AFC Bournemouth v West Brom

West Brom SHOULD win this one. They have the strength in squad to pose us too many issues and I expect us to go down to a 2 or 3 goal defeat. BUT.....If we somehow go out there and perform and get a draw or even a win, it will be a massive marker for this season. With so many young players, lets hope there is more hunger than we started last season with.

Yes, it makes you wonder why we haven't strengthened as most others have, a couple of heavy defeats could knock the confidence out of the team, but I'm sure it won't come to that.

Just a quick one - is there any covid rules when attending the game tonight like for the limited attendance December games or is it back to normal?

West Brom SHOULD win this one. They have the strength in squad to pose us too many issues and I expect us to go down to a 2 or 3 goal defeat. BUT.....If we somehow go out there and perform and get a draw or even a win, it will be a massive marker for this season. With so many young players, lets hope there is more hunger than we started last season with.
If we do, we do .
We will be getting in a few more players before the window shuts plus the injuries we currently have .
Let’s just hope if we don’t get a positive result there isn’t a massive meltdown on here .

Anyone willing to post a predicted team for tonight. Difficult to judge with injuries and transfer speculation but presumably Travers, Smith,Kelly, Mepham,Brooks, Billing,Solanke, Stanislas,Kilkenny all likely to start with the rest from our youngsters.

2 or 3 goal defeat... you're feeling optimistic today, Drus the Legend:) I like your 'But'. Hopefully, we can use the home advantage and get 3 points. I read somewhere that they will be without 2-3 of their key players as well so that might help us a bit...

Tactically it's going to be a fascinating game....we saw how to beat a Ismael side last season when we matched them up formation wise and beat their press by playing intelligent balls behind their advanced wing backs in a our 4-0 win at their place under JT....we also saw how not to do it under Woodgate who decided to just lump the ball forward at every opportunity.

I don't think Parker can play his normal game as asking a young keeper and CB to pass it out under a fierce press is a recipe for disaster..... it's not even like Kelly is that comfortable doing it either......not a good time to play them in regards to how many players we have missing but they haven't had the time to fully grasp Ismael's system which is completely different to how they've been playing....... going from a side that sat off teams in the PL to now trying to be in their opponents faces is going to take a while to get the hang off....as such West Brom might not actually start the season that well.

Anyway if Scotty plays the kids and we lose he'll get no criticism from me .

2 or 3 goal defeat... you're feeling optimistic today, Drus the Legend:) I like your 'But'. Hopefully, we can use the home advantage and get 3 points. I read somewhere that they will be without 2-3 of their key players as well so that might help us a bit...

I think its a bit of realism...Im very hopeful tonight, we have some great young players but as TF said above, if they try their best and lose then thats all you can ask.

What I REALLY dont want to see is a lack of team ethos...a goal and a team celebration will be the perfect foundation to build from.

;