AFC Bournemouth v Nottingham Forest - Sunday 2 pm

Maybe not..I don't know how I'd feel if 'I' was a ST holder...I'll try to deal with that in subsequent periods of introspection.
I was quite disappointed too, today with that solitary point gained..and not 3 as most of us expected...mind you I had expressed concern about it being a banana skin game.
It was probably the worst game I’ve seen at DC for a while. The ref was poor. Most of our players were poor. The Forest team were hell bent on not letting the game flow, the ref helped them with that. And Dom was pocketed by a Lardy with a waistline to rival Warren Aspinall.

Thursdays draw with West Ham was frustrating, but I thought it had nothing to do with the ref.

It wasn't her fault for the result or the goals as Forest did enough for a point.
But her decisions turned it into a really slow and scrappy 97 minute game which effected part of our performance, Forest fans also clearly weren't happy with her for number of decisions.

So then...why all the focus on the Ref in many posts since the game !
Whenever we don't Win it's the same.....Referee won't escape criticism....mind you that's the same on All clubs Forums.

The Forest Forum tonight is equally as banal and misguided...worse in fact !
Sorry I didn't realise we weren't allowed to discuss a referees performance on a football forum. We have also discussed Billings red card, Florists tactics, our under par performance as well as many other issues. I don't see any problems with that.

How do you get this thing about myself visiting a 'make believe' pub...it doesn't make any sense...pubs are there..with people in them and screens for Sport.
If you ever come over this way....I'll take you in the pubs I've visited...buy you some beers and have a chat...see if that can break the ice and create a ' social normality ' - maybe a Football harmony of sorts.
It is possible I'm sure .
I would be into that, do you know any air bnb in the area, i'm in Portugal at the moment but maybe in april.

It wasn't her fault for the result or the goals as Forest did enough for a point.
But her decisions turned it into a really slow and scrappy 97 minute game which effected part of our performance, Forest fans also clearly weren't happy with her for number of decisions.
She kept pulling play back when they had advantage, no wonder they were pissed off. Dominguez didn't help their case going down like he had been shot on every occasion.

Billing really has lost his way, quite ponderous and was a silly thing to do. Executed really poorly, all he had to do was catch up to him a bit then do it.

Tavernier again, really lacking confidence.

Was quite a dull game, and yet again we score early, then do nothing.

Last edited:
Sorry I didn't realise we weren't allowed to discuss a referees performance on a football forum. We have also discussed Billings red card, Florists tactics, our under par performance as well as many other issues. I don't see any problems with that.
Refs get sh*t from fans after virtually every defeat or draw..across All leagues..every week.

Forest fans are equally blaming the Ref on their forums tonight.

I'm not saying don't discuss....but you know as well as I do that Football is flawed now - VAR and control of Refereeing aspects, especially in this PL...and most of my posts are about that and various wrongs of the modern game...directly and otherwise...just speaking my mind....what we should all be doing...and less politely !

Couldn’t decide if Forest were happy just to see the game out for the point, or whether they were simply too poor to make an impression. Maybe a bit of the former meant they didn’t fully commit to a win resulting in the latter. It was weird being fairly relaxed (in terms of not losing) with 10 men.
Think their problem is Morgan Gibbs White has to touch the ball at least half a dozen times fofore they do anything....
Seriously neither side had a second goal in them today

Without wishing to go all Lee Bradbury on it… we were excellent for the x minutes at the start of the game.

The press from the front was excellent, Solanke, Kluivert, Sinisterra, Semenyo and Christie were excellent, pressing in packs, we had them penned in their own third and during that period of the game it was like watching a punch drunk boxer on the ropes.

But then Christie got his dead leg and during that period of him running that off, the ref changed her tact and started making decisions that she wasn’t before and the flow of the game all changed.

Mid way through the first half it all began to feel like a lottery any time two players got close to each other and we totally lost our way.

Without wishing to go all Lee Bradbury on it… we were excellent for the x minutes at the start of the game.

The press from the front was excellent, Solanke, Kluivert, Sinisterra, Semenyo and Christie were excellent, pressing in packs, we had them penned in their own third and during that period of the game it was like watching a punch drunk boxer on the ropes.

But then Christie got his dead leg and during that period of him running that off, the ref changed her tact and started making decisions that she wasn’t before and the flow of the game all changed.

Mid way through the first half it all began to feel like a lottery any time two players got close to each other and we totally lost our way.
That is a pretty good summary. Christies injury was a big turning point in the first half. We stopped pressing and looked open in the centre of midfield. Although he played on with the knock it clearly slowed him up.

Where do you start with that…

First twenty minutes we were excellent but it looked too much on the back of a tiring Thursday night pretty quickly and the press stopped. I don’t think it’s a coincidence either that also coincided with Christie’s injury as he wasn’t the same even though he played on. That coupled with Nunos low block reducing space behind meant it was always going to be a challenging afternoon. Solanke was well shackled and the centre midfield didn’t ever get close enough too him let alone beyond him so the play went to the flanks a lot where we were doubled up on.

The ref in my opinion got the red right. Stupid, stupid decision from Phil to make his ‘take one for the team’ more Bruce Lee than Franny Lee… hasn’t he heard of shirt pulling. The rest of the game the ref lost because she allowed too much at the beginning and that meant it just grew. She was equally as poor with both sides so at least it was balanced. A few people blaming her sex on various forms of media clearly forgetting we have had four or five games a season of this level of officiating since god was a boy and all of them had a penis.

Ultimately though, a stupid Christie flick (why the club celebrated him doing the same at West Ham with its own video god only knows…Memories of every school coach shouting ‘not there Ryan’ must be permeating his brain tonight) and an inexcusable act from Phil were more responsible for this result than anyone with a whistle.

Only consolation for me was normally when dragged into a war (Burnley for many a year)
we lose. We didn’t, we will be better for a weeks break and there were some excellent performances from the likes of Christie for first 20, Zab all game, Sini until he tired and Lewis Cook to build on.

What term should they have used?

At one point I released I had shouted "FFS what are you doing woman?". Realised it didn't sound great and never said it again. And yet I shout WTF are you doing man? ..at the ref almost every week. Her gender had nothing to do with her performance, lets face it we rightly moan about the quality of the refs almost every week, its shocking. But you have to refer to her?

Wouldn't you say "that guy ruined the game?" of course you would. Think you are slightly over sensitive.
just refer to her by her job rather than her gender. It was the emphasis on “that woman” I had an issue with - I don’t think that makes me sensitive but also I think we should be wary of our language and the impact it has.

Impressively pretty much everyone else on this thread managed to point out she was a terrible ref without bringing gender in so explicitly.

Reactions: DJ

;