AFC Bournemouth v Newcastle United - Live On Sky 5.30 pm

So, my understanding is he was playing a deeper role with Lewis. Kluivert was number 10 and Tav on the left. Is that right? Originally when I saw the team line up, I wondered if Tav would support Lewis further back with Kluivert on the left, but from watching MOTD and reading stuff on here, Christie was in a sort of 6 role. Is that right?
I saw the formation as Iraola's usual 4-2-3-1 with Cook and Christie as the "2". I don't know which numerals those correspond with. Christie tended to get forward more than Cook, probably by design.

I’d stick with ‘we made them look bad’ too. We hassled and harried them the whole game. I don’t understand why we haven’t done that before. Wonder if Phil Bill’s absence contributed? He doesn’t do the full on chasing and pressing as well as others.
That's an understatement Paul. :grinning:

Was interesting to see Kluivert and later Sinisterra popping up in central areas to support Dom. Would like to see more, although it makes it harder again to have Billing in his best spot. Decisions for AI.

The TLDR summary of the stats analysis.

Highest xG and lowest xGc in the league this season!

Most attempts (19), big chances (3) and shots on target (10) this season

Cook had impressive defensive stats. He won every tackle and aerial duel and made most defensive actions (the total of interceptions, recoveries, clearances and blocks)

AFCB are +4 points on the corresponding games last year

Was interesting to see Kluivert and later Sinisterra popping up in central areas to support Dom. Would like to see more, although it makes it harder again to have Billing in his best spot. Decisions for AI.
I didn’t miss Phil Bill, so much so it took me until after half half time to realise he wasn’t even in the squad

The TLDR summary of the stats analysis.

Highest xG and lowest xGc in the league this season!

Most attempts (19), big chances (3) and shots on target (10) this season

Cook had impressive defensive stats. He won every tackle and aerial duel and made most defensive actions (the total of interceptions, recoveries, clearances and blocks)

AFCB are +4 points on the corresponding games last year
Cook was superb yesterday.

Amongst all the euphoria, I do fear that other clubs will step up their pursuit for Dom. Would make a huge difference to West Ham and, with callum being injured a lot, he would be a good option for Newcastle plus Chelsea

Amongst all the euphoria, I do fear that other clubs will step up their pursuit for Dom. Would make a huge difference to West Ham and, with callum being injured a lot, he would be a good option for Newcastle plus Chelsea
The age old dilemma for the small club; do well and then lose all your good players..

Only signed a new 4 year contract a couple of weeks ago, so asking price would be enormous I think

Can’t see Bill Foley letting him go.

Solanke’s goals could be the difference between staying up and relegation.

We just need to feed him more by getting the ball to him inside the box like the other evening.

Last edited:
Someone on here posted that they thought there was a release clause in the new contract although this was never formally communicated. Either way, would hope there was an agreement it won’t happen this season as he is so key for us.

I won’t begrudge Dom a big move though. He was on a higher trajectory than afcb until he lost his way and deserves another crack at a top side and England too.

Hopefully in a couple of years time though!

;