Alex Scott

The reality is that Aarons is not injured, but probably will not start. Not sure thats the end of the world.
West ham have signed one player, who also probably won't start, given it was yesterday.
This is also a good time to be playing them, but as we all know in the Premier league, anything can happen.

The reality is that having players out of action through injury is all part and parcel of running a professional football club - it's normal. It's irrelevant whether they have just joined the club or been with it for years. The trick is to make sure that you have enough cover for when the inevitable happens. Putting us in a situation where we have a squad of 30 good and versatile players that we are able to call on seems to me a good way of achieving this, which is what AFCB has done with its recent acquisitions.
It is also realistic to have well qualified medical staff on the books to repair those injuries, as we do, and a bonus to have enough players in the squad so that the injured ones don't have to be rushed back before they have fully recovered.
In fairness, you may well be correct. However, how many other PL clubs are there that will start the season without a recognised available right back? In addition, how many other PL clubs would sign a right back one day before the season start who is clearly unfit to play and and a midfielder that will be out for two months? We have also not taken on your trick of having enough cover. In truth! We haven't!

Kindest Regards

R&Rs return to the threads is causing some alarm....but adding some spice.
Projecting the negatives is an essential thing as I see it..you can't just gloss over everything with gung-ho garbage linked to transfers and moronic crap about managers. Expectations are rarely met in the PL....October and November usually signals a Moanfest !
..so I think maybe it's OK if he sticks around a bit longer this time.

In fairness, you may well be correct. However, how many other PL clubs are there that will start the season without a recognised available right back? In addition, how many other PL clubs would sign a right back one day before the season start who is clearly unfit to play and and a midfielder that will be out for two months? We have also not taken on your trick of having enough cover. In truth! We haven't!

Kindest Regards
Max Aarons is a recognised right back and he is available to play.
Also do you seriously believe that playing with new team mates in your best position is a bigger hindrance to performance than playing in an altogether unfamiliar position?
He's expected to play as a right back and pass the ball to the other blokes wearing the red and black shirts FFS. How difficult will that be for an experienced professional international right back?

I would say Anthony at right back and Senesi the centre of midfield are maybe just two of them as per the last friendly.
I doubt both of those will happen. I expect the midfield to be Cook, Rothwell & Billing & Aarons will play right back. He could even play Billing in a deeper role with Traore further forward. I find it highly unlikely he would start with Senesi in midfield.

Kindest Regards
Do you ever have anything positive to say about anything? You seem to wallow in pessimism.

What a silly ill thought out comment. You know yourself that if one has not played competitively for a month then ones match fitness will not up to scratch. This is not Sunday League football, this is the PL. There is also the unfamiliarity aspect of not knowing our players. He needs a good fortnightS trianing to get him up to speed. A run out with the development squad should be his next game IMO.
Who has played 'competitively' in the last month?

Many as most players have played pre-season friendlies of some sort of which are competitive to aquire match fitness. Aarons, unfortunately has not and so, will not be fit to play.

Regards
Not what the manager is saying, but not the end of the world if someone else starts. Its why we have a squad, hill and Anthony have both played there in pre season.
At least we now have more cover at right back

It is not pessimism. It is realism and reality. Are you saying that what I have stated today is totally inaccurate?
No what you say is possible but your views are always on the pessimistic side. In fact in some cases your views are unlikely to happen.
I would imagine you view a glass as half empty rather than half full. It must be so depressing to always look for the downside in everything.

Not what the manager is saying, but not the end of the world if someone else starts. Its why we have a squad, hill and Anthony have both played there in pre season.
At least we now have more cover at right back
What you have to take into account is that Anthony may well play at right back, but, is he going to be effective in that position? Bearing min mind that he will have to defend out of possession. Playing in that role in a pre-season game is hardly a comparison for playing there in a PL encounter. One may as well play Randolph as right back for all the use Anthony will be. Anthony is a left sided midfielder and so is not up the defensive duties in a cut and thrust PL game. West Ham will have noted this and will press up against him knowing full well that he is not a defender.

If I was the West Ham manager I would be telling my players to attack Bournemouths right side as they have a player playing out of position who cannot defend.

;