AFC Bournemouth v Wolves

It's a blessing in disguise that Cook misses the next 3 games.

He is worse than rank average at PL level, despite his fanboys (and there are many on here) protestations.

He cost us the game today, make no bones about it.

Against Burnley we should have 2 holding midfielders, Senesi and Rothwell with a back 4 of Aaron's Zabarni, Mepham, Kelly and Kerzez.

Midfield we have to start Outtara, Kleivert, Scott, Billing, Brooks an Sinisteria.

Up top, Semenyo, Moore and Solanke.

It's our only hope, if we want to get something out of the game.
We might get a result with 16 on the pitch!

As bad as yesterday felt....I think it's a bit early to be calling it relegation certainty. We had people doing that in spring this year. Mostly the same people on here who struggle to read a game but they still did it nevertheless.

Let's keep fighting...we do have some good players. It's about playing them the right way. Not leaving the gaps we saw yesterday and when we press, we do so effectively and against the right teams.

I don't care what people on here say, no one is going to tell me that Aarans, Smith, Kerkez, Senesi, Cook, Solanke, Brooks, Taverner, Billing, Adams are not premier league quality. We have players, if they are played to their strengths then we can get results. It's been a tough period but let's hope Billy Ocean was correct.

There are still more than enough games left to avoid relegation if Bill acts quickly and gets a coherent manager in place. He'll have to admit the experiment hasn't worked.
Yes Hughes and Francis should be sacked as well for their failures and this will be essential as no manager worth their salt will work under the current set up. That's why we've had a string of managers who are not who anyone would have handpicked, Tindall, Woodgate, Parker, O'Neil and Andoni anyone? Not one apart from Neil had mentioned the latter and although I've never been an advocate of the Watford way of sacking manager's, I cannot bear to watch a team that is unable to do the basics, something they could do last season but under Andoni look like they have already accepted their fate in this division. This experiment needs to be stopped now before it gets anymore embarrassing.
I think you're being a tad optimistic in thinking any manager "worth his salt" would want to come to Afcb if they sacked AI. Where's the appeal? 5 managers sacked, an unbalanced squad, a real danger of relegation and another sacking. Obviously there are people who'd come for the pay off but would they be any better than AI? Imo he needs to be given time and in January he needs a decent DM, a GK who's worth more than £2.5million and reliable LB cover.

I think you're being a tad optimistic in thinking any manager "worth his salt" would want to come to Afcb if they sacked AI. Where's the appeal? 5 managers sacked, an unbalanced squad, a real danger of relegation and another sacking. Obviously there are people who'd come for the pay off but would they be any better than AI? Imo he needs to be given time and in January he needs a decent DM, a GK who's worth more than £2.5million and reliable LB cover.

The appeal might be that failure results in a huge pay off?

There are still more than enough games left to avoid relegation if Bill acts quickly and gets a coherent manager in place. He'll have to admit the experiment hasn't worked.
Yes Hughes and Francis should be sacked as well for their failures and this will be essential as no manager worth their salt will work under the current set up. That's why we've had a string of managers who are not who anyone would have handpicked, Tindall, Woodgate, Parker, O'Neil and Andoni anyone?

Criticism of Woodgate and to include him in that list is very harsh IMHO.

His playing career included Real Madrid and England, so I would imagine that some people could argue that he was doing us a favour by agreeing to manage little old tin pot Boscombe lol!

Shoot me down all you want, but I'd have Woodgate back in the blink of an eye in our current situation. At least with his playing career background he would (or should have) the respect of the players.

His playing career included Real Madrid and England, so I would imagine that some people could argue that he was doing us a favour by agreeing to manage little old tin pot Boscombe lol!

Shoot me down all you want, but I'd have Woodgate back in the blink of an eye in our current situation. At least with his playing career background he would (or should have) the respect of the players.
To be fair...he was really unlucky not to get us promoted....that play off defeat at Brentford was far from his fault

To be fair...he was really unlucky not to get us promoted....that play off defeat at Brentford was far from his fault

I guess depends how far you want to go back, but he did GON it a little, by basically taking foot of the gas last few games once playoffs secure, culminating in us having to face Brentford over 2 legs...

Woodgate was OK more than ok....Elitists on here got it all wrong.
Wtf was wrong with him then ..then ?
And is still wrong with him ? if you want to forward some asswipe/ wishwash wally crap seemingly linked to some pseudo- technical garbage..:Fingers:

Hardly. He was awful at Middlesbrough, they got rid of him as he somehow lead their very strong team into the relegation mix.

Not saying he wouldn't do a better job at us know, but given our players, 'stature' (having just been relegated and near playoffs) general feeling was he was the fortunate one getting the chance to manage us, despite his previous failure at Boro... we shouldn't be grateful to have a poor performing manager join us, just because he played for elite clubs at some point in his career. It has no bearing (or little) into how someone will perform as a manager.

Granted their presence/previous achievements may give them a step up amongst the players, at the beginning. Basically the opposite to GON I suspect who likely has to really prove his worth, as doesn't carry the same stature amongst top players, fans etc at the top level.

Woodgate appointment very much caused concern (amongst many on here) at the time, but he did do well in the end. It was seen as another desperate appointment by Blake, ill thought out recruitment again, hinging our hopes on someone with little track record, apart from a near on disastrous spell at Boro,

Last edited:
You cannot sanction continually promulgating garbage about how these players are potentially star quality PL performers.....They ARE what they DO in the 95 minutes allotted once or twice a week...they are not DOING it, therefore the potential has not been realised...and probably falsely attributed or mistaken initially......outside of that you must factor in that a laziness culture at DC has embraced them or they are individually bent that way as a co-incidence.
Football Clubs are invitations to various cultures..that can develop, and abide for long periods..one such, continually under the spotlight is that of Manchester Utd....some players such as the late B.Charlton took their culture to good places...others since ..not so.

You cannot sanction continually promulgating garbage about how these players are potentially star quality PL performers.....They ARE what they DO in the 95 minutes allotted once or twice a week...they are not DOING it, therefore the potential has not been realised...and probably falsely attributed or mistaken initially......outside of that you must factor in that a laziness culture at DC has embraced them or they are individually bent that way as a co-incidence.
Football Clubs are invitations to various cultures..that can develop, and abide for long periods..one such, continually under the spotlight is that of Manchester Utd....some players such as the late B.Charlton took their culture to good places...others since ..not so.

I do sort of agree, but theres so many examples of players magically transforming under different managers, I certainly think it holds water.

Its like when people say 'why sign him, he was part of relegated team last years'... well you only need to look Ake, Defoe (West ham) and loads others know it is absolutely possible for an excellent players, or high potential player to look very average at a club, whilst under certain mgmt to know the manager plays a huge part in the output from a player. Some players can self motviate/focus more than others, but at the top level (well, any level) the manager plays a significant part in what transpires on the pitch. Mitchell appointed Groves, and barely has a clue about the game... football clearly not 'in his blood'.

Most people who have a decent clue about football, knew the team Groves had underperforming and looking incredibly average, or worse, should have been in the top 6 before a ball was kicked that season. Howe arrived and he had them performing to a level I'd have expected a decent manager to have them at, but Howe likely had them at their very best for months, and not many perhaps could have done that.

Thats why its essential you have the right people making the managerial choices. No one gets it right all the time, but a decent board would have a strong hit rate over the years.

Last edited:
Thing is, on paper, he's an excellent player/signing for lower PL clubs.

It is concerning how disinterested he's appeared so far though.

Surely they interview/gauge player before signing, even on loan. If anything less than enthusiastic, displaying good attitude, you'd abandon signing them... in the same way a company wouldn't hire someone who expressed right attitude/qualities in hiring process.

So why is he not performing, barely playing? This has to be of concern to those at the club, as well as us, surely?
To be fair to him he probably didn’t want to come. Leeds wanted shot, Blake and Hughes have mug written all over their faces.

We were left with a moment where allegedly Moore and Anthony were refusing to leave and were literally being strong armed out the door. Moore put his foot down and stayed to be dropped from the squad for a bit. Anthony eventually capitulated. Iraola liked Anthony because he could press hence was starting him.

This all happened on the last day. Sinisterra got his pay cheque and has looked distinctly like he didn’t want to be here since and hasn’t started a game. He wouldn’t have chosen us to come to. We’re not the club for someone with an ego. Just thank god Moore put his foot down. Leicester fans think Daka is shocking.

The whole thing is rank ineptness.

Parker seemed like a good appointment tbf. Although prophecies and warnings of Fulham fans on here did turn out to be true in the end.

I was probably 'seduced' by his stature from playing days and the fact he had record of getting Fulham out of the division. He did of course achieve his remit in the end, but it nearly went horribly wrong, after an insanely good start to the season. I had no idea he favoured such a 'pragmatic' approach tbh.

Most of the other appointments were a complete joke though. And sadly only serves to build case around their overall competency/ineptitude, given the options we likely had available when we made those silly appointments (quality of players in Champ, strong financial position etc). You have to wonder how they're conducting these searches, given its a key part of their job and one of the main components in determining a clubs success. Although not many were upset at the AI appointment.

Parker was fine. Did the job. Most of the others were not a complete joke. Tindall was failure but the rest did what they needed to do by and large. Apart from the current manager of course but he may well come good.

Having had time to digest yesterday's performance I am struggling to understand why we still haven't addressed our very static forward play.

Numerous times we got up the pitch pretty quickly only for various players to stop and stand on the ball for a few seconds, instead of playing a killer forward pass. Surely quick attacks with forward motion are a key part of AI's tactics ?
Why are the players still playing as they have done under GO, Parker etc.
Have they still not understood what the new coach wants ?

Multiple times during such attacks, Solanke made a run in behind, calling for the ball and just about every time the player with the ball stopped, looked around and then played a short sideways or backwards pass to somebody else near the edge of the penalty area.

Why is nobody being brave in attack ? It's like nobody wants to take responsibility for possibly losing us possession, so nobody tries anything clever.
The mentality of the players MUST change if AI's plan is to work.

In the earlier games we saw less of this. Maybe the lack of wins is playing on the players' minds now and they've slipped back into a GO, SP style more cautious mode ?
Also, why are our wingers etc. never trying to get a shot off ?
Surely we can't rely on Dom for all of our goals and I thought AI's system gave the wingers and midfielders license to "have a crack". We've seen very little of it so far this season. If our attacking play keeps grinding to a halt on the edge of the box, at least we should try to get a decent shot away in the absence of other options. Again here, few players seem to want to take responsibility by getting a shot away.

Maybe the issues are less in the players' feet and more in the players' heads ?

I think AI's system will only work if the players are brave and shed this cautious mentality, which admittedly has been hammered into them over multiple seasons now !

I think the players are letting AI down at the moment and I'm not sure how he can go about changing that. It's a precarious situation we find ourselves in.

Criticism of Woodgate and to include him in that list is very

I would take Woodgate now as well. We need a manager who is competent and can organise 11 men. Iraola hasn't shown he can do that yet.
I wasn't slating JWs record, just that at the time he wouldn't have been anyone's first choice as manager.

To be fair to him he probably didn’t want to come. Leeds wanted shot, Blake and Hughes have mug written all over their faces.

We were left with a moment where allegedly Moore and Anthony were refusing to leave and were literally being strong armed out the door. Moore put his foot down and stayed to be dropped from the squad for a bit. Anthony eventually capitulated. Iraola liked Anthony because he could press hence was starting him.

This all happened on the last day. Sinisterra got his pay cheque and has looked distinctly like he didn’t want to be here since and hasn’t started a game. He wouldn’t have chosen us to come to. We’re not the club for someone with an ego. Just thank god Moore put his foot down. Leicester fans think Daka is shocking.

The whole thing is rank ineptness.
In comparison to your mind reading ability yes. You've more strings to your bow than Dom Solanke.

;