Arnaut Danjuma

Surprised Lille have the money tbh French clubs bar PSG don’t really spend much. I would think a few prem teams will try for him
One of our up-and-coming Canadian players, Jonathan David, is Lille's striker. He only joined them at the beginning of this season. Took him a while to get going (his mother died last year) but he scored 11 league goals (I think) since January.
Given that he's very young (21) and talented, he's been linked with a bunch of clubs, including PL ones. If he were to go, Lille will have some money to spend, and Danjuma might be a replacement (David sometimes plays up top, or as a winger).

I think transfer fees will be much lower than some on here think/hope for. Despite all we hear about PL clubs, Covid has impacted the market significantly. The last couple of windows have been really quiet with not that much money being spent.

I know it’s not a popular view, he’s had a brilliant second half of the year but for large parts of the first half he was rank. There have been teams who doubled up on him and he’s not been able to cope. That will be common practice in a higher league. Don’t get me wrong, he’s been great for us this year but he’s not in the same class as say Nathan Aké. Personally, I can’t see any more than £20m if that.

What is the asking price?
I don’t know. Is it 20 million?
Just speculation.
I presume you know.
Of course not. But based on the fact that Benrahama went for 25m rising to 30m with add ons it would be naive of our board not to hold out for a figure in this ball park. But I imagine they will probably accept 15m lol tbf they stood very firm with a 40m asking price for Brooks last summer and did not budge on the King asking price in the summer either. So who knows.

Then we shouldn’t sell. If the asking prices isn’t met then he stays.
No one knows the asking price, but based on like you said, Benhrama deal, and factor in COVID, I don’t think we will manage to get much more than £20m.

If Benhrama was 25 + 5 in add ons, Danjuma is circa £5m less at least, plus COVID.

Of course not. But based on the fact that Benrahama went for 25m rising to 30m with add ons it would be naive of our board not to hold out for a figure in this ball park. But I imagine they will probably accept 15m lol tbf they stood very firm with a 40m asking price for Brooks last summer and did not budge on the King asking price in the summer either. So who knows.
I see your point.
I would think 20 million plus add ons, international caps, first team appearances-goals.

Ironically you don't think our board could ever show naivety?

No one knows the asking price, but based on like you said, Benhrama deal, and factor in COVID, I don’t think we will manage to get much more than £20m.

If Benhrama was 25 + 5 in add ons, Danjuma is circa £5m less at least, plus COVID.
Benrahma was sold during COVID too so that shouldn’t make a difference. I actually agree that Benrahma is a better player and should command a slightly higher fee.

;