AFC Bournemouth v West Brom

The writ
Not feeling optimistic at all, went into the sheff Utd game as the season opener 2 years ago thought we would win and it was a disappointing 1-1, thought last season we would comfortably beat Blackburn in the opener, edged it 3-2.
Fridays game i’m not hopeful; for me too many players out injured and a lack of signings in key areas (CB, Striker, Keeper). At the same time my im happy to see the likes of Kilkenny, Travers, Rossi, Anthony given ago though so it’s catch 22.

Feel it could be a really long season. Of course I’d love to be proved wrong.

The writing was on the wall with that Sheff Utd performance….

I agree with others on here that the “ SP Project “ in reality is probably to rebuild our squad and to compete at the top of the Championship but perhaps not an immediate return to the PL ?

Anyone willing to post a predicted team for tonight. Difficult to judge with injuries and transfer speculation but presumably Travers, Smith,Kelly, Mepham,Brooks, Billing,Solanke, Stanislas,Kilkenny all likely to start with the rest from our youngsters.

It will certainly be a different side compared to what we're used to seeing.
But a nice mix of youngsters and regulars from last season.

I have no reason to think that we'll be much worse off than last season and genuinely believe that the injured players will probably have to work hard to earn back their places in the starting eleven when they return.

I think we can win this one. A lot depends on Travers and Solanke.

If Travers puts in an assured display and Solanke takes his chances, with possible further goals coming from midfield, we stand a decent chance. A win would certainly be good for moral but bearing in mind the makeshift nature of the team, a defeat wouldn't be indicative of too much either.

Early days still, possible new signings to come in etc.

Good luck you Cherries !!!
:utc::utc::utc:

;