Jaidon Anthony-summer 2027

Dango Ouattara-summer 2028
Hamed Traore-summer 2028
Illia Zabarnyi-summer 2028

Jack Stephens-On loan from Southampton until summer 2023
Matias Vina-On loan from Roma until summer 2023

Last edited:
Those last 3 to 2028 blow my mind just a little

Not quite Chelsea level of 8 year contracts to get around FFP, but its still madness. There must be relegation clauses and all sorts in there somewhere

I thought Adam smith and junior signed similar 2-year deals when they initially left after that first champ season but looks like smudge is here for another season?

Those last 3 to 2028 blow my mind just a little

Not quite Chelsea level of 8 year contracts to get around FFP, but its still madness. There must be relegation clauses and all sorts in there somewhere

The relegation clause question is interesting. You would like to think wage reductions are included as standard but surely that would’ve made us an even less attractive proposition to targets in January.

We've steadily been whittling away at the contract time bomb we could potentially have faced.

From the first team players due to have their contracts expire this summer, I think the club will choose to release Junior (or offer a coaching role if he wants to hang up his boots) and Stacey.

Lerma and Zemura both look to be off and will need to be replaced.

Next summer's are interesting though, as Kelly and Billing are the only ones that we really need to worry about there. My guess is Billing is the next one they are working on.

Pearson, Marcondes and Lowe will likely all move on in this summer. The others I'd imagine will be in our court to decide upon.

We've steadily been whittling away at the contract time bomb we could potentially have faced.

From the first team players due to have their contracts expire this summer, I think the club will choose to release Junior (or offer a coaching role if he wants to hang up his boots) and Stacey.

Lerma and Zemura both look to be off and will need to be replaced.

Next summer's are interesting though, as Kelly and Billing are the only ones that we really need to worry about there. My guess is Billing is the next one they are working on.

Pearson, Marcondes and Lowe will likely all move on in this summer. The others I'd imagine will be in our court to decide upon.
It was reported in January by the Athletic that we have been trying to tie Billing down to a new deal for quite a while, I think he is probably keeping his options open as we have heard very little on that front since. I can see him moving on regardless of what league we are in, if we get relegated then I think it’s almost certain that he leaves.

Kelly is a strange one, I’m not too sure how much interest he would generate but at the same time I think he would be setting his longer term sights higher than us. I can see him running his contract down.

The rest we would hopefully be in a position to keep if we wanted to, regardless of which division we are playing in.

There are also a couple of others on longer contracts who I think we could do with moving on, namely Adam Smith. A club great, but I think his legs have gone a bit and it has gotten past the point where he can be much use to us.

I know you’ve tried to be polite re Stan, but there is no ‘think’ about it, he will be released. Even Blake isn’t going to offer a new contract to a guy who’s played two games in two years.

It was reported in January by the Athletic that we have been trying to tie Billing down to a new deal for quite a while, I think he is probably keeping his options open as we have heard very little on that front since. I can see him moving on regardless of what league we are in, if we get relegated then I think it’s almost certain that he leaves.

Kelly is a strange one, I’m not too sure how much interest he would generate but at the same time I think he would be setting his longer term sights higher than us. I can see him running his contract down.

The rest we would hopefully be in a position to keep if we wanted to, regardless of which division we are playing in.

There are also a couple of others on longer contracts who I think we could do with moving on, namely Adam Smith. A club great, but I think his legs have gone a bit and it has gotten past the point where he can be much use to us.

I know you’ve tried to be polite re Stan, but there is no ‘think’ about it, he will be released. Even Blake isn’t going to offer a new contract to a guy who’s played two games in two years.

I should think Kelly wants out big time and who could blame him with the way the 'supporters' have, er, supported him in the last six months.

If at all possible I’d also like to see us try and mutually terminate Fredericks contract too, particularly if we stay up and we have limited squad spaces to work with. Unfortunately I don’t think this is realistic, so due to our own stupidity we are going to be stuck paying another player for doing nothing for another year.

I should think Kelly wants out big time and who could blame him with the way the 'supporters' have, er, supported him in the last six months.
True, can’t disagree with that. He is a very frustrating player at times and I think he became an easy target for fans who were venting their overall frustrations in the entire team.

I actually think he’d do quite well in a high pressing side who operate with a high defensive line, he’s at his best when running back towards his own goal. Playing in a deep defensive line doesn’t really suit him as he isn’t particularly commanding.

Kelly needs a team that will either play him as a CB or are not bothered by quick overlapping FBs... He was very good against Liverpool and along with the whole side, below mediocre against Villa... The issue is he offers very little in way of attack creating an unbalanced side, and for the most is still too ponderous on the ball...

I like Kelly and I'm glad I wasn't at 'that' game where it took the dog's abuse, however, we do seem to try and shoehorn him in... When will Vina get a shot at LB? Don't we have an obligation/option to buy at the end of the season on him...?

Looking at the current squad, whatever happens to us this season I can see a fair few outgoings in the summer.
The players I can see moving on are:
- Stan
- Lowe
- Pearson
- Lerma
- Zemura
- Dembele (Torn on this one but included it as likely as I haven’t seen anyone really talk about him since his loan move)

With the possible moves being:
Cook
Billing
Stacey
Travers (loan probably)
Kilkenny (I can’t see him making it anymore tbh)

might be missing one or two but these are the ones that sprung to mind

Looking at the current squad, whatever happens to us this season I can see a fair few outgoings in the summer.
The players I can see moving on are:
- Stan
- Lowe
- Pearson
- Lerma
- Zemura
- Dembele (Torn on this one but included it as likely as I haven’t seen anyone really talk about him since his loan move)

With the possible moves being:
Cook
Billing
Stacey
Travers (loan probably)
Kilkenny (I can’t see him making it anymore tbh)

might be missing one or two but these are the ones that sprung to mind
Think Pearson will depend on our league status... and maybe Dembele...

I see the club have announced youth team retained and departing lists. Among those leaving is Brooklyn Genesini, which caught my eye. You might remember he scored that dramatic equaliser against Norwich to take the League Cup tie to pens, which we won.

https://www.afcb.co.uk/news/development-squad/ten-under-18s-step-up-to-development-squad/

Hopefully the rest of the team step up next season and match his minutes per goal ratio:
https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/teams/afc-bournemouth/top-scorers

Went on load to the Danish second tier afterward and barely played. Good luck to him, there's surely a club out there that will give him a shot to build his way back up the divisions like Cornick managed.

;