AFC Bournemouth v Swansea City

I don't know why people are jumping on the messenger, merely relating the fact that a Sky football pundit says the game (especially second half ) was close ,when it obviously wasn't.

Voted for Solanke, for that second goal, what a finish.

Also thinking back a few seasons, not sure he would have attempted that, just shows how he has grown in confidence and form as a player.

Swansea manager thought they should have had a penalty, but didn’t mention about the pull back on one of our players at the other end.

Both could easily have been penalties, the first of course could have changed the game, which is why their manager and fans are also displeased with the referee.

It's not often you get both sets of fans bemoaning the referee, especially when one side has won 4-0, but he was woeful.

Just watched the extended highlights on AFCBTV and there is one hilarious clip at 1.00 minute in when Solanke is physically pinned to the floor by Manning who basically deliberately uses the full weight of his body to stop Solanke get up and get in action again. Could and probably should have had a pen for that. There was also a blatant handball by a Swansea defender in the second half when trying to control the ball, as well as the blindingly obvious pull back incident. Swansea weren't hard done by they were lucky the ref was crap.
https://www.afcb.co.uk/videos/20212...c-bournemouth-4-0-swansea-city/?autoplay=true

Both could easily have been penalties, the first of course could have changed the game, which is why their manager and fans are also displeased with the referee.

It's not often you get both sets of fans bemoaning the referee, especially when one side has won 4-0, but he was woeful.

When they had that ‘melee’ near the dugout, was surprised to see Scott Parker on the pitch as well. He did say he had forgotten himself for a moment, not sure if the ref had a word with him or not for coming onto field of play.

Looking at Swanseas shout for a pen I have certainly seen them given, but slowing it down I think rather than Davis clipping him I think the forward actually trod on Davis foot and lost his balance. Davis certainly pulled back from the challenge,

Looking at Swanseas shout for a pen I have certainly seen them given, but slowing it down I think rather than Davis clipping him I think the forward actually trod on Davis foot and lost his balance. Davis certainly pulled back from the challenge,
It wouldn’t surprise me, I haven’t seen a good angle but they did fall over every time the wind changed.

I don’t think it was a Swansea pen but would not have been surprised if it was given, as has been said, Davis was making a very concerted effort to pull out of the challenge. Maybe refs might be more inclined to give Swansea these kinds of calls if they weren’t throwing themselves theatrically to the floor at ever opportunity.

I also think the fact hardly any Swansea player made a fuss of it at the time, suggests they didn't really think it was a pen either.

Who was jumping on the messenger?
Agreeing with the comment being ridiculous

Yep. The perils on written communication.
Voted for Solanke, for that second goal, what a finish.

Also thinking back a few seasons, not sure he would have attempted that, just shows how he has grown in confidence and form as a player.

I went for Anthony because he had a hand in teo of the goals and scored the other two. Great to see him scoring. To be honest, though, they all played so well. Very glad Solanke didn't see red. Absolutely appalling how the Swansea players were trying to get him sent off. This is Solanke too. Hardly the most volatile player around.

He would be great in the PL, just let VAR correct everything he gives !!!!

Awful ref, yet again. Where are they training them? Only good thing is he wasn't taken in by Swansea's attempts to get Dom red carded.

Here's the xG timeline. I listened on the radio and the first 15 mins or so, was sounding ominous, although during this period, as throughout the match, Swansea didn't create a clear chance (all rated < 1 in 14) despite them having the majority of possession. The game's first real chance was put away by Solanke (41%) and just before halftime Sky commentary reports that Billing 'misses to the right' from 'very close range'. It's not on the extended highlights so I haven't seen it, but was rated as a good chance (45%).

Straight after halftime we went two-up, (57%) which ignores the excellent work Solanke did to make contact in mid-air. At 64 mins it was game over Christie's initial shot being assessed as evens, with Anthony's goal just over 1 in 3. Things quietened down clear cut chances wise, even if red cards were sounding likely, with only Billing's effort before a manic added-on time period. The shot was rated 3 in 10 but if he'd squared it, Dom should have been celebrating a hattrick as it was a tap in, with no keeper. In added on time Cook had a chance that he couldn't get enough on, (2 in 5) and Anthony scored (9 in 20).

This was our highest xG total this season, and the biggest xG difference between the two teams playing. A good way to reset confidence before the international break.

Swansea.JPG

;