afcbTV Live

£60k for season ticket holders. What about the rest of us? The max points holders? The sponsors who put in thousands to advertise in programmes and hoardings no one will ever see? The stewards and programme sellers? The people who dress up as bears and cats (all unpaid)? What makes one group any more entitled to a freebie than another?

making it black and white like this solves a lot of problems. ST holders still get a small cherry on top with the Sky passes, the club avoids upsetting a large part of its fan base and avoids having to make it free for everyone. All seems like the best way forward for me.
I agree (as a season ticket holder)

Works for me. I guess we have to wait until next week to sign up? $200 for 46 games is excellent value.
Well, no, it's $250 by the time you pay your standard 3% conversion fee your credit card will charge you.
https://www.xe.com/currencyconverter/convert/?Amount=140&From=GBP&To=CAD
Which I appreciate is a much better deal than those poor sods in Bournemouth who actually support the club get, but when DAZN gives you every single PL, Europa, and Champions League game (plus several EFL Championship ones) for $150 a year, it feels like a bit of a ripoff.
It all depends on your frame of reference I guess.

Interesting reactions. Players give lip service to a potential pay decrease during lockdown like many clubs actually agreed...but didn’t.

Players bemoan the very thought of a cut, with Billing, who will reportedly be on £15k a week this season very vocal...

Club go down, make redundancies and squeeze the fans for cash wherever possible.

Other clubs suspended season ticket sales and put other ideas in place, our club sells tickets like they always have. Some clubs opt to give the streaming service for free, our club sells it at potentially £460 a year.

Yeah I can see why some wouldn’t be happy with that.

Overall I'd be happy to pay the £10 per game.
The thing bugging me is that there is no option for reduced price season ticket for UK residents, therefore potentially paying more than three times than non UK residents

So for £12.50 the game will be broadcast live with sound on the afcb TV site irrespective of kick off times?

I assume you get the sound free on the video stream, so just the £10. If you want just Solent it’s £2.50.

Seems a lot of people are trying the VPN route, I'm not really sure how it works but i'm sure it can change your location to anywhere in the world meaning you can get £140 for the full season? Sounds good to me, just have no idea how to do it haha!

From the Ohec:

"Last season fans could access free BBC Solent commentary on matchdays via AFCBTV, but from this season the club will begin charging £2.50 for audio per match, as part of EFL rules."

£140 for the season is twice what I paid for last season, but still cheaper for the whole season than attending two home matches.

£140 / 46 = £3.17 per match. That's about the equivalent of about half a pint in that posh Hall and Woodhouse "pub" in Wimborne.

Last edited:
Anyone know if it will be possible to access the AFCB TV live stream from a Smart TV ?

Would be much better than on a laptop or messing with HDMI cables etc.

Will be paying the £140 through a VPN. Disappointing there's no bundle options for UK fans. £460 for streaming is very steep

Well, no, it's $250 by the time you pay your standard 3% conversion fee your credit card will charge you.
https://www.xe.com/currencyconverter/convert/?Amount=140&From=GBP&To=CAD
Which I appreciate is a much better deal than those poor sods in Bournemouth who actually support the club get, but when DAZN gives you every single PL, Europa, and Champions League game (plus several EFL Championship ones) for $150 a year, it feels like a bit of a ripoff.
It all depends on your frame of reference I guess.
Not sure $50 makes much of a difference tbh.

Yeah, I agree it's not as good as DAZN. But then again, DAZN was not as good as SN/TSN which was free with a premium Rogers subscription.

I'm just happy that it's available. I was prepared to pay $10 per match through iFollow, so in that context it's a good deal.

Not sure $50 makes much of a difference tbh.

Yeah, I agree it's not as good as DAZN. But then again, DAZN was not as good as SN/TSN which was free with a premium Rogers subscription.

I'm just happy that it's available. I was prepared to pay $10 per match through iFollow, so in that context it's a good deal.
I don't have cable, so your example actually works backwards -- paying for a tiered cable package with all those channels is at least$1000 per year, for a bunch of crap I'd never watch.
DAZN is way cheaper and better if you mostly want to watch soccer/football. They even have tons of MLS games.

watching football used to be such a simple pastime. beer, queue, hand over cash, watch game, be appalled at quality, question your life, vow to never go again, go home. repeat weekly.

I haven’t fully read this thread so perhaps I’be missed something but are ST holders expecting to get a discount for streaming compared to non ST holders.

That seems a little unfair to me since ST holders are getting a refund for the games they can’t attend, and of course it works out cheaper per match for them anyway.

;