angers v afcb friendly this saturday?

AlGard - 6/8/2016 22:47

Reading nothing in to the line up.

Reading in to what I saw,

Jeez I give up. 15 AFCB fans...and all post on here,
Funny as !

You saw our beloved AFCB win 1-0 today, that's what you saw.

Like i said Al the Oracle, that won't be our back 4 and I'm sure Eddie is doing his best but you know best and you were there.

So let's not argue with you,we'll be down by November.

Northbourne Reds - 6/8/2016 23:50

Like i said Al the Oracle, that won't be our back 4 and I'm sure Eddie is doing his best but you know best and you were there.

So let's not argue with you,we'll be down by November.

Yawn,

Current squad not god enough.
My opinion/ That is all.

Squad is probably better than last season, old hands have experience of premier league and new recruits look to have good ability and attitude.

Some cover for CB / RB would be good.

JIMNNINA - 6/8/2016 23:15

Squad is probably better than last season, old hands have experience of premier league and new recruits look to have good ability and attitude.

Some cover for CB / RB would be good.

I'd say the squad is definitely better than last season. Last season we didn't have much midfield and striker depth- which is why the torrent of injuries made us look primed for the drop. This season if we had the same amount of lengthy injuries to key players we have guys who can step up who aren't a big drop off talent wise.

Mind you if we get some key injuries to our defenders we may be in trouble, we need a CB and a RB. I'm sure Eddie knows this if we all do.

A solid defense is usually based on an understanding that you only really get by playing competitive matches together. Especially the middle 2. Fielding 2 players who are supposed to be midfielders and a 3rd who is just a kid in our last friendly a week before the season starts ain't a great sign. The entire preseason I took it as a certainty that we would sign at least 2 decent CBs and possibly a RB. I'm just a tad nervous now that no more business will be done.

Of course that won't be the back 4 come the season.A slightly on form Man Ure will easily bang several past us.

Feel free to debate and we will see who is right.

Northbourne Reds - 7/8/2016 00:11

Yawn,

Apparently the squad not good enough last year or should i say 'god' before you edit it.

Bye bye, back on ignore for you.

Oh no. Please don't. Please. I will be devastated.
Uck off you clueless ****.

It's obvious Al that your single, but much publicised, viewing of a mainly 2nd eleven AFCB team in a pre-season friendly, gives you a far greater insight into our team's future prospects than most of us who live in England and watch the team 20 or more times a season.

You just carry on being deluded. You love it. :grin:

Didn't Pugh play at right-back at Reading? I'm guessing this is a way of giving players some game time.

I'm also taking a broad leap and in my understanding that Al won't be commenting on any games where he's not attending personally ;-)

LOL at anyone trying to read anything into a friendly performance or result - they are utterly meaningless apart from fitness.

I remember us losing virtually every friendly one year and then winning the Championship in that season.

The Alchemist - 7/8/2016 12:16<br /><br />LOL at anyone trying to read anything into a friendly performance or result - they are utterly meaningless apart from fitness.<br /><br />I remember us losing virtually every friendly one year and then winning the Championship in that season.

This.

In actual fact, I think the fact that we have come out of pre-season comfortably unbeaten is very bad news.

It means we haven't been meaningfully tested.

Cruising past a mediocre Minnesota side at walking pace was a pointless exercise.

Why they bothered turning up for that Angers game is difficult to understand also.

I remember when we beat Dorchester in pre season a couple of years ago 8 or 9 nil, was Eddie Howe pleased and confident? No, he was absolutely livid and vowed not to bother playing them again. Why?

Because you learn absolutely F-all about anything from a 9 nil win.

Losing 4 nil to Spurs and 3 nil to Southampton were worth a million time the value to us - but I guess a symptom of being in the PL is that bigger clubs don't want to be playing uncompetitive pre-season fixtures against teams in their league.

Looking at the p*ss poor set of pre-season fixtures we have had, and the moderate ease that we have been able to play them with, if I were EH I would disappointed that I have not had the opportunity to learn anything of value in terms of player ability, fitness, tactics, experimentation with formations etc.

Valencia might be the exception. For me, we have had a 1 match pre-season.

Our opposition will have learned and benefited from our public pre-season fixtures far more than we have.

That said, I am sure that we would have played some behind-closed-doors matches. And the pre-season fitness regime is undeniably brutal, so I am less worried about individual physical fitness.

So you actually think friendlies aren't meaningless!?

We lost to Cardiff last year. So that was a good result, but this year wasn't.

;