Alex Scott

Chain free perhaps, but potentially still dependent on other targets. For example, the number one choice might have been Fresneda. It might only have become clear in the last week that he is not prepared to leave Spain or that Barcelona have cobbled enough money together to meet his release clause.

Not saying this is what happened, just using it as a hypothetical example.

I don't, and neither does anybody else. However, if the priority is to get the players in early as it often was under EH, then you can make a take it now or we leave it and move on to another target earlier in the window.

Nobody here knows what really happened, it's all supposition or based on small leaks here and there.

And, I'll say it again because people seem to be missing the point, I'm really happy with the business we've done. I'm not criticising it. However, I can also recognise someone else having a potentially legitimate point to make about a different approach.

That is of course if he's assuming that Aarons and Scott were our first choice.

All hypothetical but what if we were going for Fresneda and was wating to see what Barcelona or other 'big clubs' were doing before we tried? Only to find out that it's not going to happen, and then we decide to go and secure the deal with Norwich instead? Many things have to fall into place but people fail to understand.
Exactly, as I mentioned in another post.

How long a period can you realistically blame performances on signing players towards the end of the window?

Once that period is over how can you measure the success or failure against the FFP impact of signing those players earlier or signing alternative less desirable alternatives?

I can't see how it can be anything other than just a personal interpretation.

This is actually something that concerns me about it all. A few weeks here or there with transfers is no big deal in the long run if you get decent players. You'd think that Foley etc. had a proper plan and weren't going to hit FFP trouble but as far as I can see every club other than Chelsea runs into FFP trouble.

I don't, and neither does anybody else. However, if the priority is to get the players in early as it often was under EH, then you can make a take it now or we leave it and move on to another target earlier in the window.

Nobody here knows what really happened, it's all supposition or based on small leaks here and there.

And, I'll say it again because people seem to be missing the point, I'm really happy with the business we've done. I'm not criticising it. However, I can also recognise someone else having a potentially legitimate point to make about a different approach.
I don't think anyone is disputing that. It's just it gets irritating to constantly read that the club should have done this, or should have done that, when it is always coming from people that haven't got a clue what they're talking about.

Hopefully you are correct. However, for the first three or four games it will be more like paper mache, cardboard and straw as the proposed new signings will not have had enough time to gel with the rest of the squad. Aarons has been injured for most of pre-season and will not be fit to play and Scott will need time to adjust.
Aarons played in the Under 21 final one Month ago. His club then probably granted him additional time off.

That is the reality here.

We've signed an injured RB who can't play on Saturday ? No ? Really ? Hells Fires !..

That's....well that's....that's....crikey Batman i'm actually lost for words...

:clap:

Chain free perhaps, but potentially still dependent on other targets. For example, the number one choice might have been Fresneda. It might only have become clear in the last week that he is not prepared to leave Spain or that Barcelona have cobbled enough money together to meet his release clause.

Not saying this is what happened, just using it as a hypothetical example.
It also depends on the player. Weird.

Correct. However, he was late back after being away for the England U21's and has also picked up a niggle and has hardly trained This would indicate that he will not be match fit for Saturday. Plus the fact the he has not trained with our squad and will be unfamiliar. This is another reason why he will not be included on Saturday. What worries me is that we will be starting with no recognised right back against West Ham of whom will exploit this weakness along with other players who may well be playing out of position in out staring eleven.

Correct. However, he was late back after being away for the England U21's and has also picked up a niggle and has hardly trained This would indicate that he will not be match fit for Saturday. Plus the fact the he has not trained with our squad and will be unfamiliar. This is another reason why he will not be included on Saturday. What worries me is that we will be starting with no recognised right back against West Ham of whom will exploit this weakness along with other players who may well be playing out of position in out staring eleven.
Woe! Woe! and thrice Woe!!

Carry on worrying.

Seriously, what is it with the “of whom”?

Excellent news, and price! Shame about the knock though, but given how they've walked away from other deals I guess they must be confident in him recovering soon enough with no potential for a long term layoff.

The season is more than one game. Even if he was fit there would be no way he would start, or be on the bench without a few training sessions with AI.

I believe it was Max Aarons that was away with the U21's.

The reality is this thread is about Alex Scott.

I bid you good day.

;