AFC Bournemouth v Nottingham Forest - Sunday 2 pm

just refer to her by her job rather than her gender. It was the emphasis on “that woman” I had an issue with - I don’t think that makes me sensitive but also I think we should be wary of our language and the impact it has.

Impressively pretty much everyone else on this thread managed to point out she was a terrible ref without bringing gender in so explicitly.
Aw bless you

Ultimately though, a stupid Christie flick (why the club celebrated him doing the same at West Ham with its own video god only knows…Memories of every school coach shouting ‘not there Ryan’ must be permeating his brain tonight)

How you can compare those two things and call them “the same” is certainly some artistic licence.

All he tried to do was flick a ball that wasn’t under control around the attacker. He got dispossessed, it happens, just like Semenyo should have headed it clear but didn’t, like Smith could have got closer to block the shot. Or whoever gave the free kick away should have done better. It just happens in football.
It’s not one of those clear cut individual errors like Neto against Wolves for example, where no one really blamed Billing despite him having enough time to turn 180 degrees and take 3 or 4 touches before losing the ball. The error was Neto’s for putting him in a tight spot with no time to do little else.

just refer to her by her job rather than her gender. It was the emphasis on “that woman” I had an issue with - I don’t think that makes me sensitive but also I think we should be wary of our language and the impact it has.

Impressively pretty much everyone else on this thread managed to point out she was a terrible ref without bringing gender in so explicitly.

But I refer to refs as "guy" and "man", read my post again. No one using the term woman is doing anything other than referring to her. So I can refer to nearly all refs as man but if I call her woman its an issue? As I mentioned, I can see the optics dont look good when shouting out at a football match but it shouldnt matter.

A scrappy crappy match, both teams and officials were bellow par.

Notts are in a relegation fight ( unless or until they get a points deduction). They came to play the way they did and the ref played into their hands. It doesn't bother me what nationality the coach is but ones that use that "anti-football" approach, I don't like. I don't like leaving my nice warm house to watch it and I don't enjoy watching it on the tv, in my nice warm house. The thing is, Nuno's job is keeping them up, not entertaining me and the Good Lady. A late winner is always sweeter against teams like that but after Philip's red card it was unlikely. I don't think raking the lad's achilles was intentional but the foul was, obviously. Had he only been booked, I feel VAR would have interfered and he would have been off anyway. Christie's dead leg also had a detrimental affect on us.

I think the ref was poor and we've had ones like that before against teams like Notts and it just helps ruin the match as a spectacle. She was booed by both sets of fans, obviously more by us than them but she looked out of her depth. Also I noticed she nearly collided with one of our players during the match, Prem' refs very rarely do. She's got a lot to learn, and I hope she does. She was inconspicuous against QPR, I hope she can be a top referee. But she's going to need support and help from the Ref's union to stop her becoming a bette noir for women refs. They need to be sure she's up to the tasks they set her, not rush her elevation. That performance in a bigger, televised match will finish her career and set back women refs for years.

Last couple of matches the player look a little jaded, not much but enough to stop us winning either. The way we've played since "it's clicked" under Andoni has moved us from a team people target as a "winnable" to a "stop them winning". I have every confidence AI and the players will adapt. As fans we're a tad disappointed to "only" draw away to 6th place West Ham and draw at home with 10 men. We've come a long way, in a short time, and I feel we've not reached the upper limit yet : )

Ps I've met hundreds , if not thousands, of football supporters and I can't remember any of them being "pigsh*t ignorant". I would say most are the exact opposite. People that spout bullsh*t and bollo*ks with self assured authority having not been anywhere near watching the match, now that's a different shovel of pigsh*t ignorance : )

pps all the booing and abuse directed towards the ref, from where I was in the North Stand, wasn't gender based. It was "not fit to referee" based : )
The assistants were male.

The team of officials were weak.

This is what ruined the game for me yesterday as I mentioned on an earlier post, the constant stop start of the game with 31 fouls. See what our manager said in the four paras below from Echo story.

Our fans have got used to watching free flowing football and yesterday was not a good advert for Premier League football IMO.

Four paras from Echo story.

“I think there haven't been any difficult, difficult decisions to take,” Iraola continued when asked if he felt the game was difficult to referee.

“Probably the (amount) of fouls called was much, much higher than other games.

“I think there was 30 something fouls. Normally in the Premier League you don't arrive at 20 or something like this.

“So everything was much like stopped, you know, and even these small fouls can affect the result - it happened with the goal they scored.”

The TLDR of the stats

A poor game, the xG in the second half was AFCB 0.20 and N Forest 0.06

Only 3 successful crosses from 23 for AFCB, although one resulted in our goal

Most ‘fouls’ conceded by AFCB this season

+6 points on corresponding games

How you can compare those two things and call them “the same” is certainly some artistic licence.

All he tried to do was flick a ball that wasn’t under control around the attacker. He got dispossessed, it happens, just like Semenyo should have headed it clear but didn’t, like Smith could have got closer to block the shot. Or whoever gave the free kick away should have done better. It just happens in football.
It’s not one of those clear cut individual errors like Neto against Wolves for example, where no one really blamed Billing despite him having enough time to turn 180 degrees and take 3 or 4 touches before losing the ball. The error was Neto’s for putting him in a tight spot with no time to do little else.
I know you are hyper sensitive to any perceived criticism of Christie but ultimately Forest were only (and did only) going to score with an error. Just as West Ham were only going to score with the error Kelly made.

Pointing that out doesn’t mean you want the player banished to the reserves for ever etc. Ryan also has a habit of doing some things on his own area he should only do further up the pitch. All part of his learning curve in a new position and I’m sure we won’t see any fancy stuff in the first third again.

I know you are hyper sensitive to any perceived criticism of Christie
If anything I'm hyper-sensitive to all players when the criticism is unjust.

It's boring, you jump on whoever is your latest scapegoat and will then spend the remnants of time splitting the atom for any ounce of anything you can spot to prove yourself right. It's dull and just because you get called out on it, doesn't mean I'm over-sensitive to it. It just means I think you're wrong because you don't do it to others. It's biased to fit your narrative.

;