AFC Bournemouth v Southampton

Not really sure how you’re managing to both argue and agree with what I’ve said.
DJ I agree that in most people's understanding a game between two clubs less than 30 miles apart can be considered a derby I just don't get what this definition of "area" even if you can define it has got anything to do with it.
Edited to add: I am just being pedantic, it has nothing to do with any definition of area it is proximity that matters.

DJ I agree that in most people's understanding a game between two clubs less than 30 miles apart can be considered a derby I just don't get what this definition of "area" even if you can define it has got anything to do with it.

So it’s purely the word “area” that you’re taking issue with?

I agree the word “area” doesn’t have a defined measurement, but I think that’s the point isn’t it? Cardiff have a Derby with Swansea, but they’re “closer” to Bristol City. If the “area” wasn’t defined as Wales would it be a Derby?

So it’s purely the word “area” that you’re taking issue with?

I agree the word “area” doesn’t have a defined measurement, but I think that’s the point isn’t it? Cardiff have a Derby with Swansea, but they’re “closer” to Bristol City. If the “area” wasn’t defined as Wales would it be a Derby?
Yes

Ok, sure. It's a derby, but not a rivalry. In which case the derby still needs a name.

I vote for 'The Why Do All The Trains To London From Bournemouth Have To Stop In Bloody Southampton Rather Than Actually Being Properly Fast Trains And So End Up Taking Bloody Forever Derby'.

Snappy.

You could add Brockenhurst as another mandatory stop. And that is written in law.
A very old law, which has never been repealed, which was part of the agreement when the lord of the manor sold the land to the Railways Board.

You could add Brockenhurst as another mandatory stop. And that is written in law.
A very old law, which has never been repealed, which was part of the agreement when the lord of the manor sold the land to the Railways Board.

A year or so after the electric trains took over in 1967 the fast trains (90mph official max) stopped at Southampton Central and Waterloo only with hourly xx.40 departures for a 100 minute journey. I think Soton was the only stop for the two hour steam expresses before electrification work slowed and altered the timetables.

The hourly electric semi-fast service covered Christchurch (I think), Brockenhurst, Soton, Winchester, B'stoke and Woking. No Soton Airport or Clapham stops in those days. There was also an hourly stopper between Bmth and Soton.

As line speeds (100mph West Byfleet area to Winchester), longer distance commuting and the population of intermediate towns increased, more stops were added with relatively small time penalties. Apparently the maximum 'official' speed you can get out of our third rail system is 100mph so 125mph running and faster W'loo-Bmth times are very unlikely.

I think Poole has always been a mandatory stop.

Hoping to see us attack more tonight. I keep saying this, but it feels like a pivotal night in GO's job application. The setup and performance is as important as the result in understanding his vision.

Unchanged line up. Let's hope it's more first half v Fulham than second half.

;