angers v afcb friendly this saturday?

tednphil - 6/8/2016 19:04

They finished half way in French top league and drew both their games with PSG.

Believe what you like TnP. I see them every week on TV. I bet you have never seen them.

AlGard - 6/8/2016 18:34

Believe what you like TnP. I see them every week on TV. I bet you have never seen them.

They finished 9th last season with 50 points from 38 games, incl 2 draws against runaway league winners PSG.

Won 1-0

Angers finished top half above Marseille & Bordeaux who are in Europe most years. They may be a small team, but they're no pushovers.

tednphil - 6/8/2016 19:54

They finished 9th last season with 50 points from 38 games, incl 2 draws against runaway league winners PSG.

You are looking foolish again TnP.
PSG thought they would walk the Angers games, and played 2 younger players, even with 2 suspensions.

You know nothing about French football and the standard involved.

Wrap in, wrap up, and sign off for the night.

AlGard - 6/8/2016 19:01

PSG thought they would walk the Angers games, and played 2 younger players, even with 2 suspensions.

Presumably PSG didn't play youngsters against the 11 teams that finished BELOW Angers?

Sorry Al, you lost this argument. Im off now to finish my BBQ and enjoy a nice bottle of white. Cheers

:beer2:

MK Dons average beating Man Utd 4-0 based on all (1) of their previous meetings. Doesn't make them better.

Slovan Liberec beat Marseille away in the Europa League last season. I would estimate Slovan Liberec to be on the level of a top half League 1 team despite that. I will take Al's word for it.

afcb.czech - 6/8/2016 20:51

MK Dons average beating Man Utd 4-0 based on all (1) of their previous meetings. Doesn't make them better.

Slovan Liberec beat Marseille away in the Europa League last season. I would estimate Slovan Liberec to be on the level of a top half League 1 team despite that. I will take Al's word for it.

'I will take Al's word for it'. Not something you hear every day.

tednphil - 6/8/2016 20:29

AlGard - 6/8/2016 19:01

Presumably PSG didn't play youngsters against the 11 teams that finished BELOW Angers?

Sorry Al, you lost this argument. Im off now to finish my BBQ and enjoy a nice bottle of white. Cheers

:beer2:

So you are comparing Angers to a sort of Stoke standard?

Sorry, well short of.

Anything below the top 3 in France are very sub standard.
Feel free to celebrate this win like a champions league triumph,

Most know the truth. We are lacking at the back severely. Ignore the clean sheet today against Notts County.

Ha,ignore the clean sheet against Notts County, because O'Kane,Jordan,Ake & Daniels will be our starting back 4 against Utd won't it Al.

Brilliant, carry on.
I'm sure Eddie's working on it but you know best eh! ;-)

Northbourne Reds - 6/8/2016 23:21

Ha,ignore the clean sheet against Notts County, because O'Kane,Jordan,Ake & Daniels will be our starting back 4 against Utd won't it Al.

Brilliant, carry on.

Thanks for your informed opinion.
Hot today in Angers wasn't it.
Hope you didn't get sunburnt.

Oh hang on....you was there.

What will be our back 4 then?

AlGard - 6/8/2016 22:25

Brilliant, carry on.

And there is the point of the post.

To let everyone on here know Al Gard was there.

I think its really hard to evaluate different league levels during friendlies, depends on how many subs come on and proximity of other friendlies. I have just been in Spain and saw Olympique Marseille play in Girona with the La Ligue 2nd division team having the better of the game for long spells, leading 1-0 before a late winner for Marseille. Both teams made about 7 subs during the second half. Looks like today was more about fitness for certain players with others in the 25 not risked so some youngsters added. I am sure Eddie will have had clear objectives for the game.

afcdibby - 6/8/2016 23:27

Brilliant, carry on.

And on that crud, I will cease writing a match report.
No point, it will get picked apart by the clueless who sat in their garden watching the match on twitter.

Open your eyes, and see how we are shaping up.

Brilliant, carry on.

No point, it will get picked apart by the clueless who sat in their garden watching the match on twitter.

AlGard - 6/8/2016 22:33

Brilliant, carry on.

The way I see it, we're unbeaten in pre-season. We got a clean sheet today with 4/5ths of a makeshift defence. Daniels is the only player in that defence to start on the 14th.

Because you were there, you're reading too much into todays line up.

Reading nothing in to the line up.

Reading in to what I saw,

Jeez I give up. 15 AFCB fans...and all post on here,
Funny as !

;