AFC Bournemouth v Wolves

We're going to storm the Championship.

Can't wait !
Joking aside this has always been my fear. We are building a side like those ones teams like Sunderland used to have. A dumb CEO and DOF lining the pockets of mercenary agents to sign a group of disinterested players on ridiculous contracts. None of which have the sell on value they were bought for.

No strategy, no plan B. This time next year we will be watching Kliuvert crapping himself as a thug right back smashes into him in a defeat at Rotherham on a cold Tuesday night.

Sinisterra and Adam’s will have repeated their strikes to get out of here etc.

I just hope Bill can see all of this. It’s not vegas with no relegation.

Joking aside this has always been my fear. We are building a side like those ones teams like Sunderland used to have. A dumb CEO and DOF lining the pockets of mercenary agents to sign a group of disinterested players on ridiculous contracts. None of which have the sell on value they were bought for.

No strategy, no plan B. This time next year we will be watching Kliuvert crapping himself as a thug right back smashes into him in a defeat at Rotherham on a cold Tuesday night.

Sinesterra is just option to buy iirc.. rather than mandatory.

I think its too early to write everyone as rubbish signings or not worth their value. They all have ability/potential to be good players, but obviously things need to be changed somewhere and soon.

But yes, you do have to wonder about players appetites if we were to go down. Been plenty of cases of good teams on paper not delivering in the Champ, mainly down to bad leadership and questionable characters of players with excellent ability (for that level).

Last time round you could tell we had the core of players with the right hunger/fight to mount a promotion challenge,along with top quality ability to bounce back and the thing that spoilt it from a 1st season return was dodgy/shoestring managerial appointments with TIndall and Woodgate

I know you've said this for a while, but I think the time has most definitely arrived for some action/changes at director level.

I think we've gotten away with it for various reasons for a while, but its becoming obvious we need more reliable people operating at that level if we're going to deliver what Bill wants, and not run the risk of things potentially going horrifically wrong.

Last edited:

There are still more than enough games left to avoid relegation if Bill acts quickly and gets a coherent manager in place. He'll have to admit the experiment hasn't worked.
Yes Hughes and Francis should be sacked as well for their failures and this will be essential as no manager worth their salt will work under the current set up. That's why we've had a string of managers who are not who anyone would have handpicked, Tindall, Woodgate, Parker, O'Neil and Andoni anyone? Not one apart from Neil had mentioned the latter and although I've never been an advocate of the Watford way of sacking manager's, I cannot bear to watch a team that is unable to do the basics, something they could do last season but under Andoni look like they have already accepted their fate in this division. This experiment needs to be stopped now before it gets anymore embarrassing.

There are still more than enough games left to avoid relegation if Bill acts quickly and gets a coherent manager in place. He'll have to admit the experiment hasn't worked.
Yes Hughes and Francis should be sacked as well for their failures and this will be essential as no manager worth their salt will work under the current set up. That's why we've had a string of managers who are not who anyone would have handpicked, Tindall, Woodgate, Parker, O'Neil and Andoni anyone? Not one apart from Neil had mentioned the latter and although I've never been an advocate of the Watford way of sacking manager's, I cannot bear to watch a team that is unable to do the basics, something they could do last season but under Andoni look like they have already accepted their fate in this division. This experiment needs to be stopped now before it gets anymore embarrassing.

Parker seemed like a good appointment tbf. Although prophecies and warnings of Fulham fans on here did turn out to be true in the end.

I was probably 'seduced' by his stature from playing days and the fact he had record of getting Fulham out of the division. He did of course achieve his remit in the end, but it nearly went horribly wrong, after an insanely good start to the season. I had no idea he favoured such a 'pragmatic' approach tbh.

Most of the other appointments were a complete joke though. And sadly only serves to build case around their overall competency/ineptitude, given the options we likely had available when we made those silly appointments (quality of players in Champ, strong financial position etc). You have to wonder how they're conducting these searches, given its a key part of their job and one of the main components in determining a clubs success. Although not many were upset at the AI appointment.

As CEO, Blake is not blameless either.

Sinesterra is just option to buy iirc.. rather than mandatory.

I think its too early to write everyone as rubbish signings or not worth their value. They all have ability/potential to be good players, but obviously things need to be changed somewhere and soon.

But yes, you do have to wonder about players appetites if we were to go down. Been plenty of cases of good teams on paper not delivering in the Champ, mainly down to bad leadership and questionable characters of players with excellent ability (for that level).

Last time round you could tell we had the core of players with the right hunger/fight to mount a promotion challenge,along with top quality ability to bounce back and the thing that spoilt it from a 1st season return was dodgy/shoestring managerial appointments with TIndall and Woodgate

I know you've said this for a while, but I think the time has most definitely arrived for some action/changes at director level.

I think we've gotten away with it for various reasons for a while, but its becoming obvious we need more reliable people operating at that level if we're going to deliver what Bill wants, and not run the risk of things potentially going horrifically wrong.
Sinisterra is an option to buy but he is on a lot more than JA was on. What have we gained for this outlay? A disinterested unfit player who had an attitude problem at his previous club and can’t make the bench. What have we lost.. a decent hardworking player who knew where the net was, was valued by the manager and started most games and could cover at full back.

A club ran by charlatans. Stealing a living.

I feel like we've backed ourself into a corner where replacing AI would just be throwing more money at it without resolving the root causes.

We can't back a new manager with new signings, even in Jan, so who would realistically get more out of this wildly imbalanced squad? Sacking AI and keeping B&H plus the coaching team who've failed to improve anything about our defence or set pieces in 2 years would be a cop out anyway.

The money we've spunked in the last 2 windows with close to zero inbound fees leaves us very little wiggle room to radically transform mid season. Foley already said he'd go down with AI over sacking him. Does that mean he'll wait until Summer to then sack AI, Hughes (given he clearly stated AI was Hughes' man), Blake and the legacy coaching team? That would be the mother of all summer rebuilds.

If we lose our next game to Burnley (and very likely the following 2 against City and Newcastle), I've no idea what Bill will do as I think the options are very limited but there comes a point where it's simply untenable to continue as-is.

Last edited:
Parker did 'got us up....
. .and O'Neil did 'kept us up.....
..........................they were positives in their print !

.. s' ON their f√cking CVs now.

These current cheese - rollers from the Continent of Canyons, Curve balls and First Basemen are flirting with all that is negative on and off the pitch.

Discussions with a herd of Pomponian Emmet's, in a quiet corner of Harry Ramsdens might be quite vibrant and fruitful .

Can we send Sinisterra back in January ? Seems like a complete waste of space & money to me.

Thing is, on paper, he's an excellent player/signing for lower PL clubs.

It is concerning how disinterested he's appeared so far though.

Surely they interview/gauge player before signing, even on loan. If anything less than enthusiastic, displaying good attitude, you'd abandon signing them... in the same way a company wouldn't hire someone who expressed right attitude/qualities in hiring process.

So why is he not performing, barely playing? This has to be of concern to those at the club, as well as us, surely?

I feel like we've backed ourself into a corner where replacing AI would just be throwing more money at it without resolving anything.

We can't back a new manager with new signings, even in Jan, so who would realistically get more out of this wildly imbalanced squad? Replacing AI and keeping B&H plus the coaching team who've failed to improve anything about our defence or set pieces in 2 years would be a cop out anyway.

The money we've spunked in the last 2 windows with close to zero inbound fees leaves us very little wiggle room to radically transform mid season. Foley already said he'd go down with AI over sacking him. Does that mean he'll wait until Summer to then sack AI, Hughes, maybe even Blake? If we lose our next game to Burnley (and very likely the following 2 against City and Newcastle), I've no idea what Bill will do as I think the options are very limited.

Thats a good point. Particularly if options include English has-beens, who tend to get wheeled in at struggling PL clubs.

Unless we have very strong, 'right' candidate in the wings, we probably should stick and accept relegation as highly likely.

I think we need wider changes now. At board level and throughout coaching stuff. Recently read Stanislas is now linked with joining the club in some capacity... fine at youth levels I guess, but we need to change our approach at 1st team level now.

Needs a complete re-evaluation and potential 'clearing of the decks imo. Becoming farcical and it needs to come under scrutiny to set solid foundations for our future and ambitions. We seem to be operating like a non league club when it comes to coaching staff.

Parker did 'got us up....
. .and O'Neil did 'kept us up.....
..........................they were positives in their print !

.. s' ON their f√cking CVs now.

These current cheese - rollers from the Continent of Canyons, Curve balls and First Basemen are flirting with all that is negative on and off the pitch.

Discussions with a herd of Pomponian Emmet's, in a quiet corner of Harry Ramsdens might be quite vibrant and fruitful .

:D Emmets

Tempted to bring Yems into the debate, but don't want to cause you further issues chief.

Good to have you back and active!

Thats a good point. Particularly if options include English has-beens, who tend to get wheeled in at struggling PL clubs.

Unless we have very strong, 'right' candidate in the wings, we probably should stick and accept relegation as highly likely.

I think we need wider changes now. At board level and throughout coaching stuff. Recently read Stanislas is now linked with joining the club in some capacity... fine at youth levels I guess, but we need to change our approach at 1st team level now.

Needs a complete re-evaluation and potential 'clearing of the decks imo. Becoming farcical and it needs to come under scrutiny to set solid foundations for our future and ambitions. We seem to be operating like a non league club when it comes to coaching staff.
Everything is wrong.

;