Rico

Stanislas
L Cook
Billing
Danjuma

Surridge
Long

subs: Travers/Lerma/Wilshere/Anthony/Zemura/Brooks/Buchall/Kilkenny & Riquelme

S Cook and Solanke on long term injury list...

Assuming Mepham,Stacey and Pearson can't make it?

Brian you go at great lengths to point out reasons you are "not racist " and have nothing against minority groups,..... the lesbian barmaid, and disabled Jamaican come to mind....may have that the wrong way round......just seems strange when called out on anything, you trot out all your associations to prove you are PC....the latest being the surgeon that treated your wife.

I certainly am Not PC ! Or want to be.
For a start..I don't like politicians..they are the cause of many misconceptions between divisions of society !
You can be full of assumptions Ted...easy to do on this medium.
Until you have face to face connection with people..you cannot fully and comprehensively judge them !
I've ripped the skin off the frailties of this Forum many times and wound up a few Conceited Dogmatists..by basically being just ' Down to Earth '...but where I can see it..I will admit when I'm wrong..some of them never do!

Last edited:
My posts can be a bit 'speculative' much as you get in the Press.....but only to tease out any other variations and themes...some of it is ' tongue in cheek' stuff and if I appear ' nationalistic' somehow...then its because want to see young British (and Irish) players get the jobs .....I.e. Surridge and Kilkenny.
Same with managers...Just my preference..what's wrong with that ?
Its not criminal..not to go with the flow !
Maybe..All to :chill: a bit!

I'm not asking you to "go with the flow", just for you to justify your statements. You claim Surridge isn't getting game time because he's Caucasian without a British sounding name. In fact, it's a white Irishman with the name "Long" who is currently taking his place. Not everyone who points out basic errors in your argument needs to "chill". Just as your allowed to post your, in my opinion, nonsense, I'm also allowed to call it out.

That's the free speech many "woke" haters love to defend, except when it seems to turn against them.

Having said all that, you're right. Surridge should start :utc:

Last edited:
"liberal and ‘woke’ society"

What do you mean by woke Waz ?
I mean that society has become so sensitive in its pursuit to combat racial (and other) prejudices that any point of view that deviates even slightly from the mainline liberal narrative sees you labelled as a racist. I am actually a big advocate of a culturally diverse society (as I believe that to be progressive we always need to be open to positive change and look to evolve, which integrating the positive aspects from alternative cultures can only accelerate,) however I can also appreciate when someone doesn’t share this view and accept the fact that it doesn’t make them racist.

I'm not asking you to "go with the flow", just for you to justify your statements. You claim Surridge isn't getting game time because he's Caucasian without a British sounding name. In fact, it's a white Irishman with the name "Long" who is currently taking his place. Not everyone who points out basic errors in your argument needs to "chill". Just as your allowed to post your, in my opinion, nonsense, I'm also allowed to call it out.

That's the free speech many "woke" haters love to defend, except when it seems to turn against them.

Having said all that, you're right. Surridge should start :utc:

'Woke' means nothing to me....wrong age group !!!...I've explained before in various accumulations of words .. I'm only trying to tease out a varied set of responses about things. That is how its happening out and people get angry and reactionary so quickly and randomly in this age ..so I guess that makes me some kind of nuisance !

Long and Surridge to start ?..we might get enough effort then ! Stick Brooks in the middle of them. Stan can feed them maybe..Put Arnaut on at Half time to replace whoever is most tired...we have to try new ways up front! Swap em about until the most potent group is established.

He actually said that Surridge won’t get picked because the tendency is to pay players who cost over inflated transfer fees. He then goes on to make the separate point that the tendency in the modern game is to look abroad for foreign imports rather than giving homegrown players opportunities. He may put it across in a pretty eccentric way but he does have a point, especially at the top level.
Really that's all you got from that post?....what do you think he meant when he said that Surridge doesn't fit in due to his Caucasian appearance?

When discussions go on for too long they get distorted and wires get crossed or they get pulled too far apart...for any sense to be concluded!

They don't ' look' like anything they just come from somewhere else a long distance away....
....can you not see anything in a light hearted way ?
You said he didn't our criteria due to his 'Caucasian appearance' which you then clarrified as meaning 'non far flung foreign '..... .....so tell me it what way does anyone look non far flung foreign?

Rotherham will be no more of a pushover than Forest were. Last 6 games they have W3 D2 L1, our figures are 1,1,4. They sit 11th to our 20th on the current form table over last 6 games. Forest are 8th with 3,2,1. JW has arrested the decline.

You said he didn't our criteria due to his 'Caucasian appearance' which you then clarrified as meaning 'non far flung foreign '..... .....so tell me it what way does anyone look non far flung foreign?

Your trying hard to trick me into saying something racist I.e.. referring to colour..
Can you not see that I was being heavily sarcastic in the Caucasian reference..as a result of being p*ssed off about Surridge not being started and the foreign players and more expensive ones being favoured. That's all it was! with a hint of humour in it too..although I admit that didn't work !

Last edited:

;