AFC Bournemouth v Watford

Top player , a real leader and motivator....

I think he Is more liked in someways by opposing fans than some of our own who think he is past it etc.

Which might be true in some aspects but like you say gets the best out of others.

And well the alternatives are Andre "cannot trap a ball Gray" or Isaac "fall over at all time" Success!

As for Pereyra - yes he is a good player but does drift out of games and can get frustrated.

We have had 3 players sent off albeit one rescinded in the last 3 games so probably a good chance of another one!

I think he Is more liked in someways by opposing fans than some of our own who think he is past it etc.

Which might be true in some aspects but like you say gets the best out of others.

And well the alternatives are Andre "cannot trap a ball Gray" or Isaac "fall over at all time" Success!

As for Pereyra - yes he is a good player but does drift out of games and can get frustrated.

We have had 3 players sent off albeit one rescinded in the last 3 games so probably a good chance of another one!
Could the 3 recent sendings off be a result of having your warrior back?

Burnley beat us by kicking the s**t out of us very effectively, whilst managing to just about stay short of red cards.

Whereas our only recent league results came against Man Utd, Arsenal, and Chelsea, who want to play pretty football.

If there's a way to play against us, it isn't always about lovely technical football. Deeney will serve you very well I fear. We'll need to bring both our technical game and our battling aggressive side, which we haven't seen in a while.

In some ways Deeney has been to Watford what the Big Man was to us.

Long time servants to their club and both players real handfuls on the pitch, creating chances for other players.

Deeney obviously has been more of a goal scorer for Watford than the Big Man for us and is playing in the top league.

Could the 3 recent sendings off be a result of having your warrior back?

Not sure as such because 2 were defenders sent off as either as the last man (after VAR overturned the original yellow card decision..) or for 2 bookings.

Pereyra was sent off for a supposed kick out against a Tranmere player late on but that got rescinded making the ref and VAR official look a bit silly!

Certainly Deeney does lead the line physically and no doubt Pearson has told us to up the work rate putting pressure on opposition.

3 of the games have been at home so be interesting to see if they can do the same in an away game.

Probably helped we took the lead in the last 4 games - something to hold onto and build confidence.

I know Capoue in particular does like the odd niggle and professional foul though.

Partucuarly when we play Palace and Zaha for some reason!

Not sure as such because 2 were defenders sent off as either as the last man (after VAR overturned the original yellow card decision..) or for 2 bookings.

Pereyra was sent off for a supposed kick out against a Tranmere player late on but that got rescinded making the ref and VAR official look a bit silly!

Certainly Deeney does lead the line physically and no doubt Pearson has told us to up the work rate putting pressure on opposition.

3 of the games have been at home so be interesting to see if they can do the same in an away game.

Probably helped we took the lead in the last 4 games - something to hold onto and build confidence.

I know Capoue in particular does like the odd niggle and professional foul though.

Ah ok thanks. Just wondering ! I’m sure he does lead the line and there’s certainly more bite to the team recently and better results. To have got results when down to 10 says it all. Let’s hope for a good game this weekend. Certainly will be interesting. I think you’ve got it down for a draw. I’m going for 4-1 !

...I would like to think that we can overcome a spirited Watford side at DC, in the survival interests and the greater good for the season Eddie and the boys should be well up for the next few matches...I am expecting points to be achieved from the team!

We have to Win ....simply because if we dont, we stay in the Drop- Zone...and the pressure increases game by game to win one. If we dont get any more points we are down.
My New Year resolution is to stop my somewhat tame. ' telling it as it is'. stuff..

.....and move into a more choleric ' telling it as it should be' phase ! Answers will be coming your way ! That is my 2020 Vision Statement.

It’s funny but most of our games are fairly good natured except when we play palace (esp Zaha), Burnley and Watford when they tend to become very feisty matches!

Hi Matk (y) .....is it possible that Watford could start the match with the same back line that finished the game against Tranmere?..Tia.

....I would rather Burnley went down than any other side at the moment...for their roughing up tactics,sly time wasting,play acting...and probably just because they have Barnes in their team who is a despicable human being on the pitch...if Deeney is the positive side of lifting his team mates then Barnes is the negative side IMO..

...also Nigel Pearson seems a real old fashion grafter of a manager who only really concentrates on his team and not the constant moaner that is Dyche who moans on and on about the opposition sides who have spent more money and don't have to make their players cycle to away matches etc...

We have to Win ....simply because if we dont, we stay in the Drop- Zone...and the pressure increases game by game to win one. If we dont get any more points we are down.
My New Year resolution is to stop my somewhat tame. ' telling it as it is'. stuff..

.....and move into a more choleric ' telling it as it should be' phase ! Answers will be coming your way ! That is my 2020 Vision Statement.
Agree if we don't win our next 2 games we are Championship!

Well Mariappa and Dawson will probably start so play anyone quick or tall!
Thanks.....do you know for sure that Deeney is available?....I've heard that they're holding auditions for the new The Hills Have Eyes film in the Watford area at the weekend!.......... he'll obviously face plenty of opposition though......:grinning:

;