AFCB refuse to allow charity collection from West Ham fan

...oh hello Mr Happy!

I believe if this was AFCB wanting to do a collection at Upton Park and we were refused do you not believe that we would use this as an inspiration for the players to raise their game against them. I think you will find that it would.

You know maybe if he'd just waited a little while before throwing his toys out of the pram he might well have got a pleasant response

The club refuses to sanction any collection other than the four charities it has selected. The club made no efforts to overtly prevent other collections. In fact the club has shown support by providing souvenirs for auction and donations, but without seeking publicity for it

It wasn't long ago I got enraged at Tranmere saying no inflatables, but they said that in a press piece, it was clear they were bitter and not having it. If I'd messaged them asking and they'd said, 'on safety grounds we cannot encourage the use of inflatables' we'd all know enough to read between the lines and take them

What's to say this would have been any different

I believe if this was AFCB wanting to do a collection at Upton Park and we were refused do you not believe that we would use this as an inspiration for the players to raise their game against them. I think you will find that it would.

TBF there might be legitimate Health & Safety reasons to turn down a collection at Upton Park at the moment

1547653804242.jpg1547653804242.jpg

Last edited:
You know maybe if he'd just waited a little while before throwing his toys out of the pram he might well have got a pleasant response

The club refuses to sanction any collection other than the four charities it has selected. The club made no efforts to overtly prevent other collections. In fact the club has shown support by providing souvenirs for auction and donations, but without seeking publicity for it

It wasn't long ago I got enraged at Tranmere saying no inflatables, but they said that in a press piece, it was clear they were bitter and not having it. If I'd messaged them asking and they'd said, 'on safety grounds we cannot encourage the use of inflatables' we'd all know enough to read between the lines and take them

What's to say this would have been any different

We did all take inflatables to Tranmere.

...The logic applied by the club is that if they give a blanket "No" then it's treating all requests the same. They do get loads of requests and can't accommodate them all so it's easier to say no to everyone. Where they can, they seem to prefer non-financial support like signed shirts etc. I can see their logic and we did well from it and are grateful...

I can see the club's logic too.

If the club didn't control it, then every charity and it's Dog's Trust dog would be circling the ground...

I can't speak for others but going to football is about escaping the rest of my life, not fighting off chuggers both home and away*.

I know, that sounds uncharitable but if it wasn't controlled there would be loads of different charities understandably trying to raise funds from our massive 40,000 (sorry, I forgot the new ground's not happening) 11,000 strong crowds.

So setting a limit does make sense and, as always, who decides which charities do and don't make the approved list is an impossible task.

*And let's be honest, if suddenly all sorts of charities were circling DC at every home game this MB would be awash with posts moaning about it in a BHF heartbeat

I can see the club's logic too.

If the club didn't control it, then every charity and it's Dog's Trust dog would be circling the ground...

I can't speak for others but going to football is about escaping the rest of my life, not fighting off chuggers both home and away*.

I know, that sounds uncharitable but if it wasn't controlled there would be loads of different charities understandably trying to raise funds from our massive 40,000 (sorry, I forgot the new ground's not happening) 11,000 strong crowds.

So setting a limit does make sense and, as always, who decides which charities do and don't make the approved list is an impossible task.

*And let's be honest, if suddenly all sorts of charities were circling DC at every home game this MB would be awash with posts moaning about it in a BHF heartbeat

A young child needs a bit of help to get treatment.
The Football Family can help.

This is exactly the response I expected from you.

A young child needs a bit of help to get treatment.
The Football Family can help.
This is exactly the response I expected from you.

Well done on not addressing any of the points I raised.

And congratulations on adding to your huge tally of 'I'm a better fan than you' posts - eleven years on and the script has never once changed :clap:

Well done on not addressing any of the points I raised.

And congratulations on adding to your huge tally of 'I'm a better fan than you' posts - eleven years on and the script has never once changed :clap:

I've ignored your pathetic jibes over the last few months.
Now it's my turn to stab back.

I have to a address your points do I?
Well lets look at your your selfish post bit by bit.
)
"I can see the club's logic too."
(Yes you always do. Another one who will say nothing against official policy

(Total cobblers and you know it. Rarely has a charity turned up and circled the ground every week)

(Chuggers? You fight them off that often when you attend do you? LIAR)

(Says pretty much the same thing as paragraph 2. Repeats are boring)

(Club approved charities only then? I am sure they can enforce that in and around the ground, but away from Kings Park they have no shout.)

(Same as paragraph 2 again)

I wish I was home this weekend as I would have taken this chap around the local bazzars, away from you of course as you don't want bothering, and tried to show a bit of kindness and help out.

Get back to hoping Labour topple the government tonight.
I and many others have your card well and truly marked.

I recall way back in time at the old Dean Court when you would have some "good cause" or other shaking their buckets outside the South Stand turnstiles every game. I wouldn't have minded so much if some of the f uckers actually stayed on to watch the game after fleecing the fans but they never did.

Sorry,but I just can't see why a club that plays us at home can't put in an application for a permit to collect at that game.
It doesn't mean that every charity and its dog trust would turn up at all.
As this seems to be the first time this season the problem has come up,it must mean no other clubs have wanted to make a collection.

Sorry but the club are being pathetic.

Al says...

"I've ignored your pathetic jibes over the last few months."
You can't take a joke, especially if it's accurate

"Another one who will say nothing against official policy"
Jackanory, Jackanory, Jackanory...

"Rarely has a charity turned up and circled the ground every week"
Because they're not allowed to, that's exactly the point. Thank you.

"Chuggers? You fight them off that often when you attend do you? LIAR"
I didn't say that, read it properly. As I know they're not allowed

"Says pretty much the same thing as paragraph 2. Repeats are boring"
And your posts repeat more than UKTV Gold

"Club approved charities only then?"
Yes

"...away from Kings Park they have no shout."
Correct, never said they didn't.

"I wish I was home this weekend as I would have taken this chap around the local bazzars…"
OK, if you insist. After all, you're a better fan than everyone else!

"Get back to hoping Labour topple the government tonight."
Ha ha, evidence enough that you don't actually read what others post

"I and many others have your card well and truly marked"
There he is. The real Al. Trying, badly, to intimidate

There's loads of children, and adults, in this area who need help and many charities that are raising money for them.

Knowing that, I'm curious, do you think they should all be allowed to come to the ground, whenever they like, to try and collect money, even it that means loads of people rattling tins and taking names on match day?

edit to add: I seem to recall someone at the club saying they also choose not to have bucket shaking outside the ground due to the obvious historical connotations of 1997.

Yeah, it would be a terrible thing to be reminded of financial troubles when you're sipping your free champers in Bubbles and not saving a penny of the Premier League millions for the clubs long term survival.

;