Alex Scott

He certainly did. He looks like he has a renewed fire in his belly, which is great to see. Phil's had little competition within the team for some years and this may be reflected in his languid style. In the last couple of games he has looked far more physical. He has reacted very well to his benching. Says a lot about the man's character.
Maybe he has also started to listen to AI and seen the way he wants the team to play.

It’s interesting because I also think Phil needs to play. He is a special player that wins games out of nothing. I know this is not a universal view but it’s mine!

So how do all those pieces slot together. What is our first choice midfield!

Either way I think Justin is back on the wing
Personally I think he is having more of an impact coming on around the 60 minute mark .

Rips Fulham apart for our first goal against Fulham and in the process lays on an easy chance for Kluivert, who fluffs an easy shot between the keepers legs, but still just about manages to score our first goal.

Kluivert then bizarrely keeps his place for the next game over Scott, where Scott eventually comes on as sub and scores! Wow!

Rips Fulham apart for our first goal against Fulham and in the process lays on an easy chance for Kluivert, who fluffs an easy shot between the keepers legs, but still just about manages to score our first goal.

Kluivert then bizarrely keeps his place for the next game over Scott, where Scott eventually comes on as sub and scores! Wow!
Probably fair to be cautious with young Alex Scott considering his age and his injury record this season.

I think the manager really likes Kluivert's work rate and positioning. Scott will start the majority of games but it's clear that the manager values the ability to carry out the plan as opposed to picking the best goalscorers - see also Billing not being favoured in the starting eleven.

That's not to say there's anything wrong with Scott's work rate etc. I just think it's understandable that the boss picks Kluivert.

Wow I know we were defearwd but why the need for such a negative post!?

I personally don't see Scott as a 10 like JL is playing, he is more of a box to box CM and think that's where AI sees him. He came on against Spurs in that position.

Secondly he was dropped for Cook not JL. As others have said it was sensible given his injury record

Wow I know we were defearwd but why the need for such a negative post!?

I personally don't see Scott as a 10 like JL is playing, he is more of a box to box CM and think that's where AI sees him. He came on against Spurs in that position.

Secondly he was dropped for Cook not JL. As others have said it was sensible given his injury record

He lasted 90 mins against Fulham, so see no reason why he shouldn't have retained his place today.

Your claim that he was dropped for Cook and not JL is laughable, particularly as his creativity is obviously more effective further up the pitch!

Did Scott come on as a number 10?

He lasted 90 mins against Fulham, so see no reason why he shouldn't have retained his place today.

Your claim that he was dropped for Cook and not JL is laughable, particularly as his creativity is obviously more effective further up the pitch!
The fact we're not sure who was dropped for who is a positive thing I think. It shows we have different players who can play multiple positions. This is going to help with cover/competition for places and confuse opposition teams as our players are able to shift between roles within matches. All good.

He lasted 90 due to lack of options which may well have contributed to today's decision as he could have been more tired.

I don't doubt he is more creative than Cook but he played in Cooks position against Fulham so was dropped for Cook, probably because Cook is seen to be better defensively too

He will flourish as a ten one day, Look at his two finishes today. He needs to be in the box. Can also play as an 8. Not defensively strong or aware enough for the 6 role hence why he made way for Cook.

He will flourish as a ten one day, Look at his two finishes today. He needs to be in the box. Can also play as an 8. Not defensively strong or aware enough for the 6 role hence why he made way for Cook.
he has the foot work for a 10, he can receive the ball in tight areas and will find a pass.
I think he is more suited to a 8 now (that's what I have seen him play) but can transition into a 10 role with ease, as a 8 he will/should be around or in the box at times as well, his ability to pick the pass is something our front line doesn't consistently show

;