AFC Bournemouth v West Ham

That West Ham forum is extraordinary: the people posting actually seem to watch football and know something about it. Not the usual stereotypes and assumptions. :clap:

Have to say I never thought that we would ever be (accurately IMHO) described as: “Big ugly blokes. Practitioners of the dark arts. No chance of winning this one.” Perhaps it is tempting fate to say so, but Eddie and his crap coaching/recruitment staff do seem to have put together a big tough, skilful and well organised machine for winning games.

Really looking forward to tomorrow’s game against a very good West Ham team.

Phil Brignull ?

David they missed his name out in bit I put up, but if you read the article below the list of players, they have a special bit about him.

Harry Redknapp feared his managerial career would not go beyond his first match on December 18 1982. He was caretaker at Bournemouth and they lost 9-0 to Lincoln City, a club record defeat.

Phil Brignull, an ever-present in the Bournemouth defence that season, recalled: "Lincoln were a good side - near the top of the league - but the funny thing was that we played fantastically in the first half. We were 1-0 down but I scored an own-goal just before half-time - I didn't hear the keeper shout and I clipped the ball over him. In the second half we fell apart. It was an icy day and they came running out in AstroTurf boots and we couldn't stand up. After the game Harry was asked if he was disappointed and apparently he just said, 'Yes, I thought the seventh goal was offside'. He was great fun to play with and he went on to put together the best side Bournemouth ever had."

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2007/jan/13/newsstory.sport5

Also in the team that beat Manchester United under Harry R.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/f...ders-Manchester-United-out-of-the-FA-Cup.html

Last edited:
Im off to Liskeard v Penzance with another Cherry exile......just the results service online today for me.... plus Tea and a Pasty ! ... bit of a come down from Friday....Beer and a Pasting!
But West Ham at DC is Big. . and some of their fans bigging US up on their Forum. Its where we are im afraid.! itll do fine as a derby too! Who needs any 'local' derbies now....if the piglets hide in the Sty !
London is providing some cracking games for us . even Watford.

Meanwhile down here ..our games are virtually all derbies..we got beat 6-2 at Falmouth in the week..

But my spirit is at DC hovering around where the ' old South end behind the goal' is now...somewhere along the present main stand..

:utc: 3-1 again ..hatrick!

Sulking, I reckon. Danjuma has come in, and Ryan can see the writing on the wall.

That Top 6 team just disappeared over the horizon.

;