AFC Bournemouth v Sheffield United

It's a crazy decision. The ball is cleared straight at him from about 2 feet away and it seemed to hit him more in the gut than directly on to his hand. They first checked var for offside before checking for handball. It seemed destined to always be disallowed. On Taylor, his consistency in decision making was poor. On a side note, when their keeper was time wasting at goal kicks Taylor tapping his watch does nothing to stop it. If he'd booked the keeper earlier than he eventually did then it would have stopped immediately.
The same old story with refs and time wasting goalkeepers. Booking with 20 mins remaining for time wasting. Continue in the same fashion for the rest of the game time wasting just the same, and all the ref will do is tap his watch. So what is the point of the booking?

I do not blame the Sheffield U keeper, he’s only playing the game by the rules as they appear to be applied. I’d expect us to do the same. The fault is with the refs in failing to follow through with the threat.

As for the Dom non goal, it did seem like they were going to find any reason to disallow. Checking for this, checking for that. It felt inevitable. I wonder if Haaland would be subject to such microscopic scrutiny?

I remember that but thought it was at half time?

It could well have been, I'm struggling with the year. Was it 81 or 84 ? We both got promoted in the 81/82 David Webb season from divvy 4. 84 they were doing well and went up that season as well. 84 was also the infamous Millwall pitchie.

I'll be forever baffled by the fact that someone who does everything else as well as Ryan Christie can shoot so, so badly. It's like he's happy just to get it going in the right general direction. Surely some extra shooting practice every week could sort him out? Or just never shoot.
Or play him in the games where we won’t have as much of the ball. This is where he is brilliant. Same with Tavs. Then in games where we need to score and have more possession bring in Billing, Scott and Sini…

I'll be forever baffled by the fact that someone who does everything else as well as Ryan Christie can shoot so, so badly. It's like he's happy just to get it going in the right general direction. Surely some extra shooting practice every week could sort him out? Or just never shoot.
Should be fined a weeks wages every time he attempts a shot, I’ve never seen an attacking player with such poor shooting technique.

The thing is he is the player who gets himself into a good position to shoot and seems to have the most chances.

Now we need to get players who can shoot accurately, into the positions which Christie finds.

Their keeper made some very good saves to keep them in the game, especially in the first half.

It's a crazy decision. The ball is cleared straight at him from about 2 feet away and it seemed to hit him more in the gut than directly on to his hand. They first checked var for offside before checking for handball. It seemed destined to always be disallowed. On Taylor, his consistency in decision making was poor. On a side note, when their keeper was time wasting at goal kicks Taylor tapping his watch does nothing to stop it. If he'd booked the keeper earlier than he eventually did then it would have stopped immediately.
Even after the GK was booked, he didn’t get any quicker. He knew he would never get a 2nd yellow for time wasting.

Or play him in the games where we won’t have as much of the ball. This is where he is brilliant. Same with Tavs. Then in games where we need to score and have more possession bring in Billing, Scott and Sini…
Think you’ve hit the nail on the head. We should be rotating personnel based on the opponent. In games where we will have more of the ball (Luton cough cough) I would play Solanke and Unal together too. To avoid us spending the entire game whipping in hopeful crosses to an isolated striker.

Didn’t say he was the reason we didn’t win. I’m saying you can’t start two central midfielders who shoot like 8 year olds and haven’t got a goal all season and Cook would get my nod.
Why not? Scoring goals is not his main purpose. He is the best player at the club at what he does. Cannot understand why you don't get that.

When we got him from Celtic....on their message board someone wrote.....
Hope the French have been warned hes moving to the south coast...:ROFLMAO:

The same old story with refs and time wasting goalkeepers. Booking with 20 mins remaining for time wasting. Continue in the same fashion for the rest of the game time wasting just the same, and all the ref will do is tap his watch. So what is the point of the booking?

I do not blame the Sheffield U keeper, he’s only playing the game by the rules as they appear to be applied. I’d expect us to do the same. The fault is with the refs in failing to follow through with the threat.

As for the Dom non goal, it did seem like they were going to find any reason to disallow. Checking for this, checking for that. It felt inevitable. I wonder if Haaland would be subject to such microscopic scrutiny?
Maybe they just add an extra minute or two on at the end? If they don't do that already it's probably the simplest solution. Sending a goalie off for time wasting would cause uproar, especially if it happened in the first half. Also, tbh, if we were 1-0 up against Man City I don't think any of us would want Neto to hurry things up.

;