Arnaut Danjuma

no-one's creating a bare bones narrative
however, anyone with a brain-cell can see they got the job done with the recruitment of a new manager and coaching team, and the trimming/re-balancing the squad
if, ultimately, you've envious of their salaries then that's your problem

or you could find out where blake lives and boo him as he gets into his car to go to work, as you claim that approach worked with parker mid-season
I think there’s balance to be had in this argument, the evidence over this year and last would suggest strongly that the higher the wage bill the more likely you are too succeed. I believe that the two highest wage bills in the championship last season were also held by the teams in the top two positions, for example.

However having said that, despite it offering a clear advantage it does not guarantee success. These resources still need to be managed effectively. If it was a guarantee then last season Sheffield United would have finished third (finished 5th) and WBA would have finished 4th (finished 10th.) So although Blake, Hughes and Parker didn’t exactly perform an absolute miracle in getting us up last season, they certainly deserve credit for managing the resources at our disposal effectively. They got the job done that was asked of them, many with similar resources have not.

Here it is by players weekly salary for those on more than 1m a yearView attachment 8093 in descending order.
Where do these figures come from? I would be surprised if we offered new contracts to Adam Smith and Junior Stanislas at those figures. It also would seem to indicate that so-called relegation clauses were pretty insignificant.
How do the figures compare with the details in the annual accounts for the y/e 2021?

Where do these figures come from? I would be surprised if we offered new contracts to Adam Smith and Junior Stanislas at those figures. It also would seem to indicate that so-called relegation clauses were pretty insignificant.
How do the figures compare with the details in the annual accounts for the y/e 2021?
Having looked at those figures I take it back, they are clearly not accurate. You can cut most of those figures in half and it would be closer to the mark, not a chance we offered Smith and Stanislas new contracts on circa 40K a week as a championship club. You don’t actually believe those figures do you Neil?

Eddie got us there beyond expectations, the board (through Scotty P) have got us back and will try to keep us there whilst seemingly trying to manage the costs appropriately.

Makes for a dull forum thread but job well done and I’ll be happy to see more of it

Here it is by players weekly salary for those on more than 1m a yearView attachment 8093 in descending order.
your 2 list don't tally up with each other, but the thing is there are a few wage lists online so for the interest of fairness here is another one

I would imagine the truth is somewhere In between

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220630-183723_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20220630-183723_Chrome.jpg
    553.4 KB · Views: 33
  • Screenshot_20220630-183714_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20220630-183714_Chrome.jpg
    574.3 KB · Views: 32
Max provides the money. Scott P and Recruitment team find the players. Not sure what the board do other than to discuss both around the table. They are more about managing infrastructure, ticket office etc.

The lengths you go to to deny giving Blake any credit are quite something. You think Max negotiates deals? Or Parker? Do you genuinely not think Blake or Hughes are involved in signings and contact negotiations?

It's funny how the board are responsible for all the failures and none of the successes isn't it.

The weekly wages quoted on that list ...Christ it's really quite disgusting in the big picture of things ....not just withstanding the actual figures compared with doctor and nurses as an example....but once you've got used to that and grudgingly accept it..cuz you can't do f√ck all about it.. then you consider the bit where Phillips is on more than twice the amount of Kelly ( the captain)...and Lerma on twice plus than Christie.. wtf is going on - they were in the same promotion team doing the same job...same aim !
I don't f√cking get it ..never will...it don't half p*ss me off Batman !

S' OK .. I'm just polishing up my moaning strategy ..back in training like the players ... so to speak. :wack:

The weekly wages quoted on that list ...Christ it's really quite disgusting in the big picture of things ....not just withstanding the actual figures compared with doctor and nurses as an example....but once you've got used to that and grudgingly accept it..cuz you can't do f√ck all about it.. then you consider the bit where Phillips is on more than twice the amount of Kelly ( the captain)...and Lerma on twice plus than Christie.. wtf is going on - they were in the same promotion team doing the same job...same aim !
I don't f√cking get it ..never will...it don't half p*ss me off Batman !

S' OK .. I'm just polishing up my moaning strategy ..back in training like the players ... so to speak. :wack:
Wtf is going on.......are you really that naive?

The lengths you go to to deny giving Blake any credit are quite something. You think Max negotiates deals? Or Parker? Do you genuinely not think Blake or Hughes are involved in signings and contact negotiations?

It's funny how the board are responsible for all the failures and none of the successes isn't it.
Do you lay relegation at their door then? Presumably. I don’t as that would be unfair.

I find it funny how credit can not be given when due by certain posters to certain individuals as it would damage their fragile egos to admit they get things wrong now and then.
Farrier and Dawson are prime examples.
Calling people by their surnames is one test of sociopathy. Either that or you went to public school.

Calling people by their surnames is one test of sociopathy. Either that or you went to public school.
Well, I don’t know what sociopathy means.
I presume if I had gone to public school I would know.
Ironic really.
Having said that, I enjoyed your interview on a YouTube channel that was posted on here a few months ago.

;