Ajani Burchall turned down contract?

A massive shame, clubs our size need to bring through talent to exist. I can understand why he would want to join a Cat 1 side as if you do have the talent it needs to be tested every game to reach your pull potential. The scout who brought the lad over to this country deserves a lot of praise but the clubs ambition hasn’t backed that up.

Err, that's poor management. Get the kid on a contract before you give him a first team debut and alert every club out there that we have a hot prospect on the books.

We knew the kind of headlines it would generate so why on earth pick him for that match with him free to leave at the end of the season?

Err, that's poor management. Get the kid on a contract before you give him a first team debut and alert every club out there that we have a hot prospect on the books.

We knew the kind of headlines it would generate so why on earth pick him for that match with him free to leave at the end of the season?
I must admit, I thought that at the time.

Yes we all want to see youngsters do well, but it seems abit unnecessary to throw in a 16 year old who had never even trained with the first before, and who isn’t even on a contract at the club!

Reactions: DJ
We know that if we don’t go up then the younger players become key next season.

if we lose likes of Simpson, oforborh and burchill then this is becoming a big issue.

We are a Cat3 currently, I believe we're due £12,500 for each year that Burchall has been here. I haven't seen anything that answers how long he's been here, but you get the idea.

If we could ever get to Cat2, we'd be due £25,000 for each year. £40,000 a year for a Cat1 - Cat 1 move.

I must admit, I thought that at the time.

Yes we all want to see youngsters do well, but it seems abit unnecessary to throw in a 16 year old who had never even trained with the first before, and who isn’t even on a contract at the club!
Did you actually say that "at the time"?

We are a Cat3 currently, I believe we're due £12,500 for each year that Burchall has been here. I haven't seen anything that answers how long he's been here, but you get the idea.

If we could ever get to Cat2, we'd be due £25,000 for each year. £40,000 a year for a Cat1 - Cat 1 move.
Thanks! I knew it changed depending on Category of academies.

I think we will see English youngsters move around academies even more than before now due to the Brexit rules and clubs not being able to sign foreign kids

;