AFCB v Fulham

Always thought Fulham now would be a tough game. They have improved a lot under their new manager and are a different proposition now. They beat Everton last time out so I wasn’t expecting a walkover. We created enough chances to comfortably win that game, it just always felt as though today wasn‘t going to be our day. I think we scored too many goals last weekend and the goal gods decided to even things up a bit today and didn‘t give us anything Hitting
Sounded like there was no lack of effort, just „one of those days“.
If we can put on a show and beat Saints we can go to Palace looking to beat our best ever points total. No need to panic after today‘s result !
:utc:

I didnt see it...so im assuming it was ' beach' ...it wasnt appropriate last week so....better late! Need the energy for next week....maybe 4 or 5 days ' intense ' 'training' in Dubai?

Always thought Fulham now would be a tough game. They have improved a lot under their new manager and are a different proposition now. They beat Everton last time out so I wasn’t expecting a walkover. We created enough chances to comfortably win that game, it just always felt as though today wasn‘t going to be our day. I think we scored too many goals last weekend and the goal gods decided to even things up a bit today and didn‘t give us anything Hitting
If we can put on a show and beat Saints we can go to Palace looking to beat our best ever points total. No need to panic after today‘s result !

I think to say there was a lack of effort maybe a little unfair .... let’s call it a lack of intensity .

Have to think this is the closest to the actual truth. Fulham playing with no fear, happens with some teams. Not Huddersfield mind you!

Losing Smithy was massive. Then having to shuffle again when Stan fell apart, can't help. I couldn't see much of the game online ...Merson said that Fulham were better after the first 25/30 minutes but that we still had a bunch of chances.

Fraser couldn’t get off the pitch quick enough...

To be fair when he goes to a top 6 club he will actually get given some protection from officials.

The 'beach' thing is overused and often untrue but we had the easiest run in the league but have joint third worst form over the last 10 games so it does feel like there's a motivation problem.

I think that's part of the frustration. We were pretty poor. Scrappy and wasteful in possession, often second to 50-50s etc and yet still created more than enough good chances to easily win the game. Which shows just how poor Fulham are, a full flowing quality AFCB performance would have annihilated them. Today's dodgy showing should still have won out as a winning one.

I didn't feel that anyone tried apart from Lerma and Fraser. Almost as if they expected the win. Very poor but look on the bright side, were premier league for a 5th season... we've only spent 5 years in the 2nd tier. The way I see it, the lower we finish, the more we can improve and the worse our prize assets look.

Just got back, if we had played another 30 minutes or more I don’t think we would have scored.

After the big win at Brighton which gave us 41 points, this game we would have thought would be a home banker. Fulham not won away all season and conceded 44 goals, the most in the PL. This is what football is all about, expect one thing and the opposite happens.

But it seems instead of the team from London being on the beach in this lovely weather, it was our own side. There seemed little urgency and it felt like a typical end of the season game.

What a disappointing afternoon for the Cherries fans.

Who would you suggest we should have played on the right ?
Maybe King dropping a bit deeper and a little wider. I would say that playing 2 men wide all the time is wasteful. Lerma would get the ball and find no one to pass to. Brooks was more central last week.

And I don't think the ref wanted us to get anything very very poor and allowed Fulham to do what they wanted to us and not get booked. Summed him up when he booked there keeper who didn't kick the ball away.

Lack of creativity,forwards wanting the ball with back to goal and unable to keep hold of it.Fraser was in space twice in the first half when King had the ball and would of been in on goal if he got the ball,yet King turned the other way and lost the ball.And when there was a break in play Fraser was talking to Ake and looked like he was pissed off,using his arms to demonstrate his frustration

My thoughts on the match today.
In the Main Stand today. Average age of the crowd around me got to be 75+ !
(Only joking, just grumpy after watching that).
Losing Smithy didn't help, we miss his intensity. Josh King did very well NOT to hit the target early on, how did he miss that?
Losing Stan after his free kick seemed to be the catalyst for Fulham to get in the game. They seemed to get better as the game went on, you just had that feeling that things weren't going for us today.
No protection from the ref at all, very weak.
We need a NEW midfielder to take these games by the scruff of the neck and take teams on.

Comments from both camps. BBC.

Bournemouth boss Eddie Howe, speaking to Match of the Day: "We created enough chances to win the game but we obviously didn't take those. We were rocked with a couple of injuries, that's never easy to take.

"The effort was there but the quality wasn't there. We started well and I was really pleased, we looked clinical with our build-up play and our approach play was very good.

"We had to then reshuffle. We tried to tweak things to find a way. From last week it was the polar opposite, the decision making wasn't quite where it was last week. It goes to show how difficult the league is."

Fulham interim boss Scott Parker, speaking to Match of the Day: "I asked the team if they can back up the performance (from last week) and the challenge was: can we get the first away win and win two on the bounce? It was a fine performance last week and today was the same.

"We showed the quality we had. We have been in here now for six, seven weeks and have put in a lot of hard work, drilled the team as much as we can and tried to give a clear identity to the players.

"You need players who are receptive to that, the application every day has been first class. It doesn't surprise me we go and get two wins.

"I see a group of players here who have got quality."

First 20 min I thought we looked good. Gosling moving the ball on quickly in midfield with some good one touch stuff.... things looked Ok, the pace at which the ball was moving around was asking questions of Fulham defensively. Then after the Stan injury things got disrupted and we were perhaps guilty of settling , passing side ways and taking longer to get the ball up to the half way line.
We seemed to try and do a containing job out of possession a kin to against the top 4, which in my mind you shouldn’t do at home against a relegated side. There was no pressing and winning the ball, quick turnover and hitting them. When we had the ball they sat in and we struggled.

Second half we had 4 defenders none of who looked comfortable in their position, and 2 of who appear to be unable to kick with their wrong foot. We should have gone 3 at the back much sooner and got an extra man in midfield. Maybe Hindman could have done something, but we are never going to know unless another few players are struck down with ebola

Lack of creativity,forwards wanting the ball with back to goal and unable to keep hold of it.Fraser was in space twice in the first half when King had the ball and would of been in on goal if he got the ball,yet King turned the other way and lost the ball.And when there was a break in play Fraser was talking to Ake and looked like he was pissed off,using his arms to demonstrate his frustration
To be fair Fraser looked pissed off throughout the game and was having a go at pretty much everyone on our team to the point where Cook had to have a word with him.

;