AFC Bournemouth v Newcastle United - Live On Sky 5.30 pm

Well that was some strong medicine, watching that performance has improved the Good Lady's health no end. She's been improving for a day or so and that tonight, from players and supporters, is a shot in the arm : )

It's one of those matches where you can't really fault anyone ( unless you screw your eyes up, squint and try very, very hard) Envious of all of you that went but also pleased for you. That was a vintage "Eddie" team performance from us and we haven't seen many of them in the Prem' for a few years. Enjoy it, revel in it, let's hope we grow used to it : )

I could hear the place was buzzing, bouncing, almost bursting. It made us us grin broadly, knowing so many of you there and understanding what it must feel like. It's nights like this that warms you up after all the cold, wet, tepid, insipid defeats. It's the other end of the spectrum and one night like tonight, trumps dozens of mediocre games : )

Well done Ando ( and the club for sticking with him ), it's as if in the last couple of performances he's getting his message across. I think it might have taken longer than expected, to knock the beige safety first, don't concede=can't lose football out of the players and replace it with some psychedelic, swashbuckling, free flowing football : )

So pleased for the players and anyone that was lucky enough to be there ( or even watch it live at home ) : )

Well that was some strong medicine, watching that performance has improved the Good Lady's health no end. She's been improving for a day or so and that tonight, from players and supporters, is a shot in the arm : )

It's one of those matches where you can't really fault anyone ( unless you screw your eyes up, squint and try very, very hard) Envious of all of you that went but also pleased for you. That was a vintage "Eddie" team performance from us and we haven't seen many of them in the Prem' for a few years. Enjoy it, revel in it, let's hope we grow used to it : )

I could hear the place was buzzing, bouncing, almost bursting. It made us us grin broadly, knowing so many of you there and understanding what it must feel like. It's nights like this that warms you up after all the cold, wet, tepid, insipid defeats. It's the other end of the spectrum and one night like tonight, trumps dozens of mediocre games : )

Well done Ando ( and the club for sticking with him ), it's as if in the last couple of performances he's getting his message across. I think it might have taken longer than expected, to knock the beige safety first, don't concede=can't lose football out of the players and replace it with some psychedelic, swashbuckling, free flowing football : )

So pleased for the players and anyone that was lucky enough to be there ( or even watch it live at home ) : )
This

Just got home and games like that make it feel like we travelled back on a magic carpet! Chuffed to nuts doesn't cover it. A brilliant and dominant performance that could have seen us four or five goals to the good. Pope's save towards the end must rank as one of the best we will see. Thankfully it counted for little. The plan seemed to come together tonight. Only downer was the injury to Max. Hopefully only a precautionary early exit. UTCIAD!

What? You were at a different game from me. I though the exact opposite. First touch lead to a dangerous chance, 2nd touch lead to a goal.
Thought sinisterra was excellent and refreshing to see an afcb player look to shoot from further than ten yards out. Looking fitter and definitely motivated

Finally a performance of which AI must have been dreaming about for months. Even if Newcastle had more players available I think we looked up for it from the start.

Thought Lewis cook was excellent too

Let’s go Cherries!! This is the performance the team needed to BELIEVE.

Hopefully we can get a player or two back during the break.

A win vs Sheffield would have us looking up the table rather than down.
Have we got many injuries bar mid-long term adams and Scott; neither back in 2023. Only other one of note is billing, who I assume was injured today?

Sat in the Shed before the game, all in despair, no confidence. Some who had tickets but had sold them and were going to watch the game on TV. Well what a performance from team and fans.
Eddie Howe your team took a hell of a beating!
Today restored my faith and belief.
MOM Nick Pope, says it all ! How did he save that last one?

Incredible performance. I had forgotten what it's like to watch such an utterly dominant performance of attacking intent from start to finish. At times it was like the 'red arrows' from the championship winning season just not quite as clinical.

Defence were solid. We have to keep Kelly until the summer as he's just so solid. Locked down any threat from their right.

Christie was immense. We all know he has the work rate, but what I saw different today were the driving runs from deep with the ball and accuracy in his passing. And dare I say it even his shooting (a bit). With Semenyo and Dom running at them too we looked so dangerous. Dom showed once again what he's all about - instinctive finishes, tireless work rate and constantly giving their defence a headache. His backheel set up for Semenyo was also immense. RTIT can only be trolling now if he still thinks we'd be better off without Dom or could possibly afford/find better.

Cook looks to have gained half a yard of pace and was excellent today. Nobody played badly though. Good cameo for Sinistera and Dango is a great bench option when defences tire.

Most pleasing of all is you can now see the system in full effect. 3 of the 4 goals in our last 2 home games have come directly from winning the ball back in their half (Semenyo, Billing and Dom goals) and they're all bought in to it. As MOTD showed, the long balls down the line or diagonal to the attackers is also working a treat and is what we were promised from AI. We have the perfect players with Dom and Semenyo to make those passes work. This system will work against a lot of sides in the league who aren't defensively strong enough to cope with direct running or controlled enough to pass out through the press.

Fans sounded great today and you could see the whole team had an extra spring in their step.

The only caveat is that Newcastle really were utter shite (thanks Eddie!). Yes, they have injuries but I thought their overall work rate and basic control and passing were pretty abysmal. I'm gonna stick with the 'we made them look bad' angle for now though.

Nothing against GON, and good luck to him, but today was better than any performance I watched in the PL under either him or Parker. Exciting football like that has been sorely missed at Dean Court!

Last edited:
Incredible performance. I had forgotten what it's like to watch such an utterly dominant performance of attacking intent from start to finish. At times it was like the 'red arrows' from the championship winning season just not quite as clinical.

Defence were solid. We have to keep Kelly until the summer as he's just so solid. Locked down any threat from their right.

Christie was immense. We all know he has the work rate, but what I saw different today were the driving runs from deep with the ball and accuracy in his passing. And dare I say it even his shooting (a bit). With Semenyo and Dom running at them too we looked so dangerous. Dom showed once again what he's all about - instinctive finishes, tireless work rate and constantly giving their defence a headache. His backheel set up for Semenyo was also immense. RTIT can only be trolling now if he still thinks we'd be better off without Dom or could possibly afford/find better.

Cook looks to have gained half a yard of pace and was excellent today. Nobody played badly though. Good cameo for Sinistera and Dango is a great bench option when defences tire.

Most pleasing of all is you can now see the system in full effect. 3 of the 4 goals in our last 2 home games have come directly from winning the ball back in their half (Semenyo, Billing and Dom goals) and they're all bought in to it. As MOTD showed, the long balls down the line or diagonal to the attackers is also working a treat and is what we were promised from AI. We have the perfect players with Dom and Semenyo to make those passes work. This system will work against a lot of sides in the league who aren't defensively strong enough to cope with direct running or controlled enough to pass out through the press.

Fans sounded great today and you could see the whole team had an extra spring in their step.

The only caveat is that Newcastle really were utter shite (thanks Eddie!). Yes, they have injuries but I thought their overall work rate and basic control and passing were pretty abysmal. I'm gonna stick with the 'we made them look bad' angle for now though.

Nothing against GON, and good luck to him, but today was better than any performance I watched in the PL under either him or Parker. Exciting football like that has been sorely missed at Dean Court!

I’d stick with ‘we made them look bad’ too. We hassled and harried them the whole game. I don’t understand why we haven’t done that before. Wonder if Phil Bill’s absence contributed? He doesn’t do the full on chasing and pressing as well as others.

I’d stick with ‘we made them look bad’ too. We hassled and harried them the whole game. I don’t understand why we haven’t done that before. Wonder if Phil Bill’s absence contributed? He doesn’t do the full on chasing and pressing as well as others.

Intersting one. Wondered about that before.

He shouldn't get into starting 11 v Sheff u imo... after today.

Certainly coukd be an element of overall team balance.

Bit divisive, maybe controversial but personally would offload him, if this heading malarkey holds water. Respect players views OC, but potentially sends out wrong message imo.

Pretty damn weird tbh. Let someone ekse deal with his idiosyncrasies.

I don't buy into 'blood n thunder'/'three lions...' mentality, but personally think it very subtly Undermines 'commitment to the cause'. Coupled with electing to change 'official' name...seriously, who on here woukd do that?(or change profile pic to another member wearing speedos ;)). Like to say I respect players views, but declaring your 1st name as official name on shirt is likely a sign of ego... or mental illness imo.

Get rid.

Last edited:
Great result for the boys!

Neto 6.5 Looked more confident than of late a couple of good saves but a relatively quiet day for him.
Aarons 7 some good energy and attacking pace.
Zabyarni 6.5 Assured and solid today
Senesi 7 looked good and confident on the ball playing out from the back
Kelly 7.5 absolute class and his pace kept the Newcastle attacks in place
Kluivert 6 did okay but at times looks a tad lightweight
Cook 7.5 Gritty and energetic in the midfield unlucky to get booked
Tavernier 6.5 got plenty of the ball and was a threat missed a sitter towards the end.
Semenyo 7 Faded after a blistering start probably should have got a goal but he is looking a real talent
Christie 8 Dynamo and ran his socks off showing how important he can be to the team,glad he’s signed a new contract.
Solanke 8.5 we are so lucky to have him as he gives the opposition so much to think about great to see him get a double.

Smith 7 great to have his experience available for the bench did some good defensive stuff.
Sinisterra 7 got stuck in and his header on the post led to our second goal.
Ouatarra 6 looked energetic but his final ball is something to work on!
Rothwell….only on a minute or two.

referee usual pants again booking Cook for a soft foul but letting Linton go through the back of one of our players without a yellow.

As v Liverpool, we played as a team. No weak link. All playing for each other. For the first time we pressed the whole game. This was successful. Joe Linton didn’t have any real success as we stifled him.

Also, most chances on goal all season. No coincidence.

No negative substitutions either. We continued to go for it rather than try and consolidate and hang on. We out Eddied Eddie.

As v Liverpool, we played as a team. No weak link. All playing for each other. For the first time we pressed the whole game. This was successful. Joe Linton didn’t have any real success as we stifled him.

Also, most chances on goal all season. No coincidence.

No negative substitutions either. We continued to go for it rather than try and consolidate and hang on. We out Eddied Eddie.

Yes, we were concerned/waiting for the sit back and absorb/let opposition take it to us.

Fair play to AI. Perfectly executed example of how to setup versus a side chasing a game. Bring on pace, counter attack.

Wonder what GON would have done if managing us?

;