AFC Bournemouth v Southampton

We must not Hype this as anything other than a crucial 3 points.. the fact it is Zamp'n is neither here nor there...its not a derby...there is no real hate from most on either side... its just a Pile of Buildings and some Boats between here and Pumpey !

We have to just roll em flat with attack after attack and hear swishy sounds of Leather on Net..behind their mesmirised goalie.. a couple of times with no reply.

Then.. go Merseywards and do some Bizz up there ! They might just lay back like whores.. because Eddie is a Fan !

I am always worried before matches but am particularly bothered about this one. Our players' joyous celebrations at St Mary's may just come back to bite us on the posterior. It is rumoured that their players were not best pleased and are very keen to get revenge. A point may not be a disaster.

It's all about our tactics. This is a game that can be won and lost by Eddie and Jason. The challenge is totally different to the games we've played well in recently so getting us set up correctly to make sure we're still effective is crucial.

For me it’s all about mentality:

The willingness to fight for every ball - to hunt in packs to press and track back with attackers from deep

The confidence to take a risk - supporting the attack or passing forward instead of safely around the back.

Above all not freeze under the pressure, which may have happened with the palace game. Tactics can help of course and, in particular, engender confidence but it’s now down to the players to show the bottle to get the job done whatever formation chosen.

What the Leicester C and Manchester C games showed us was when our team went behind they didn’t fold.

Both times in the second half we took the game to them and had them under pressure and importantly played with confidence.

The opposite could be said for both Palace and Newcastle U games.

What the Leicester C and Manchester C games showed us was when our team went behind they didn’t fold.

Both times in the second half we took the game to them and had them under pressure and importantly played with confidence.

The opposite could be said for both Palace and Newcastle U games.

I think we have to start with Stan. He's easily been out best since re-start. Do we start Solanke with his new found confidence? I'm inclined to say:

Ramsdale
Smith/Stacey Cook Kelly Rico
Lerma Billing
Stan Brooks King
Wilson/Solanke

I think we have to start with Stan. He's easily been out best since re-start. Do we start Solanke with his new found confidence? I'm inclined to say:

Ramsdale
Smith/Stacey Cook Kelly Rico
Lerma Billing
Stan Brooks King
Wilson/Solanke

That might be why Eddie took Solanke and Stanislas off in the 69th minute against Man C.

Apart from the win we need to win well because of goal difference
To overtake Watford, we need to win 2 games and them 1 maximum. That's n automatic 2 goal swing so really any win will do. Obviously 5 -0 vs Scummers would be ideal

I'd be pleased if we go out in a similar vein to Leicester & Man C - try to keep it as tight as we can til half time then fight to impose ourselves early 2nd half.

The big mistake for me would be if we were to open the game up too early, then do not get a goal & got caught by their very good attack - saints are playing very well & sure as professional footballers they will be up for it.

Hope we get the result, the energy & belief from 2nd half Leicester can transform it - really some great energy across the team, we just need same again & a little luck. Think we've earned it & hopefully goes it all down to the wire.

UTCIAD

To overtake Watford, we need to win 2 games and them 1 maximum. That's n automatic 2 goal swing so really any win will do. Obviously 5 -0 vs Scummers would be ideal

The odds would be in our favour for a goal swing but it isn't automatic. If they win one game 4-0 and lose the other 1-0 then we're in trouble.

It's a tricky balancing act, especially as we're playing first. If we manage to get in front we absolutely have to hang onto the lead but, at the same time, could really do with extra goals to exert even more pressure.

Having said that, I'd take a 1-0 win tomorrow in a heartbeat if you offered it to me now.

The odds would be in our favour for a goal swing but it isn't automatic. If they win one game 4-0 and lose the other 1-0 then we're in trouble.

It's a tricky balancing act, especially as we're playing first. If we manage to get in front we absolutely have to hang onto the lead but, at the same time, could really do with extra goals to exert even more pressure.

Having said that, I'd take a 1-0 win tomorrow in a heartbeat if you offered it to me now.
Love the fact that we're playing first. Get the 3 points and the pressure really weighs heavily on watford.

Anyone looking at the betting shop angle.. might see Villa as favourites to pip the Cherries and send Watford with us....

.. they will beat Arsenal for sure...... with Wham at Clacton beach on the 26th.

Anyone looking at the betting shop angle.. might see Villa as favourites to pip the Cherries and send Watford with us....

.. they will beat Arsenal for sure...... with Wham at Clacton beach on the 26th.
Ironic, if that were the case, that it would be the three teams that came up together from the championship in the same season and then go down together. Not forgetting that Norwich have been down and back up since. Hope that doesn't happen and we manage what was seemingly the impossible a week or two ago. Come on lads, you CAN DO THIS.
UTCIAD

The green shoots started against ManUnited, a couple of goals and a hair away from making it 3-3 until they pulled away. Good draw against the talented Spurs, could have easily been a win in the last few minutes. Bizzaro stretch against Leicester, but we had them running all over the place leading up to Dom's second. And we had ManCity against the wall in the final ten minutes, it was amazing watching them hanging on to see out the win.

Confidence should be high. Staying away from a sloppy first ten minutes and then a pressing attack to get an early goal is the dream. We have been hearing/saying all year that this is a talented team "on paper". It is starting to show up when we need it most.

With the extended squad and the extra substitutions, I would have Ake on the bench even if his chances for tomorrow are slight. He will be raring to go against Everton.

UTCIAD.

As the game gets closer...I've decided I'm not going to get overly stressed or down about anything that might go wrong...

...because so many things have gone to Ratsh*t this Seaso ....none of it the fault of us fans....most of us have been very Positive most of the time...and backed Eddie and the players despite having reservations about how things are managed and implemented.

Stay Calm - our inquests won't cut much ice anyways ...you can't dog a flogged horse .

;