'ammer's forum

"We're not a top 4 team yet, not even a top 6 but that is changing."
How many years have you been saying that?
Reminds me of a Bob Dylan song.
The club's highest league position to date came in 1985–86, when they achieved third place in the then First Division.
In 1999, West Ham finished fifth, their highest position in the top flight since 1986.

First we needed the stadium and a settling period with owners who (quite frankly most of us hate/hated). We then needed to ensure we established ourselves as a Premiership team. I think we've done that now and with our manager and the team he's building then i think things are changing. I am not sure all West Ham fans like it; old school Irons hated the move and many I know simply can't set foot inside the new stadium. Saying that, love them or hate them the dildos and Brady negotiated an incredible deal and that deal is what will attract the investment. We need a team performing at a top 8 level to get the buyer and that is what's happening. The top 6 will, in my view move to a top 8. Owners and players want predominately to be London or Manchester based which is another reason I am more hopeful of success. Man City, Man U, and Liverpool are streets ahead in my view (perhaps Chelsea too) but Spurs and Arsenal (in decline with no funds available) are still catchable for the likes of us and Everton. In 3-5 years time things will have changed for sure.

West 'Am are a funny club. Not one I have much issue with [ no idea why we would upset some of their support so much to be honest ] - but I do have a real grind with their horrible one song about bubbles....its a terrible dirge...on a par with Wendy Saints as the worst football chant of all time. And it's all they bleeding well sing! For that alone....that should be a Room 101 entry.

...I kinda like songs being synonymous with clubs like;

You'll Never Walk Alone - Liverpool
Delilah - Stoke City
Blue Moon - Manchester City
When The Saints - Southampton
I'm Forever Blowing Bubbles - West Ham United
Goodnight Irene - Bristol Rovers
When The Red Red Robin - Bristol City
Blaydon Races - Newcastle United
We'll Never Die - Manchester United
Marching On Together - Leeds United
Z Cars Theme - Everton

...must be more?... I just can't think of them at the moment

Delilah - Stoke City
Z Cars Theme - Everton

Glad All Over - Palace
Sh*t Caroline - AFCB ;-)

Delilah - Stoke City
Z Cars Theme - Everton

Keep Right On to the End of the Road - Birmingham City

Delilah - Stoke City
Z Cars Theme - Everton

Arsenal - 4′33″

Forbes' top 20 most valuable football teams
  • 1. Manchester United $3.69bn (£2.86bn)
  • 2. Barcelona $3.64bn (£2.82bn)
  • 3. Real Madrid $3.58bn (£2.77bn)
  • 4. Bayern Munich $2.71bn (£2.1bn)
  • 5. Manchester City $2.08bn (£1.61bn)
  • 6. Arsenal $1.93bn (£1.5bn)
  • 7. Chelsea $1.85bn (£1.43bn)
  • 8. Liverpool $1.49bn (£1.15bn)
  • 9. Juventus $1.26bn (£976m)
  • 10. Tottenham $1.06bn (£821m)
  • 11. Paris St-Germain $841m (£652m)
  • 12. Borussia Dortmund $808m (£626m)
  • 13. AC Milan $802m (£621m)
  • 14. Atletico Madrid $732m (£567m)
  • 15. West Ham $634m (£491m)
  • 16. Schalke 04 $629m (£487m)
  • 17. Roma $569m (£441m)
  • 18. Inter Milan $537m (£416m)
  • 19. Leicester City $413m (£320m)
  • 20. Napoli $379m (£294m)
15th in the world is hardly 'Small or Tin Pot' Neither is selling out 60,000 every other week from here on in. (Previously only 54,000 or 4.6 times your attendance). Yes we recognise Bournemouth (good team and play nice football) no we're definitely not scared of Bournemouth. We're not a top 4 team yet, not even a top 6 but that is changing.
15th most valuable team in the world but barely even the 15th best in the premier league.............

I don't think I boasted about our ground at all. I think I merely stated that we get HUGE crowds to due being an extremely well supported team. In terms of fans disregarding us; frankly we couldn't really care less what other fans think, nor should we.
Genuine question here, are they WH fans, or tourists in London able to see PL footie.?
Not saying I'd blame you for taking the opportunity, but being handed a large stadium, good transport infrastructure as a result of the Olympics, fans can tick off PL football, and a trip to an Olympic stadium in one go. Which business wouldn't exploit that, but whilst I'd say you have great and passionate support through history, the numbers nowadays are easily distorted from being fans of the club

I do so enjoy stealing prizes off the big clubs. And that means stealing 10th place and forcing them into 11th. After all theyre entitled to finish in the top half.

They're hardly big. Arsenal, Chelsea and Spurs are big. They're in a league with Palace, Watford, Fulham and Millwall.

If I were you I'd worry more about what you're doing in Kings Park and if your benefactor will cough up to get a stadium upgrade.[/QUOTE]

Yes, I think the majority of our fans know that, if we're going to keep our manager and maintain this level of football for long.

We don't need no song!
but someone wrote this once;

Come on Boscombe Town,
Never let us down,
Your the team that we adore,
Score a goal and score some more......plus another worse verse.
To the tune " knees up mother Brown " circa 1963/64

I prefer the more modern " We score when we want.we score when we want ..we are Afcbournemouth we score when we want!
The only trouble is the opposition seem to score when they want.....and more often! .....mmmm!

and when we do 'player songs' they seem to stop still on the pitch listening to it and it all goes to f##k! i.e Afobe! Iturbe!

No.. Let's leave the songs alone ...and Caroline ? ..leave her back with Neil Diamond!
Dreams are what we do best!

Last edited:

;