AFC Bournemouth v Norwich City

For a start It's not a faux 343 ....it's supposed to revert to 523 when we defend and vice versa when we attack that's the strength of the system not a weakness.....i don't think anyone is advocating it either tbf.....it's just the system we think JT will play;.....by all means keep suggesting a funky system that has Zemura at CB and no wingbacks if you like but you must know that it's never going to be attempted in the English game.... not by JT.....Pep .....Klopp or any other manager that hasn't lost his marbles.........The bit about Lewis Cook picking out our attackers did make me laugh though ....:grinning:..... the 442 idea was fantastic btw....i don't know why we haven't tried it before.....
Note: I said trying to find players further forward, not necessarily successfully.

I am also pretty aware of comments re 4-4-2, the point is we need to be more agile. Use it at different times, rather than wait till we are behind to change formation. It would be pretty boring to just predict what we think JT will do, it's a much richer debate to consider what he might do differently and then easier to form different opinions whether we have best chance of winning games.

But to be clear this, Man city Vs Bmouth analysis is what Norwich will have done for each of our games and will probably conclude that in possession they can cause us problems because we give possession in areas we struggle to defend from. It's independent analysis, confirms what most think of Billing and interprets how we played as 5-3-2 not 3-5-2. Its also not all bad news.

If it helps, I can dress up my formation as 4-2-4 with Danjuma and Brooks dropping back to help when we lose the ball, but you wouldn't be wrong to claim that's a 4-4-2 in disguise.

I will still stick by original point though, at home we need more than 3 attacking players regardless of formation, maybe surprise them with 4-2-3-1 as well.

Btw Pep has used this crackpot funky formation against Liverpool and it was working until wrongly given offside denied them bigger lead and Klopp half time counter adjustments .Article why Man city should carry on with 3-4-3 Diamond :eek:

Appreciate your counter (y)

Note: I said trying to find players further forward, not necessarily successfully.

I am also pretty aware of comments re 4-4-2, the point is we need to be more agile. Use it at different times, rather than wait till we are behind to change formation. It would be pretty boring to just predict what we think JT will do, it's a much richer debate to consider what he might do differently and then easier to form different opinions whether we have best chance of winning games.

But to be clear this, Man city Vs Bmouth analysis is what Norwich will have done for each of our games and will probably conclude that in possession they can cause us problems because we give possession in areas we struggle to defend from. It's independent analysis, confirms what most think of Billing and interprets how we played as 5-3-2 not 3-5-2. Its also not all bad news.

If it helps, I can dress up my formation as 4-2-4 with Danjuma and Brooks dropping back to help when we lose the ball, but you wouldn't be wrong to claim that's a 4-4-2 in disguise.

I will still stick by original point though, at home we need more than 3 attacking players regardless of formation, maybe surprise them with 4-2-3-1 as well.

Btw Pep has used this crackpot funky formation against Liverpool and it was working until wrongly given offside denied them bigger lead and Klopp half time counter adjustments .Article why Man city should carry on with 3-4-3 Diamond:eek:

Appreciate your counter (y)
So he used it once then binned it lol......any formation that teams play against Man City is going to look defensive .....i've defended our use of 442 until the cows come home on here because of what it can become ....whether thats 451 4231 or as you've mentioned the 424 we played most weeks in the championship last time around......but thats the same for any formation .....it's only a foundation of whatever you want it to be.....and that of course will depend on what quality the opposition are.......Norwich are really not going to pay much attention on how we set up against City.

I would like to see Brooks behind Surridge for at least some of the game. Thought they looked like they could form a good little partnership when they played v MC . It feels a long time since we’ve had a genuine partnership up top.
They’re a perfect combination

It isn't necessarily the team I would pick but I think this is what JT will go for tomorrow:

lineup.png

Subs: Surridge, King, Billing, L Cook, Simpson, Stacey, Travers

That assumes Kelly is fit and Junior is still unavailable.

Despite how good Brooks looked in behind Surridge I don't think he'll abandon his main formation yet and Solanke's been alright so will likely hold onto his place.

As much as I wanted to find a place on the bench for Zemura or Ofoborh, until injuries or suspensions kick in I think JT will stick to the established first team squad.

If King wasn't fit enough to be a sub on Thursday it'd be a surprise to throw him into the starting line up here. I expect him to be behind the 'Break in case of emergency' glass on the bench.

It isn't necessarily the team I would pick but I think this is what JT will go for tomorrow:

View attachment 4037

Subs: Surridge, King, Billing, L Cook, Simpson, Stacey, Travers

That assumes Kelly is fit and Junior is still unavailable.

Despite how good Brooks looked in behind Surridge I don't think he'll abandon his main formation yet and Solanke's been alright so will likely hold onto his place.

As much as I wanted to find a place on the bench for Zemura or Ofoborh, until injuries or suspensions kick in I think JT will stick to the established first team squad.

If King wasn't fit enough to be a sub on Thursday it'd be a surprise to throw him into the starting line up here. I expect him to be behind the 'Break in case of emergency' glass on the bench.
Yes agreed although I doubt Kelly will be fit given he felt a hamstring on Thursday. Suspect Stacey will come in if that's the case

Think we need another right footed cb if we keep playing three at back. Mepham looks better on the left imho. Thus move him to left and retain oforborh on right

Stacey Cook Rico surely is its three at the back.

If Kelly isn't fit.

Smith LWB, and FRASER RWB..

Oh fck hold on.....

Leeds United have submitted a £15million bid for Norwich City midfielder Todd Cantwell and the attacker is expected to be left out of the Norwich squad v Bournemouth today

Excellent. Can we ring around the other teams that owe us a favour and get them to do similar to the rest of their key players? Villa for sure. And Liverpool. Man Utd after the bomb debacle. No doubt there are others.

Leeds United have submitted a £15million bid for Norwich City midfielder Todd Cantwell and the attacker is expected to be left out of the Norwich squad v Bournemouth today

Been a good player for them, they will miss him if he goes.

On another note Solent starts at 3.30 pm on radio today.

;