreso than any issues with Ibe LOL

Sometimes I wish we didn't see the wages. If Ibe was making/cost 5m pounds Id be super excited at his potential. Its probably more of a me playing accountant issue moreso than any issues with Ibe LOL

We don’t see the wages. Anyone who claims they know what any player is being paid is just guessing

I don't really know why the media are so obsessive about it, why aren't they publishing salaries of the thousands of traders in London who earn more rigging the markets?

Talking of wages, it wasn’t that many years ago that some of our players were not paid.

Some of our first team squad are responsible for this club getting from League 1 up to the Premier League where we are now.

Not sure what they were paid back in League 1, but now we are in the top league the players get paid accordingly, probably a lot less than other clubs in this league.

Chris H, are you saying Ibe played terribly the whole game?
Defoe too?
The AFCB commentary made it sound like Ibe did really well.

Ibe was a curate's egg.

His crossing was for the most part poor, he rarely beat the first man and he slowed the game down and lost possession almost every time he had the ball, at least it seemed that way...BUT....He scored a lovely goal, set one up and knocked in a couple of great crosses AND he made the difference on Saturday, I think Wilson looked much happier with Ibe on the pitch.

Willow and Kris will never say a bad word about a Cherries player, they have to meet them afterwards in the bar for a start, so I listen with a large cup of salt at the ready when I do catch Solent.

Ibe was a curate's egg.

His crossing was for the most part poor, he rarely beat the first man and he slowed the game down and lost possession almost every time he had the ball, at least it seemed that way...BUT....He scored a lovely goal, set one up and knocked in a couple of great crosses AND he made the difference on Saturday, I think Wilson looked much happier with Ibe on the pitch.

Willow and Kris will never say a bad word about a Cherries player, they have to meet them afterwards in the bar for a start, so I listen with a large cup of salt at the ready when I do catch Solent.

"Set one up" - Which translates as "ignored Fraser unmarked in the box, instead tried to curl it across the face but a deflection took it back to the player he should have played a simple pass to in the first place. ;)

"Set one up" - Which translates as "ignored Fraser unmarked in the box, instead tried to curl it across the face but a deflection took it back to the player he should have played a simple pass to in the first place. ;)

What about the goal? How are you going to translate that into another dig at the bloke?

Did anyone else not think that Mings more often than not has a heavy first touch,or looked like he was going to trip over the damn ball? But hes a big strong lad and sure he’ll improve with game time

I agree Mings looked a bit ungainly at times but he was defending close to where I was sitting in the second half and his challenges to attackers were awesome. He repeatedly dispossed them with not a hint of a foul. Quite impressive.

;