Alex Scott

Scott has been unfortunate this season because the only role in the team that he is suited to play is occupied by a player who has made himself undroppable (Christie.) Seen him play enough times now to know he’s definitely not a number ten and he certainly isn’t a six either. If he’s shoe horned into being a ten then he’ll probably continue to look poor because he isn’t an attacker.

Not at all. This would have been looked at extensively at the medical team and plan would have been made on numerous factors. The would be an element of risk and reward which would of been agreed by all parties. The problem will be even with the best plans in the world you cannot predict outcomes. You can't say this rehab protocol will stop you from getting injured again or another injury occuring.

There are no basic rehabilitation/reconditioning procedures in elite sport (if it was that simple you could just go on Google to get a rehab protocol for a certain injury). Every case is completely different to each individual. This is the problem, people think the human body is simple (this is why we hear the phrases -"run it off", "stretch it out" or "play their way to fitness").

You will have hypothesis and beliefs from some medical teams and then some will have a completely opposing view.. .based on experience and literature they have been exposed to ... This is why sometimes a manager brings in their own medical teams when they join a couple, because they are more in line with their own thoughts process.

For the second point... Again there is no 'basic stuff' (there isn't a recipe style book for injury protocol). You make a clinical impression based on, but not limited to the following:
1: the injury
2: previous injuries
3: the mechanics of how it occured
4: previous indirect injuries
5: training regime
6: physiological factors
7: Nutritional factors
8: intrinsic factors
9: strength and conditioning
10: schedule ahead - return to phase
11: history

As you can imagine this is completely different for every single player/person even if the injury is the same (take an ACL injury for example - note how there a varied recovery times and also the difference in performance on return between individuals).

For professional background: I started off as a qualified sports therapists around 20 years ago. I took an interest in lower limb injuries. In particular ankle & knee injuries. I worked in football for a short time before choosing to complete a graduate physio degree. From there i worked for myself in a clinic, specializing again in lower limb injuries in athletes, mainly amateur but some professional/semi-professional. I am now pursuing further within clinical anatomy in particular the ankle. Hope that helps.

Should also add some research to what I was basing my points on (surely this would be more relevant than professional background which one could easily make up).

The original point (can't remember who made it) was in relation to incorrect point that because it was the other knee, the previous injury played no role, see the below research to show this is incorrect:

https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/20062970/ (granted this is specific to ACL injuries)

The person above said it best none of us (whatever your background - or however many 'physio mates' we know) know anywhere near the full facts and details about this particular injury or the players history. So anything we come up is pure speculation
So now we've proven that Waz is physio&football, due to Waz retiring KingKieffer on the 4th November 2023, and then physio&football username was born........on, wait for it............. the 4th November 2023.

physio&football likes to refer to himself as 'one'

"which one could easily make up" (see above post with reference to his qualifications)

There is only one other person who refers to themselves in this manner and its.........

Well you know who it is, and the usernames are so similar physio&football, realityandrealism.

Can't believe that no one actually thinks that Waz isnt realityandrealism.

It was obvious from the day he started posting.

Pond life Waz has sociopathic tendencies.

Don't take it personally, Neil was critical of Eddie Howe's side injury record claiming that he knew better despite statistically it being average for the league with much more mature infrastructure at literally every other club.

Personally, I appreciate your insight including the humility that comes with being an expert in your field.
An expert in his field.

It was Waz.

You have a keen eye Kudos.

Scott has been unfortunate this season because the only role in the team that he is suited to play is occupied by a player who has made himself undroppable (Christie.) Seen him play enough times now to know he’s definitely not a number ten and he certainly isn’t a six either. If he’s shoe horned into being a ten then he’ll probably continue to look poor because he isn’t an attacker.
Agree with this, he’s not looked right the majority of appearances and seems to be the positions. Probably asking too much of him which has then affected his performances and then confidence.

The concern (for me) with him is he might end up being like Lewis Cook, where he showed promise but hardly played. Of course Cook had series knee injuries but my point is it took a long time for him to fully establish himself. I think Scott will probably come good though, as long as he’s managed well and stays fit.

Agree with this, he’s not looked right the majority of appearances and seems to be the positions. Probably asking too much of him which has then affected his performances and then confidence.

The concern (for me) with him is he might end up being like Lewis Cook, where he showed promise but hardly played. Of course Cook had series knee injuries but my point is it took a long time for him to fully establish himself. I think Scott will probably come good though, as long as he’s managed well and stays fit.
Lol.

An expert in his field.

It was Waz.

You have a keen eye Kudos.
Her field ;)

Playing the post not the poster and the linked studies are really interesting TBF. Apologies for trying to make a new poster feel welcome.

On a related note:

15 - Multiple registrations (usernames) are prohibited and are grounds for immediate account deletion.

Her field ;)

Playing the post not the poster and the linked studies are really interesting TBF. Apologies for trying to make a new poster feel welcome.

On a related note:

15 - Multiple registrations (usernames) are prohibited and are grounds for immediate account deletion.

So why hasn't rule 15 been actioned?

The new poster was Waz, who had just downloaded ChatGPT

We would like to take everyone at face value, but it was more than obvious it was the same user, with new monikers, over and over again.

It seems he has been fooling almost all of the people most of the time.

But not many people never.

What did we think of Scott playing wide last night? Not an option I was expecting but good to know he’s got it in the locker.

I thought it kept his job a little more simple instead of having the full field to think about, and he looked lively. Got muscled out of things which is inevitable I guess but some nice touches and flashes of skill. End product will hopefully come in time.

What did we think of Scott playing wide last night? Not an option I was expecting but good to know he’s got it in the locker.

I thought it kept his job a little more simple instead of having the full field to think about, and he looked lively. Got muscled out of things which is inevitable I guess but some nice touches and flashes of skill. End product will hopefully come in time.
Kluivert played wide....Scott played as the 10.....Thought Scott looked very classy....interacted with Christie and Cook beautifully.

Kluivert played wide....Scott played as the 10.....Thought Scott looked very classy....interacted with Christie and Cook beautifully.
Certainly fluidity to it, but to my eyes I thought Scott was mostly starting wide to cut in on the ball. I guess it keeps the opposition guessing as much as us! :)

Certainly fluidity to it, but to my eyes I thought Scott was mostly starting wide to cut in on the ball. I guess it keeps the opposition guessing as much as us! :)

Definitely fluid, looking at the average positions from Matt.

Christie was more of a number 6 alongside Cook, also as a 6, or “double pivot” to coin the recent phrase. Where as usually Christie is an 8.

This then had both full backs pushed on, when quite often we’ve only done an overload on one flank.

Definitely fluid, looking at the average positions from Matt.

Christie was more of a number 6 alongside Cook, also as a 6, or “double pivot” to coin the recent phrase. Where as usually Christie is an 8.

This then had both full backs pushed on, when quite often we’ve only done an overload on one flank.
Yeah I'd say Scott played more of an 8 than a 10.....Kluivert did come inside a lot to take up the positions he usually does.....it all just worked.....totally different to how we've played all season really.

It looked like he had a strong penalty claim in the 2nd half. Did anyone get a better look at it or did I have my rose tinted specs on?

No doubt we will get him to bulk up a bit in the close season -he can look far too lightweight at this level.
His ability and class though is there for all to see.

;