AFC Bournemouth v West Ham

Evening Standard

Bournemouth still have five first-team players out, with Dan Gosling and David Brooks the closest to fitness with returns pencilled in for three weeks' time.

Charlie Daniels, Adam Smith and Junior Stanislas are also out.

West Ham will give Manuel Lanzini, Winston Reid and Ryan Fredericks all late assessments ahead of the game. Michail Antonio is definitely out.

https://www.standard.co.uk/sport/fo...s-premier-league-201920-preview-a4247701.html

I agree with wallmth should be a bloody good test for both teams and a cracking hard paced game.

Both teams in prime form in the league but both humiliated midweek.

A high scoring draw is my guess - but I’m usually wrong with AFCB predictions.

Teams will now have a couple of PL games worth of footage to have watched Stacey now and so I expect them to target him in this game if he starts.

I've said I rate him and think there is a PL player in there but he looks a little raw at times. Any opposition scout will be all over that and so he should be ready to see a lot of the ball in defensive positions.

I'm not quite sure what they would have made of Rico but it's still his position to lose right now.

If Danjuma really was a bright spark in his cameo the other night then expect him on the bench. He sounded like the only player to come out of the game with any credit.

Assuming Adam Smith really isn't anywhere near fit then I think the only decision EH has to make is whether King plays wide or up front and who takes the place he leaves vacant.

The general ridiculousness of the world today can be seen by West Ham fans there discussing, in all seriousness, how they expect a match against AFCB to be a sterner test than their game against Man Utd.

There's only one reasonable explanation. I must have chosen the blue pill.

They haven’t forgotten! :grinning:

We don't like playing this lot normally so I'd be very happy with a draw here.

At least with VAR now in operation, Wilson won't be able to put the ball in with his hand again....we hope!?

They haven’t forgotten! :grinning:

We don't like playing this lot normally so I'd be very happy with a draw here.

At least with VAR now in operation, Wilson won't be able to put the ball in with his hand again....we hope!?
At least there are no “ billy big club “ comments on there assuming they just have to turn up and win ....
Can’t make tomorrow- Family Birthday dinner !
We are all AFCB though so will be keeping our phones on for the updates ....

At least there are no “ billy big club “ comments on there assuming they just have to turn up and win ....
Can’t make tomorrow- Family Birthday dinner !
We are all AFCB though so will be keeping our phones on for the updates ....

You should have had it at the club.

Enjoy the dinner.

The general ridiculousness of the world today can be seen by West Ham fans there discussing, in all seriousness, how they expect a match against AFCB to be a sterner test than their game against Man Utd.

There's only one reasonable explanation. I must have chosen the blue pill.

If you have taken the blue pill don’t waste any time watching football.... get that Barry White album on and start lighting candles...

Send us all pics! :bounce:

I've always felt there's a sort of kinship between ourselves and West Ham, going right back to the early 70s. I lived in Essex for many years and most of my neighbours were Hammers fans. All genuine people, no silly airs and graces like Chelsea/Arsenal, etc.

A very likeable lot.

We have a very big connection with West Ham.

West Ham always played entertaining football and since the John Bond days our club did the same.

Here are a number of names that links our clubs.

Think from a quick look Matt Holland is one missed from the list. Plus Ken Brown and Mel Machin.

A decent number of players have turned out for both West Ham United and Bournemouth. Ex-Bournemouth loanee Jack Wilshere is now at West Ham; Jermain Defoe (currently on loan at Rangers) and Hammers Academy product Junior Stanislas are currently on Bournemouth’s books while Carl Fletcher played for both clubs and is currently youth team manager with the Cherries. Ex-Bournemouth midfielder Paul Mitchell, who made one league appearance for the Hammers in 1994, is back with the Cherries as a correspondent for Opta Sports. Other players to have appeared for both clubs include:

Goalkeepers: David James, Stephen Henderson and Marek Stech.

Defenders: Everald La Ronde, Bill Kitchener, Rio Ferdinand, Reg Parker, Keith Miller, Keith Rowland, Elliott Ward, Bobby Howe and Horace Glover.

Midfielders: Trevor Hartley, Ian Bishop, Bobby Barnes, Tommy Southren, Jimmy Neighbour, Emmanuel Omoyinmi, Tony Scott, Anthony Edgar, Scott Mean, Matty Holmes, Dale Gordon, Jack Collison and Patsy Holland.

Strikers: Nicky Morgan, John Arnott, Mark Watson, Zavon Hines, Steve Jones and Ted MacDougall.

Former Hammers player John Bond went on to manage Bournemouth, while Harry Redknapp played for and managed both clubs. Jimmy Quinn played for both clubs and also managed the Cherries.

https://www.westhamtillidie.com/posts/2019/09/27/match-preview-bournemouth-v-west-ham

One of the Great Clubs of the World...certainly of England..way in front of anything in the North West or the crap in North London... West Ham...purveyors of attacking football..and weve beaten them before..!
THE Top PL Fixture...Bournemouth and Boscombe Athletic FC v West Ham Utd 3 - 1 !

;