AFC Bournemouth v Swansea City

Here's the xG timeline. I listened on the radio and the first 15 mins or so, was sounding ominous, although during this period, as throughout the match, Swansea didn't create a clear chance (all rated < 1 in 14) despite them having the majority of possession. The game's first real chance was put away by Solanke (41%) and just before halftime Sky commentary reports that Billing 'misses to the right' from 'very close range'. It's not on the extended highlights so I haven't seen it, but was rated as a good chance (45%).

Straight after halftime we went two-up, (57%) which ignores the excellent work Solanke did to make contact in mid-air. At 64 mins it was game over Christie's initial shot being assessed as evens, with Anthony's goal just over 1 in 3. Things quietened down clear cut chances wise, even if red cards were sounding likely, with only Billing's effort before a manic added-on time period. The shot was rated 3 in 10 but if he'd squared it, Dom should have been celebrating a hattrick as it was a tap in, with no keeper. In added on time Cook had a chance that he couldn't get enough on, (2 in 5) and Anthony scored (9 in 20).

This was our highest xG total this season, and the biggest xG difference between the two teams playing. A good way to reset confidence before the international break.

View attachment 6659
No surprise to see Swansea's xg so low..... don't think any team we've played this season have been that toothless tbh.

Here's the xG timeline. I listened on the radio and the first 15 mins or so, was sounding ominous, although during this period, as throughout the match, Swansea didn't create a clear chance (all rated < 1 in 14) despite them having the majority of possession. The game's first real chance was put away by Solanke (41%) and just before halftime Sky commentary reports that Billing 'misses to the right' from 'very close range'. It's not on the extended highlights so I haven't seen it, but was rated as a good chance (45%).

Straight after halftime we went two-up, (57%) which ignores the excellent work Solanke did to make contact in mid-air. At 64 mins it was game over Christie's initial shot being assessed as evens, with Anthony's goal just over 1 in 3. Things quietened down clear cut chances wise, even if red cards were sounding likely, with only Billing's effort before a manic added-on time period. The shot was rated 3 in 10 but if he'd squared it, Dom should have been celebrating a hattrick as it was a tap in, with no keeper. In added on time Cook had a chance that he couldn't get enough on, (2 in 5) and Anthony scored (9 in 20).

This was our highest xG total this season, and the biggest xG difference between the two teams playing. A good way to reset confidence before the international break.

View attachment 6659
More evidence to enter into the record for the “this game was not even close”

The one thing that surprised me most from Swansea wasn't the quality football they played at times (they often do that), but the fact they seemed so happy to waste time on every throw in and free kick while losing.

It was even weirder some of our fans seem to moan about it!

I like most of the North East. Good times in Hartlepool and Newcastle, Middlesbrough is meh.

I like most of Lancashire. Manchester is a great city, Burnley not so.

I like Birmingham. Stuck in the 80's, fortunately I love the music from that era.

I like Wiltshire (except Swinedon).

I dislike Yorkshire. All of it.

I like Devon, Somerset and Cornwall.

I like most of the North East. Good times in Hartlepool and Newcastle, Middlesbrough is meh.

I like most of Lancashire. Manchester is a great city, Burnley not so.

I like Birmingham. Stuck in the 80's, fortunately I love the music from that era.

I like Wiltshire (except Swinedon).

I dislike Yorkshire. All of it.

I like Devon, Somerset and Cornwall.

u weirdo!

u weirdo!
Get out of Wimborne more often and you might get an opinion slightly more than just calling someone a weirdo just because they don't share your views on somewhere or something.

I've been to and seen more in this Country than you can dream of.

Referees get stick in almost every game these days....obviously mainly by a losing team...but over a season the injustices tend to balance out.
We scored 4 times....the ref booked players on both teams after bouts of handbags and manbags...at best, the refs performance only warrants a brief mention as fans are leaving the ground..then later in the week its time to prepare a script to denigrate the next poor tw@t before he packs his whistle..based on " oh f√ck not him again "...." he robbed us of 3 points against Real Gillingham in Nineteen Ninety Squat."
Its pathetic...when you consider the, what we term, 'sh*thousery'...that abides in every game...to castigate referees incessantly every week...even when weve cruised a result.

Referees get stick in almost every game these days....obviously mainly by a losing team...but over a season the injustices tend to balance out.
We scored 4 times....the ref booked players on both teams after bouts of handbags and manbags...at best, the refs performance only warrants a brief mention as fans are leaving the ground..then later in the week its time to prepare a script to denigrate the next poor tw@t before he packs his whistle..based on " oh f√ck not him again "...." he robbed us of 3 points against Real Gillingham in Nineteen Ninety Squat.
Its pathetic...when you consider the, what we term, 'sh*thousery'...that abides in every game...to castigate referees incessantly every week...even when weve cruised a result.

The point is the referee has to keep control and Scott Parker came on the pitch to try and quieten things down between the players, it was lucky nobody saw a red card, which would have spoilt a good game of football.

;