AFCB Women

I could be mistaken but it looks like a huge amount of ST holders opted out? Barely any seats gone so far.

I do hope this sells well though, our ladies side are looking dominant right now, and they're a nice bunch too.

Yes, I hope they do well too, and they attract a good crowd.

But it's not a good idea to effectively intimidate punters into attending with the threat of being demoted, if you don't buy, when it comes to the Tuesday ticket scramble.

I also wonder, when it comes to ST holders, if this might be used against them when it comes to renewal time. You didn't support the women's team ? No renewal for you, matey ! Join the queue over there, please.

More legacy ST holders ousted ! More tickets freed up for hospitality packages. Kerching !

I hope there's someone at the club who has the guts to tell Jim that he is completely misguided when it comes to this whole ticketing fiasco.

Last edited:
Or you travel to Manchester and see us get a deserved victory, in your elation for all things AFCB you pop along to the girls game go in get your point then fall asleep.

Expect to see a lot of bleary-eyed punters swiping their tickets to get in, and then leaving 2 minutes later !

They'll probably install CCTV to catch out any miscreants !

The whole ticket scramble is just silly and wrong. Both for high points holders and for cherries Tuesday hopefuls. They should guarantee 12/13 tickets for high points holders and ring-fence an area of the ground to preserve the atmosphere.

Have a proper ballot for cherries Tuesday that maximises the number of newbies who get a ticket and does not just play into the hands of touts.

Originally I didn't claim the £14 back for the enforced then retracted purchase of the ladies tickets. Then the price for the new shirt came out. I thought ' robbing b'stards' and promptly asked for my £14 back. As already mentioned not the ladies team fault just a poor decision by the money grabbing yanks

Originally I didn't claim the £14 back for the enforced then retracted purchase of the ladies tickets. Then the price for the new shirt came out. I thought ' robbing b'stards' and promptly asked for my £14 back. As already mentioned not the ladies team fault just a poor decision by the money grabbing yanks

Yeah, woeful misjudgement in this case.

Get the premise/idea of getting people more into the ladies game, but it's not quite there in terms of appetite to go along and watch them regularly by most the fanbase (I assume).

A bit ham-fisted at this point, perhaps the uptake will be there in years to come.

Reactions: Mdl
The uptake is there. Last season there was 3,000+ there, I’ve been to LDV Vans games with fewer afcb fans in attendance.

The difference of course is all of those wanted to be there.

Now we have tickets sold to those who wouldn’t necessarily choose to go, some who will go feeling like they have to go due to the points situation and some who may have been inclined to go but now won’t because of how it’s all been handled.

How our CEO has handled this whole situation is horrific. What I can’t understand is why people are blaming some guy that works for him. The buck stops at the top, all of this will have been agreed in a board meeting where the CEO is the determining voice.

Unless people are suggesting we have a 2m puppet of course.

All a bit sad really. Some will be at the Etihad the day before but I guess they won’t make the club any money.

I wonder how many ST holders at all clubs have attended every game in a season.

How our CEO has handled this whole situation is horrific. What I can’t understand is why people are blaming some guy that works for him. The buck stops at the top, all of this will have been agreed in a board meeting where the CEO is the determining voice.

It’s been stated numerous times that the CEO is working on the football side, the president is working on the non football side.

It’s been stated numerous times that the CEO is working on the football side, the president is working on the non football side.
Blimey. Not even doing the strategic side of CEO’s paid half as much to achieve more. Good work if you can get it.

Also… when I’ve criticised Blake before the few that rally to his defence always state the fact that it was him that negotiated the successful sale of the club to Bill and Jim. I didn’t believe this for one moment but say it’s true then isn’t he responsible for doing the due diligence of understanding what they were going to be cracking on with?

CEO is in place for a decade and ticket sales strategy is broadly set in stone... New owner takes over and appoints President of Business with the stated aim of changing the customer and ticketing side of the business... the customer and ticketing side of the business drastically changes... new President of Business accepts responsibility and answers all public questions about it clearly stating what his new strategy is...

Neil Dawson.... "Blake's got a lot to answer for this."

CEO is in place for a decade and ticket sales strategy is broadly set in stone... New owner takes over and appoints President of Business with the stated aim of changing the customer and ticketing side of the business... the customer and ticketing side of the business drastically changes... new President of Business accepts responsibility and answers all public questions about it clearly stating what his new strategy is...

Neil Dawson.... "Blake's got a lot to answer for this."
Brought them in apparently…

;