AFCB Bournemouth v Bristol City - 10 Games To Go

Nope. We were very very good today. Glad to be proven wrong. We committed bodies forward at every opportunity and were brave and on the front foot. Can forgive the nativity at the end as I’d far rather we made mistakes while bombing players forward than playing conservatively and not taking any risks. Obviously we need to learn from it though.

you must be fcuking fuming
spend all week with big nige and his back five and they still ship 3 :mad:

Ooooo princess.

Sometimes. Samsung, Google and predictive text takes away your freedom of thought.

NERE isn't even a word, yet near is.

Sorry

X

Found this on Bristol City forum.

We were given a footballing lesson today, in a game which illustrated the gulf between us and the top Championship teams. Impressed by their slick passing and movement. We were fortunate their domination didn’t result in a heavier defeat. The stats reinforce the difference between the teams.

We gave everything in terms of effort and commitment but the difference in ability / quality was simply too much.

Thought Cundy, Atkinson and Klose all came out of that game with great credit and Tommy Conway played in a great ball for AW to score.

Hope we don’t dwell on the penalty that might have been or the Travers save from Martin, IMO we were comprehensively outplayed.

Same forum.

I think the difference between the two games was mostly about Bournemouth.

There’s no doubt (in my mind) that they are a great side to watch. They play some lovely passing football, they have some great players, from back to front they know exactly what to do when, who’s going to be making a run where and when to play it.

They pass quickly and with ease, whereas we struggle to put two passes together: either because we just misinterpreted it, or because we have to take two or three more touches while we look up, hope someone is making themselves available, figure out who it is, take another touch because there’s no-one available, and then the move breaks down. So disjointed.

That night at the Gate everything they did just seemed to flow, seemed to come off. Today they didn’t quite make that happen every time. Marginal differences but just enough to mean that passes don’t quite work or they gave us just enough time to get a body in the way.

WBA fans, for the first time ever, must be quaking at the thought of the Cherries ransacking their beleageured troops on Wensdy...Poor Monkeys stood there in their pubs yam yamming...mouthfuls of Pork Pie and Sadler's Albion Peaky Blinder Bitter( they won't drink Bank's Ale cuz its brewed in Wolverhampton!)
If Bruceys Boys manage a point or 3 'twill be a Giant Killing and they'll go bonkers !

WBA fans, for the first time ever, must be quaking at the thought of the Cherries ransacking their beleageured troops on Wensdy...Poor Monkeys stood there in their pubs yam yamming...mouthfuls of Pork Pie and Sadler's Albion Peaky Blinder Bitter( they won't drink Bank's Ale cuz its brewed in Wolverhampton!)
If Bruceys Boys manage a point or 3 'twill be a Giant Killing and they'll go bonkers !
Best chicken Tika I’ve ever had at a pub around 15 minutes from the ground.
Full of cherries and baggies when I went.

That Dembele goal ...among the best ever at DC i'd say !
He's a Good Mush eh ?

It was like he was dancing with the fat lady !

it was an outstanding goal. quality inverted winger cut in and finish.

I love Christie and wouldn;t drop him, but if he had that to his game... well, he probably wouldn;t be here would he.

Good to have one of the wingers in the pacey, flair, dribbling with potential for 10+ goals a season mould. exciting to watch.

Home teams who give their supporters clappers to generate an atmosphere when they're second in the league shouldn't be allowed to be promoted - but I don't make the rules.

You have to go a ling way down, to read about the match, as most of it, appears to be about carefully selected stats to do with a report about parachute payments and the careful wording, suggests those payments enabled the purchases of Solanke, Lerma and Billing (who of course all arrived whilst we in the top division)

I struggled to correlate these financial musings, with the estimated wealth of Max Demin - circa 500 million USD - versus Steven Lansdowne - tax-dodging Guernsey billionaire GBP - as to why, plucky little AFCB, are doing so well, versus the one club in the seething metropolis of Bristol, England's 4th city.

For any Robin wandering through here, I actually quite like your club, most of your supporters at Ashton Gate have been alright. Shame you have a bloke on your local rag, who writes like a certain 'journalist' about Stoke City.

Last edited:

;