AFCB's finances

It's not bed wetting, I have a long memory of previous hard times and have no wish to go there again. Many clubs have financial issues when relegated and they have mostly had significantly larger fan bases than us.
So there you go you have even said it, even having more bums on seats hasn't helped other clubs going into financial oblivion, so why do you think it's going to be our life saver? You'll find that most clubs that do get into financial difficulty is normally down to bad ownership. I happen to think we're run very well and would not be concerned if we got relegated.

The only reason I want a bigger stadium is so new fans are able to see us play. Not because we're going to rely on the additional income.

I'm not making excuses for the owners at all, but from what I understand of the situation, I don't see what they can sensibly do. That said if you've got a spare 50M and want to buy the stadium off SD only to immediately flatten it and build another next door. Or spend 20M on a huge Ted Shed that will take three years to build and only get another three years use until we're in a new stadium

Yes I wish the board had pulled their fingers out sooner, or maybe made the original Mac Shack a lot bigger, though I think that was mandated by law due to lack of facilities within the stand itself. But that can't be totally true as I was on a huge scaffold last summer watching a gig at the Royal Chelsea Hospital, something that size would be bloody great

This may come across as a naive and rose tinted view, but everything we've seen and heard since Max ejected Mitchell leads me to believe that there is a steady long term plan being carefully followed one step at a time which will result in a new stadium being constructed provided that we are able to stay in the Premier League, which seems to me to be the aim of bringing in a lot of talented young players to form a new team that can stay together for a period of several years and really consolidate the Club at the top level.
When he signed his new deal Callum was quoted as saying "Bournemouth is known as a smaller club but with bigger ambitions. I think over years to come as well, I guess it's going to keep growing.
"There's a new training ground in place, eventually there will be a new stadium and I think at some point it won't be classed as a small club anymore and it will grow to a point where people are respecting us a bit more in terms of not being such a small club and being an established Premier League team."

It seems to me that he and our other players have been given an insight into the Club's future plans, which has been persuasive and believable enough for him, and hopefully others, to trust and buy into.

So there you go you have even said it, even having more bums on seats hasn't helped other clubs going into financial oblivion, so why do you think it's going to be our life saver? You'll find that most clubs that do get into financial difficulty is normally down to bad ownership. I happen to think we're run very well and would not be concerned if we got relegated.

The only reason I want a bigger stadium is so new fans are able to see us play. Not because we're going to rely on the additional income.
I think another way of looking at that is that clubs with a far larger (non Premier League TV related) turnover than us still had financial problems after relegation, how would we cope with our much more limited financial resources?

I want a larger stadium so that we can grow our fan base so that the club will be more substainable if we are in a lower division. We have a unique opportunity to do this at the moment due to our high profile, local kids are largely supporting us at the moment rather that the usual top 6 dross however they are not able to attend any games. If people don't get the opportunity to watch us then eventually their attention will wane especially if we go down the leagues.

I agree with your point about us being well run however if Max loses interest then being well run will not help us pay the bills.

We all want the same thing, so sorry if the bedwetting comment was too harsh, Just until someone can show me how the numbers would actually work for either short or long term expansion at this point I can't take the requests seriously. There's always a glut of them, and it starts to remind me of the kids wanting the latest nike airs, and having no concept of how much they cost

Buy the BIC and turn it into a new stadium; reinstall the pool complete with wave machine and flume; have the land train as our official match day transport and use the most likely enormous proceeds to keep us afloat when we go down. Sorted.

Ps. Thursday is clearly big shop day. Set yourself up for the weekend and then live off the leftovers during the week.

We all want the same thing, so sorry if the bedwetting comment was too harsh, Just until someone can show me how the numbers would actually work for either short or long term expansion at this point I can't take the requests seriously. There's always a glut of them, and it starts to remind me of the kids wanting the latest nike airs, and having no concept of how much they cost
Groundhog day.

Presumably the 'numbers worked' when the club first announced their intention to build a new stadium, but I won't ask you to "show me" why you think they didn't stack up.

I think the numbers worked given what SD valued the stadium at only a couple of years previously, when EM was negotiating with them to buy it. However our earning potential meant that SD saw pound notes everywhere and upped their price. Unfortunately it's not exactly a free market, there's only one customer, and only one vendor

Also there are no big shop days. We keep giving the supermarkets all our money we end up in the same situation described above, buy little and often and support your local businesses

I think the very fact that we do not appear to be trying to buy back the ground from Structadene and the fact that we have done nothing to expand the stands we have is a clear sign that the board view that as a waste of money, simply because the longer term plan is to have a fit for purpose new stadium of our own.
I'm afraid we'll have to continue to be patient and pray that we can stay in the PL until it happens.

I'm sorry, but as much as we'd all love to have a shiny new MCPZ as a lasting sign of our time in the PL, there just isn't a financial case for it.
So is it the case then that for all the other clubs that have done it it's simply that the owners choose to take the financial hit knowing that it makes no commercial sense?

To all of you saying that we should only invest in the team and not the infrastructure are you not concerned at what might await us if we get relegated? If this happens we will have lost our main income stream and be playing in a stadium that we still don't own. Essentially we will be back where we were 10 years ago and struglling to stay afloat on a day to day basis.

The figure talked about to buy back the stadium was less than £10 million. A larger temporary Ted Shed a la Fulham would cost nowhere near £10 million so the club wouldn't have to shell out much more than £10 million to get to this position. And before we start talking about the club not being able to afford to buy back the stadium Pompey did this in League 2 with far less resources than we have at our disposal as they saw owning their ground as crucial to their future. I think we will live to regret it if we still don't own our home when our premier league adventure ends.
I don't think you could buy back the ground and build a stand the size of Fulham's end stands, even if you were to get planing permission on our side of the park for a structure of that sort of size, for anything less than 15m, which is why reading between the lines I think the club have decided not to buy back the present ground. But we agree we need to increase our fan base though for when we eventually go down.

To prove Rob's Groundhog Day comment right. Parks Act means very little resale value, no retail or residential partnerships, only income is club itself, hopefully some conferencing, but technically not allowed

And we're screwed if we go down as without the premier league money we are not viable financially! Hey ho, let's enjoy it while it lasts.
All clubs are screwed if they go down, if we get an extra 5k seats then that works out to be about an extra 3 mil per year in revenue assuming that we'd sell out every game in the championship which I doubt. That's not going to make much difference when our wage bill is 110 mil.

Groundhog day.

Presumably the 'numbers worked' when the club first announced their intention to build a new stadium, but I won't ask you to "show me" why you think they didn't stack up.
Yes I agree, the club have never said a new stadium is not a viable option, they just chose to direct the money on transfer fees and wages.

All clubs are screwed if they go down, if we get an extra 5k seats then that works out to be about an extra 3 mil per year in revenue assuming that we'd sell out every game in the championship which I doubt. That's not going to make much difference when our wage bill is 110 mil.
I would hope that our wage bill would reduce if we were relegated. We do have parachute payments to assist with this as well for the first few years beyond a hypothetical relegation. My worry is more the time beyond this.

I think another way of looking at that is that clubs with a far larger (non Premier League TV related) turnover than us still had financial problems after relegation, how would we cope with our much more limited financial resources?

I want a larger stadium so that we can grow our fan base so that the club will be more substainable if we are in a lower division. We have a unique opportunity to do this at the moment due to our high profile, local kids are largely supporting us at the moment rather that the usual top 6 dross however they are not able to attend any games. If people don't get the opportunity to watch us then eventually their attention will wane especially if we go down the leagues.

I agree with your point about us being well run however if Max loses interest then being well run will not help us pay the bills.
Bit depressing all this. We stay in the prem for as long as we can to pay the management and playing staffs wages. We do this and can't afford to buy the ground back , can't pay Max back and can't afford a shiny new stadium. Enjoy today because tomorrow's bleak ?

;