Alex Scott

At the moment, Hill seems to be Ireola's back up right back. But he's centre back really. Has a brilliant throw in, though.
Totally forgot about him. Could be a good option along with Smith snd the likely to be frequently unavailable Fredericks.

If way off pl level still, may be a season or two early for him to be considered a proper option to step in, but perhaps not.

Not sure how true the Fresneda rumours were, but that woukd indicate it is an are were looking at. I'd be very happy if we somehow signed him. Two of the best young full backs in the world signing for us!

Totally forgot about him. Could be a good option along with Smith snd the likely to be frequently unavailable Fredericks.

If way off pl level still, may be a season or two early for him to be considered a proper option to step in, but perhaps not.

Not sure how true the Fresneda rumours were, but that woukd indicate it is an are were looking at. I'd be very happy if we somehow signed him. Two of the best young full backs in the world signing for us!
We could chuck Mepham or Anthony over there in an extreme emergency.

RB is the least of our concerns at the moment. A CDM and a decent alternative to Solanke is the priority. IMO.

Problem with Frederick is spends more time injured than fit
I agree. But we have that circus trainer here now to work some magic.

I think the club will look to have two players for each position. Looking at the defence:

Smith/Fredericks
Zabarnyi/Mepham
Kelly/Senesi
Kerkez/Kelly

We then have Hill as back up.

If anything, we’re light on the left.

Yes but for me 2 defensive ones, we have a lot of options further forward
Not really.

We only really have Billing who can play that more advanced number eight midfield role, and he may well not even be here come the end of the window.

Cook is our only defensive minded midfielder who can really fulfil that number six role.

Rothwell is more of a box to box, I really don’t see how he fits in to Iraola’s way of playing, and judging by his severe lack of minutes in pre season, I’m not sure that he does either. He’s certainly not a defensive midfielder so he would have to play the more advanced role I suppose.

We only need two defensive midfielders for that one position, and we already have Cook. We need two more advanced midfielders for that number eight position, and we only have Billing, who is heavily rumoured to be on his way out.

The likes of Brooks, Christie and Traore will never be able to play effectively in a midfield two. We have a lot of number tens, the squad is quite imbalanced. I’d say we need one more defensive midfielder and one more advanced midfielder. Along with a right back and a striker.

Not really.

We only really have Billing who can play that more advanced number eight midfield role, and he may well not even be here come the end of the window.

Cook is our only defensive minded midfielder who can really fulfil that number six role.

Rothwell is more of a box to box, I really don’t see how he fits in to Iraola’s way of playing, and judging by his severe lack of minutes in pre season, I’m not sure that he does either. He’s certainly not a defensive midfielder so he would have to play the more advanced role I suppose.

We only need two defensive midfielders for that one position, and we already have Cook. We need two more advanced midfielders for that number eight position, and we only have Billing, who is heavily rumoured to be on his way out.

The likes of Brooks, Christie and Traore will never be able to play effectively in a midfield two. We have a lot of number tens, the squad is quite imbalanced. I’d say we need one more defensive midfielder and one more advanced midfielder. Along with a right back and a striker.
Think that's spot on with our needs.

We could chuck Mepham or Anthony over there in an extreme emergency.

RB is the least of our concerns at the moment. A CDM and a decent alternative to Solanke is the priority. IMO.
Meps can't play there. Parker tried that and he couldn't get forward at all. Anthony is a better bet, but he's not a natural defender so he would probably only be a possible wing back option. We need a right back. Smithy will likely get injured or suspended at some point and we need a decent back up. Chances are that Fredericks won't be fit or injury free.

Meps can't play there. Parker tried that and he couldn't get forward at all. Anthony is a better bet, but he's not a natural defender so he would probably only be a possible wing back option. We need a right back. Smithy will likely get injured or suspended at some point and we need a decent back up. Chances are that Fredericks won't be fit or injury free.
Smithy is getting old and will struggle as the season progresses as he’s to slow

Ivan Fresneda seems to be very much back on Barcelona’s radar.

I agree with R&R, 25m for a championship player is a big risk and a lot of money. Would he even be a guaranteed starter in our team?
I didn’t say sign him - I have never seen him play so I don’t know - I just said comparing £25m for him with £25m for lerma is fundamentally flawed.

I recall david brooks was rated at £20m plus but we got him cheap due to illness so maybe Scott is worth that much, I don’t know and unlike many I admit that.

Why are you being confrontational. I have made a valid point. Scott is an excellent player but is not worth 25m. There are many other posters on this thread who agree with me. 12 to 15m is fair price for a player from the Championship who has not been tested at PL level.
Because I have seen your **************** for years on the echo, and you can't help yourself with your valid points, always with a negative slant.

You should rename yourself Unreality and negativity.

Not really.

Rothwell is coming back from injury.

I think what it does tell us is to take various reports with caution.

It seemed Wolves were more or less out of the signing of Scott in recent days due to financial reasons.

;