Alex Scott

Be handy to have fullback on the bench. Having said that, I can just imagine him coming on for an injured Smith, only to last 5 minutes himself. :rolleyes:

Know what you mean. Scars run deep don't they !

We'll turn into over protective/helicopter parents, scared sh1tless they'll get hurt.

good job we weren't forced into rushing anyone back in too soon yesterday like Scott, as some of our boys looked a but leggy and half a yard off it and we might have been forced into some other changes going for a winner

bit of extra rest in the legs all round yesterday turned out, despite it being an opportunity missed for 3 points.

good job we weren't forced into rushing anyone back in too soon yesterday like Scott, as some of our boys looked a but leggy and half a yard off it and we might have been forced into some other changes going for a winner

bit of extra rest in the legs all round yesterday turned out, despite it being an opportunity missed for 3 points.
Opportunity remains, good to have a game in hand against the 18th place team.

Will be a very nice problem for AI to have.

Well if Christie and Cook continue the way they have, Scott can be eased in carefully rather than thrown in at the deep end. He can come on in matches to give Ryan and Lewis a bit of a rest and provide really good competition. I think it will be helpful for him to be eased in rather than having the pressure of having to step in.

once Scott is back and then adams we will have some good competition for cm. having 2 fresh stes of legs towards then run in might be vital

Well if Christie and Cook continue the way they have, Scott can be eased in carefully rather than thrown in at the deep end. He can come on in matches to give Ryan and Lewis a bit of a rest and provide really good competition. I think it will be helpful for him to be eased in rather than having the pressure of having to step in.
I was wondering today whether AI would choose to play him in the current Kluivert role. Would love to see him unpicking defences further forward and currently don’t feel as though we should split Christie and Cook up.

I was wondering today whether AI would choose to play him in the current Kluivert role. Would love to see him unpicking defences further forward and currently don’t feel as though we should split Christie and Cook up.
Definitely a possibility.

With Cook, Christie, Billing and Scott healthy, there are several good options to mix it up and keep them all well rested.

I can’t wait to see what Andoni has in mind once Scott is fully fit, but definitely see him breaking into the starting lineup before anyone else besides the full backs.

I was wondering today whether AI would choose to play him in the current Kluivert role. Would love to see him unpicking defences further forward and currently don’t feel as though we should split Christie and Cook .
This. I am still to be convinced by Kluivert. Not saying he is a bad player, but in my eyes often flatters to deceive. Scott has far more guile and ability to influence the game. The thought of Scott in a roaming no. 10 role excites me greatly.

Scott's a direct free kick taker as well, isn't he? I guess the more flexibility the team and individual players have the better. It will help us to rest players, cover injuries/suspensions and be less predictable to opponants.

It’s interesting because I also think Phil needs to play. He is a special player that wins games out of nothing. I know this is not a universal view but it’s mine!

So how do all those pieces slot together. What is our first choice midfield!

Either way I think Justin is back on the wing

As good as they've been I don't think Christie and Cook are nailed on starters every week. It's going to be a real battle for places all over the pitch soon. Apart from Dom's position obviously.

As good as they've been I don't think Christie and Cook are nailed on starters every week. It's going to be a real battle for places all over the pitch soon. Apart from Dom's position obviously.

Agree. I think it won't take long for Scott to displace Christie imo. Tbh, assuming Scott is fit, it will be useful to be able to rotate/rest players like this.

Agree. I think it won't take long for Scott to displace Christie imo. Tbh, assuming Scott is fit, it will be useful to be able to rotate/rest players like this.

There's going to be a number of players who've not really done much wrong being left out.

Christie would be unlucky to lose his place but I think he may do against sides we need better creative quality rather than pure energy.

Phil Bill a bit hard done by as it is and I thought he improved us in the brief bit we saw of him on Saturday so wouldn't be surprised if he gets the nod against certain teams.

Sinisterra is unlucky as it is and if one of Kluivert, Semenyo or Tav makes way to accommodate Billing or Scott then they'd be unlucky too.

What's he going to do when Kelly is fit? He may not put him straight back in but that's not how it's been with Kelly up until now.

Who'd be a manager? Nice problems to have I suppose.

Christie and Cook will need a break at some point. It’s impossible to maintain the performances they are week in week out for the duration of the season.

Scott looks like he could operate in either the 6 or the 8 to give them a rest. He could operate as the 10, like a Billing or a Brooks could. But they’d operate more central whereas one of the big positives of Kluivert has been how he utilises the whole width of the pitch and how the benefits the wingers.

This however wasn’t the case against Luton as we had made a few tactical tweaks and over thought things in the first half. But I haven’t really felt the desire to analyse much all things considered.

Christie and Cook will have to be suspended or injured for them to lose their places, lots of games to come in the next few weeks, we will need as many available as possible

Christie and Cook will need a break at some point. It’s impossible to maintain the performances they are week in week out for the duration of the season.

Scott looks like he could operate in either the 6 or the 8 to give them a rest. He could operate as the 10, like a Billing or a Brooks could. But they’d operate more central whereas one of the big positives of Kluivert has been how he utilises the whole width of the pitch and how the benefits the wingers.

This however wasn’t the case against Luton as we had made a few tactical tweaks and over thought things in the first half. But I haven’t really felt the desire to analyse much all things considered.
I think a lot of us knew that we'd need Billing to play a big part against Luton.

I think a lot of us knew that we'd need Billing to play a big part against Luton.

We made a few tweaks. We played out from the back more as we didn’t want to go direct against their defence. This enabled them to press us more and caused us problems as we didn’t have the direct option.

Tav, Semenyo, Kluivert all operated in their set positions rather than being fluid and it all made it slightly easier for Luton to panic us.

;