Alex Scott

Irritated ? : The Polar ice caps are melting at an alarming rate...Dean Court( aka Vitality Stadium or whatever it will be) could be under water in less than 60 years from now....that will be 'irritating' !
By then we will at least probably have assembled a pretty decent water polo squad, if Foley's form so far is anything to go by ! :p :thumbup:

aquatic:utc:

So who do you blame for this prophecy of losing our first three games then?
I would say the blame lies with our recruitment staff for not getting deals done a lot quicker. As you are probably aware the chances of us getting anything away at Liverpool and at home to Spurs are fairly slim. This is not negativity but realism. Yes I would love us to get a result tomorrow, but due to the number of player unavailable this id highly unlikely. My biggest fear is that we will suffer defeats in put first three games and wind up rooted to the bottom of the table before the season has taken shape. This will not be down to lack of effort from the players, it will be down to injuries to key players.

Exactly... You only have to read the first line of a Brian post and it has Brian written all over it.
I don't even read them back for editing most times...it's straight off the brain...down my arm and fingers and into the ether....and I don't give a water buffaloes f√ck if he don't read them...innit Popeye.

While you're here Steven (and I fully appreciate this is the wrong thread) may I please ask you whether you think Max Aaron's injury will still prevent him from playing any part in the early part of this season?
By the time that Aarrons has regained full match fitness and familiarised himself with our squad I would estimate that he will be back for the fourth game of the season. One will also now note that Scott is now out for at least two months according to the Echo.

I agree that we will lose a few games while his system kicks in. I am puzzled as to why you think we will avoid defeat against West Ham when we have so many players unavailable and others playing out of position. West Ham will exploit this surely? We then have to face Liverpool and Spurs with the same players. The start of this season could end up rather like the start of last season.
Which players are going to be played out of position?

The reality is that having players out of action through injury is all part and parcel of running a professional football club - it's normal. It's irrelevant whether they have just joined the club or been with it for years. The trick is to make sure that you have enough cover for when the inevitable happens. Putting us in a situation where we have a squad of 30 good and versatile players that we are able to call on seems to me a good way of achieving this, which is what AFCB has done with its recent acquisitions.
It is also realistic to have well qualified medical staff on the books to repair those injuries, as we do, and a bonus to have enough players in the squad so that the injured ones don't have to be rushed back before they have fully recovered.

Last edited:
By the time that Aarrons has regained full match fitness and familiarised himself with our squad I would estimate that he will be back for the fourth game of the season. One will also now note that Scott is now out for at least two months according to the Echo.
From AI's own mouth via COWS:
"The head coach concluded by discussing another addition in the form of Max Aarons, who signed from Norwich City on Thursday to become the club's sixth summer signing.

"I think for his age, he has already got a lot of Premier League games under his belt. He has been playing at this level and he has international experience, especially from the summer.

"He will help us straight away. He's young, but he is experienced and he will help us.""

From AI's own mouth via COWS:
"The head coach concluded by discussing another addition in the form of Max Aarons, who signed from Norwich City on Thursday to become the club's sixth summer signing.

"I think for his age, he has already got a lot of Premier League games under his belt. He has been playing at this level and he has international experience, especially from the summer.

"He will help us straight away. He's young, but he is experienced and he will help us.""
If he is ready then great! But unfamiliarity with our players could be a problem.

So his match fitness fell off a cliff after playing in a major final just one month ago.

So his match fitness fell off a cliff after playing in a major final just one month ago.
What a silly ill thought out comment. You know yourself that if one has not played competitively for a month then ones match fitness will not up to scratch. This is not Sunday League football, this is the PL. There is also the unfamiliarity aspect of not knowing our players. He needs a good fortnightS trianing to get him up to speed. A run out with the development squad should be his next game IMO.

What a silly ill thought out comment. You know yourself that if one has not played competitively for a month then ones match fitness will not up to scratch. This is not Sunday League football, this is the PL. There is also the unfamiliarity aspect of not knowing our players. He needs a good fortnightS trianing to get him up to speed. A run out with the development squad should be his next game IMO.

You don't have a clue what his fitness levels are, or any of the other players. We will find out tomorrow.

;