Andoni Iraola

100 million has been spent as you rightly say.

Can't say we've seen 100 million of improvement.

Yes we are slightly better, but not 100 million quid better.

The money spent doesn't mean it was well spent.
No, it doesn’t

But think GON would play more attacking football if he had the option to use the likes of kluivert, sinisterra, Scott, unal, semenyo who are decent value at £70m combined

Can see how well he is using wolves attacking options plus he knows how to defend against the top 6 sides. AI hasn’t proved that yet despite the bigging up of his wins over Barcelona and Real.

Think Citeh next week is a good test of how good a coach AI really is. I hope he proves it of course as i genuinely want AI to do well.

No, it doesn’t

But think GON would play more attacking football if he had the option to use the likes of kluivert, sinisterra, Scott, unal, semenyo who are decent value at £70m combined

Can see how well he is using wolves attacking options plus he knows how to defend against the top 6 sides. AI hasn’t proved that yet despite the bigging up of his wins over Barcelona and Real.

Think Citeh next week is a good test of how good a coach AI is. I hope he proves it of course as i genuinely want AI to do well
70 million combined for the ones you've listed?

Agree with what you say, but your mathematics is way off.

How on earth have those 5 players only cost 70 million?

That makes them 14 million each.

I'll get you to 70 million very quickly, and it's these 3:

Outtara
Sinisterra
Adams

None are even worth a quarter of the outlay, given their impact on results.

So we have wasted 50 million quid on players who have equivalents who could have been signed for the square root of fck all.

Outtara looks like Bambi on ice and isn't worth 4 million at this stage.

Sinisterra looks the better of the 3, but 20 million is just ridiculous.hes a 3 or 4 million pound player.

Adams, been about 300,000 quids worth or value right now.

Whoever is sanctioning 20 million quid deals for shyte players needs to be sacked.

And it's not like there haven't been a few of them.

I'm yet to see one of Richard Hughes 20 million pound players go up in value.

At this stage it looks like he's bought Primark clothes when he was originally shopping for Armani.

Last edited:
Having watched the game, and then the highlights we see Lewis Cook gift the opponents 2 goals in 2 games.

We went 1-0 down against Fulham when he didn't clear the lines and fell over. Arguably affecting the games momentum.

Again today, another Cook error, who laid it on a plate for Ritchie with his inability to clear the line.

It's stupid decisions that have been costing us points due to individual errors.

Smith, Cook twice, Kelly a few games ago.

Cook is tidy, but error prone, same with Smith who lacks discipline.

We are just about 2 or 3 players (starters) away from being a very good side who could push the top 10.
I'm sorry having watched the highlights I realise you have anti Cook agenda and no idea of the game.....no way he could react to that situation. The issue is Kelly falling over before that happens ( although not necessarily judging him for that either)

70 million combined for the ones you've listed?

Agree with what you say, but your mathematics is way off.

How on earth have those 5 players only cost 70 million?

That makes them 12 million each.

I'll get you to 70 million very quickly, and it's these 3:

Outtara
Sinisterra
Adams

None are even worth a quarter of the outlay, given their impact on results.

So we have wasted 50 million quid on players who have equivalents who could have been signed for the square root of fck all.

Outtara looks like Bambi on ice and isn't worth 4 million at this stage.

Sinisterra looks the better of the 3, but 20 million is just ridiculous.hes a 3 or 4 million pound player.

Adams, been about 300,000 quids worth or value right now.

Whoever is sanctioning 20 million quid deals for shyte players needs to be sacked.

And it's not like there haven't been a few of them.

I'm yet to see one of Richard Hughes 20 million pound players go up in value.

At this stage it looks like he's bought Primark clothes when he was originally shopping for Armani.
So tell us who we could sign for that money that would be better? You seem to have all the answers!
Easy though when you aren't the person making the decisions

So tell us who we could sign for that money that would be better? You seem to have all the answers!
Easy though when you aren't the person making the decisions

Very well done.

Another new name, with more questions than answers.

So you're asking me who I would sign, and then stating I'm not making the decisions so couldn't sign anyone!!!!

On that basis, it would be unfair of me to comment, seeing as I don't actually sign the players.

Great question though mate!!!

The young Ecuadorian guy looked a great prospect, and it was mooted that he was available for between 3 and 5 million quid.

21 years old, and a great prospect,scouted by many a club.

Even Old Bill said we would be announcing the exciting signing, but then the deal collapsed.

These are the type of players we should sign, and for every eight 3 million quid prospects that we sign, surely 2 or 3 will come right.

On the current cash splurge trajectory, 20 million buys you one Hamed Taraore.

Better to buy young talent cheap, in the hope they develeop, than wasting 20 million quid on non starters.

Outtara is another player who will never ever be worth 20 million.

He looks like someone who got fished out of non league and given a chance in the PL.

He looks like a 2 million quid player from what he's shown so far.

Fact, or fiction?

How much do you think Traore and Outtara are worth.

And Sinisterra?

It's a joke when our club has spent such funds on rubbish players.

But of course, you know better?

I'm sorry having watched the highlights I realise you have anti Cook agenda and no idea of the game.....no way he could react to that situation. The issue is Kelly falling over before that happens ( although not necessarily judging him for that either)
Waz, this is your third account today alone.

Dear god, did I just read that Sinisterra is “a 3 or 4 million pound player”?!

There’s opinions then there’s outright nonense
If you like throwing money around it's your prerogative.

Sinisterra, Outtarra, Kluivert and Adams haven't shown 20 million of value.

Are you getting confused with the numbers.

Does a signing represent value just because it was 20 million?

That's what you have to pay?

Shake your head mate...none of the signings have looked like 20 million quids worth

But...thats what people pay, therefore that's the price?

Muppet.

If you like throwing money around it's your prerogative.

Sinisterra, Outtarra, Kluivert and Adams haven't shown 20 million of value.

Are you getting confused with the numbers.

Does a signing represent value just because it was 20 million?

That's what you have to pay?

Shake your head mate...none of the signings have looked like 20 million quids worth

But...thats what people pay, therefore that's the price?

Muppet.
What are you on about? Where did I say it was good value? Where did I mention other signings? I think you’re confused one here.

Just said that saying he’s worth £3m - £4m is complete nonsense. That buys you a mid level Champ player nowadays at best.

What are you on about? Where did I say it was good value? Where did I mention other signings? I think you’re confused one here.

Just said that saying he’s worth £3m - £4m is complete nonsense. That buys you a mid level Champ player nowadays at best.
So what is he Einstein?

If not a 3 or 4 million player.

100 million?

20 million?

5 million?

Ryan Christie as an example was 2.5 million.

Worth every penny you would agree?

Outtara is worth 8 Ryan Christie's?

Traore.....9 Ryan's?

Sinisterra 9 Christie's?

Adam's, 11 Christie's?

So the 2.5 million for Christie is the benchmark, or an anomaly?

So the 2.5 million for Christie is the benchmark, or an anomaly?

Christie would be an anomaly at any price under £10 million.

The fact that we signed him for the price we did (some reports were £1.5 million) was down to him having only 6 months left of his contract and how good a deal was struck by the recruitment team.

Christie would be an anomaly at any price under £10 million.

The fact that we signed him for the price we did (some reports were £1.5 million) was down to him having only 6 months left of his contract and how good a deal was struck by the recruitment team.

But who is going to sign him and how much for. That’s the point Dragon is making around FPP which has always been my concern.

Christie is a championship level winger with no output turned into an energetic harrying centre mid by a brilliant coach in an emergency. His goals and assists record is horrendous. He’s done well in this position but do you see someone coming in and giving us 20m for him to pay back the money say we wasted on Traore?

Our model works when we sign a young player and sell them on at a profit. At the moment I only see Zab in this category and he probably hasn’t been as good as Senesi even but can improve. Kerkez I had hopes for but he can’t even be trusted defensively to start…

We will get more money for Solanke than we paid for him but he wasn’t part of the new crop of signings since the Director of Football role took charge of recruitment.

Think it’s great. Thirteenth so far with some very good performances and yet two main threads are full of people picking apart every aspect of the club.

The players are ****************, Hughes is ****************, Cook is ****************, Smith, Adams, Outtara, Sinisterra all ****************.
Every result, win lose or draw, allows agendas to be promoted.
Hidden in threads are good debates but it is becoming increasingly tiresome finding them when every thread becomes a playground name calling game...
:sleep:

;