Arnaut Danjuma

He was available for 19 games but EH didn't use him in 5. So, half the season.

sorry but you're flogging a dead horse here
if he'd been fit and available for most of the season we wouldn't have been relegated IMO
my original point was that he's been an excellent signing for us - we'll possibly double our money on him within 2 years
well done the recruitment team

sorry but you're flogging a dead horse here
if he'd been fit and available for most of the season we wouldn't have been relegated IMO
my original point was that he's been an excellent signing for us - we'll possibly double our money on him within 2 years
well done the recruitment team
Wouldn’t have been relegated? Really? In the appearances he did make at that level he was pretty anonymous, but you think he would have kept us up? That’s a pretty bold claim. He really isn’t anything special at that level. He’d do okay if given a full season, maybe reach the Nathon Redmond type level if played constantly.

Wouldn’t have been relegated? Really? In the appearances he did make at that level he was pretty anonymous, but you think he would have kept us up? That’s a pretty bold claim. He really isn’t anything special at that level. He’d do okay if given a full season, maybe reach the Nathon Redmond type level if played constantly.
Perhaps he might go on to get even better.

The same redmond who's never managed double figures in goals for a season either in championship or Premier league

I think he was played in the wrong way in the premier League which would've shown up his weaknesses, i.e, he was asked to defend and play more as a standard left midfielder rather than a left winger. Agree he didn't look up to much, but his worst spell for us last season was when he was coming back from injury if memory serves. I'm not convinced he was ever fully fit in our relegation season. He's got a lot of developing to do to hit the hights he seems to think he can, but I think he can do it, certainly has more natural ability than Redmond, just needs to fulfill it. I'll miss him when he goes and will keep tabs on his career.

I think he was played in the wrong way in the premier League which would've shown up his weaknesses, i.e, he was asked to defend and play more as a standard left midfielder rather than a left winger. Agree he didn't look up to much, but his worst spell for us last season was when he was coming back from injury if memory serves. I'm not convinced he was ever fully fit in our relegation season. He's got a lot of developing to do to hit the hights he seems to think he can, but I think he can do it, certainly has more natural ability than Redmond, just needs to fulfill it. I'll miss him when he goes and will keep tabs on his career.
Fair points. I think I’d agree that yeh he slightly edges Redmond in terms of natural ability. You could also argue that Jordon Ibe also had the edge on Redmond in terms of natural ability though, so it doesn’t necessarily mean he has what it takes to reach that level. In terms of finishing ability Danjuma is one of the best around for sure, at any level. I just have doubts about his all round game. Maybe I’ll be proven wrong, who knows! Will be interesting to see!

Up until JT was sacked, in 15 Championship games Danjuma had scored 5 goals and 1 assist.

Under JW in 18 Championship games he scored 10 goals and 6 assists.

This didn’t include the play-off games where he scored 2 more.

So did JW have something to do with that?

We certainly saw Danjuma pass more than try to beat that extra player under Jonathan Woodgate.

Last edited:
We were relegated for want of a single point.......does anyone in their right mind believe that a fit Danjuma wouldn't have contributed more to that cause than Ryan Fraser did?.......we don't know what type of player he'd be in the PL........the lad didn't even get a pre-season thanks to injury........i do know that he'd out score Nathan Redmond though!!.....fck me even Benik Afobe would.

;