AFC Bournemouth v Spurs - Saturday 12.30 pm

billythekid

UTC Legend
Two New Managers Who Like To Play Attacking Football

The Cherries took an early lead at Anfield with a good strike from Antoine Semenyo, despite having a goal a bit earlier ruled out with Jaidon Anthony just offside. Liverpool came back and scored two goals before half-time (one a penalty). They had a player sent off in the second half and instead of being at a disadvantage, it worked in the home teams favour, scoring a third, making the final score 3-1. It was a much more respectable result than last season.

Our next game is at Dean Court on Saturday, at the earlier time of 12.30 pm and it’s live on TNT Sports (BT), our opponents are Spurs. Last season against Spurs home and away there were 10 goals scored, 5 goals for both sides over the two games. This time with both teams with a new manager this season and both like to play attacking football, we could be in for a treat.

Spurs new manager is Angelos Postecoglou, he replaced Antonio Conte who left Spurs in March last season by mutual consent. Postecoglou was born in Greece, but his family emigrated to Australia when he was five years old and settled in Melbourne. Angelos Postecoglou moved to Spurs from Celtic where he was a successful manager, winning the Scottish treble. Amongst other managerial appointments was the Australian national team (the Socceroos). He is the first Australian manager in the history of the Premier League.

His side had a good start in the league, drawing away 2-2 at Brentford. In his first home game on Saturday, his side came up against Manchester United which was live on Sky. Spurs played attacking football, using their wingers to good effect and were rewarded with a convincing 2-0 win. As the season progresses it will be interesting to see if or how much they miss Harry Kane, who scored 30 of Spurs 70 goals in the Premier League last season. After playing the full game for Spurs, new signing James Maddison was seen leaving the ground on crutches and in a protective boot.

They have made seven new signings so far. Defender Micky van de Ven from Wolfsburg for £43 million, midfielder James Maddison from Leicester City for £40 million, defender Pedro Porro from Sporting for £39 million, midfielder Dejan Kulusevski from Juventus for £25.6 million, goalkeeper Guglielmo Vicario from Empoli for £17.2 million, defender Ashley Phillips from Blackburn Rovers for an undisclosed fee and winger Manor Solomon from Shakhtar Donetsk on a free transfer.

The last time our two sides met at Dean Court was last October. The Cherries took the lead through Kieffer Moore half way through the first half, he put away a cross from Marcus Tavernier, for the only goal of the first half. Nine minutes into the second half, Moore playing in place of the injured Dominic Solanke added his second with a header from an Adam Smith cross. Spurs hit back eight minutes later with Ryan Sessegnon the scorer. Two further goals came from our weakness at defending set-pieces, the first from Ben Davies with a header and later with two minutes of injury time played, Rodrigo Bentancur fired home the winning goal.

In all our home games against Spurs, AFCB have W 1, D 2, L 3.
All competitions, AFCB have W 3, D 2, L 8.

AFCB Team News
Alex Scott, Dango Ouattara, Marcus Tavernier,Ryan Fredericks, Adam Smith, Lewis Cook, Emilio Marcondes and new signing Tyler Adams are all on the injury list

AFCB Player To Watch
Two players I don’t think we have seen the best from are Antoine Semenyo, looked very lively and not easy to brush off the ball when he came on as a substitute at Dean Court against West Ham. At Anfield he showed the same power and pace and took his goal well giving the keeper no chance. The other player is Hamed Traore, looked tricky at Anfield when he came on as a substitute and went very close to scoring.

Spurs Team News
Ryan Sessegnon, Rodrigo Bentancur, Bryan Gill, Alfie Whiteman and now James Maddison are all on the injury list.

Spurs Player To Watch
Second highest scorer last season with 10 goals was Son Heung-Min with 10 goals and 6 assists. Yves Bissouma has had two good opening games for Spurs. Player that hit the eye against Manchester United, was 20-year-old Pape Sarr, he was lively for Spurs and scored a good opportunist opening goal.

The Referee
Tim Robinson is in charge of this game. We had him for our FA Cup home game against Burnley last season.

Think this time it might just be possible!

Anything is still possible in this galaxy...

giphy.gif

Unfortunately, and I stress unfortunately, I can see us slipping up again. This is due to having injuries to key players i.e. Cook, Ouattara (Django), Scott, Adams, Tavernier and Smith. Again, unfortunately, you don't win football matches with key players sat in the main stand.

However, I would love to be proved wrong.

Unfortunately, and I stress unfortunately, I can see us slipping up again. This is due to having injuries to key players i.e. Cook, Ouattara (Django), Scott, Adams, Tavernier and Smith. Again, unfortunately, you don't win football matches with key players sat in the main stand.

I wouldn't be surprised if we get 1 or 2 back for this game.

I wouldn't be surprised if we get 1 or 2 back for this game.

Weren't Smith and Cook being assessed game to game, which would suggest there's a reasonable possibility of one or the other being available.

Right now, Cook would probably go straight into the XI and unshuffle some of the changes we've been forced to make, but if Smith was also an option it would make the bench much stronger.

AFCB Team News
Alex Scott, Dango Ouattara, Marcus Tavernier, Ryan Fredericks, Adam Smith, Lewis Cook, Emilio Marcondes and new signing Tyler Adams are all on the injury list
Makes you think a bit when you see '6' players that could be pushing for a start on the physio's table so early in the season... We could have a very decent team this year... makes you just ever so slightly excited...

Change the fecking record !!! :rolleyes:

Unfortunately, it is a record that will keep playing until we get a full strength side on the pitch and we have stopped dropping points as a result of having player out injured. The record is entitles 'Injuries Ballad' by the band called Reality and Realism.
Why do you feel you need to make the same (lame) point over and over again? We get it !! Don't you have any other points to make?...No?..thought not !! Your just a one trick pony, with one very dull trick. Yawn !!

I remember having some Spurs fans next to us last season, and their smug faces at the end still live with me so I’d love to win this one.

;