Arnaut Danjuma

Wouldn’t have been relegated? Really? In the appearances he did make at that level he was pretty anonymous, but you think he would have kept us up? That’s a pretty bold claim. He really isn’t anything special at that level. He’d do okay if given a full season, maybe reach the Nathon Redmond type level if played constantly.
I don't think we saw the real danjuma last season the times he did play he was coming back from injury, playing in a new team in new country, I think if we had the danjuma of this season playing last season then we would of had more of a chance of staying up then playing with a sulky king and fraser and a laid back wilson

How many goals has Danjuma scored in top division football? More to being a good player than just scoring goals.
As mentioned was he fit last season, so hard to judged, he's scored 17 this season which is almost double any season redmonds managed

Fair points. I think I’d agree that yeh he slightly edges Redmond in terms of natural ability. You could also argue that Jordon Ibe also had the edge on Redmond in terms of natural ability though, so it doesn’t necessarily mean he has what it takes to reach that level. In terms of finishing ability Danjuma is one of the best around for sure, at any level. I just have doubts about his all round game. Maybe I’ll be proven wrong, who knows! Will be interesting to see!
I was going to mention Ibe as well, such a shame his career has gone down the pan. I think we'd have seen more from Danjuma this season if we weren't so one dimensional at times with Brooks being well off the pace and there not being another effective option on the right, it was easy for teams to double up on him.

We were relegated for want of a single point.......does anyone in their right mind believe that a fit Danjuma wouldn't have contributed more to that cause than Ryan Fraser did?.......we don't know what type of player he'd be in the PL........the lad didn't even get a pre-season thanks to injury........i do know that he'd out score Nathan Redmond though!!.....fck me even Benik Afobe would.
Fair enough, you’re entitled to your opinion. He didn’t exactly top the scoring charts in Belgium or Holland though. I think he probably would outscore Redmond if played consistently, doesn’t make him a better player necessarily.

As mentioned was he fit last season, so hard to judged, he's scored 17 this season which is almost double any season redmonds managed
Not debating that he’s more clinical than Redmond, he clearly is. Brett Pitman also got 13 for us in the championship, bettering any tally Redmond has ever produced, at no point was Pitman a better player either. Likewise Matt Ritchie.

Do any fans want the Danjuma transfer to fall through...I mean like he was our top scorer innit....or is it the viral 'dope' that we get about £20 million for Him ( 'Him' in the... Eccesiastical sense) and buy two new strikers for about £10 million who might wan't to bugger- off in a years time for the same reasons !
We are in a Sh*tfest...and with this hierarchy its going to flow downwards !

Don't forget to push the 'board' Forum style into offloading Solanke for £2 mill...Stacey for £1 mill and Surrildge for a bag of cockles.. I mean ..the S men ...expendable assets.. ..f√ck me we need room for the 'big' signings..This Year style !

Last edited:
Wouldn’t have been relegated? Really? In the appearances he did make at that level he was pretty anonymous, but you think he would have kept us up? That’s a pretty bold claim. He really isn’t anything special at that level. He’d do okay if given a full season, maybe reach the Nathon Redmond type level if played constantly.

again you're getting side-tracked, my original point was regarding recruitment

and it's not really a bold claim though, is it. We were relegated by a single point and a few goals, notwithstanding matey who forgot to turn the goal-line check thingy on in that villa game....
if he'd been fit for more games that season he would have had more starts later on and quite possibly made a significant difference to our results, IMO

to say he's nothing special at that level is a bit dumb given the lack of game time
let's see where he ends up and judge after he's had a full season, that would be the sensible thing to do

Last edited:
According to some reports Lille are in massive debt and the majority of ligue 1 clubs are in financial meltdown. Perhaps Al can shed some light on these rumours. Have to say I don't know much about French football.

again your getting side-tracked, my original point was regarding recruitment

and it's not really a bold claim though, is it. We were relegated by a single point and a few goals, notwithstanding matey who forgot to turn the goal-line check thingy on in that villa game....
if he'd been fit for more games that season he would have had more starts later on and quite possibly made a significant difference to our results, IMO

to say he's nothing special at that level is a bit dumb given the lack of game time
let's see where he ends up and judge after he's had a full season, that would be the sensible thing to do
Also the fact that if Danjuma had been fit (and Brooks) would Fraser and to some extent H.Wilson (although this may have been talent rather than effort) not coasted as much? If Brooks and Danjuma had started a bunch of games, maybe, just maybe Fraser would have bucked his ideas and effort up a bit.

Also the fact that if Danjuma had been fit (and Brooks) would Fraser and to some extent H.Wilson (although this may have been talent rather than effort) not coasted as much? If Brooks and Danjuma had started a bunch of games, maybe, just maybe Fraser would have bucked his ideas and effort up a bit.
I don't think anything would have made the little sweaty buck his ideas up. He was too big for us on the back of one good season. As to whether he or his agent were the driving force behind his sh#tty attitude who knows?

Reading his interview on the AFCB Facebook page, albeit from the start of the season, he seems to have his goal as the EPL. He could do a good job for plenty of clubs outside the top 6.

;