Arnaut Danjuma

But then we sold King to Everton for 7 Million, was it 5 months later? What kind of point did that prove exactly? "Wait 5 months and his contract will be closer to ending so he'll be even cheaper".

I agree that Arnie is worth more than 15 for sure. Not worth 30 in current climate because he's not proven at Premier League level and is an injury risk. So 20-25 would be okay I think. I also think we have to think about implications for players wanting/not wanting to extend. Players often get slated for not wanting to extend or frozen out of the starting line up for lack of commitment but if clubs are going to block moves to prove a point, who can blame these players for refusing to extend? The words "Extend and we'll let you ho if you want to" are meaningless and can't be trusted. Either we encourage extending and treat our players well in the process or we accept that they will run contracts down. We can't have our cake and eat it.
It set a marker. It showed that we are no push overs. It was Josh Kings decision to down tools in that six month period not ours, and it damaged his career prospects too, clearly. Potentially had we undersold early in the window then we may not have achieved such high fees for Wilson and Ramsdale, if clubs see we are going to undersell then they are going to wait it out eventually knowing that we will accept a lower bid. I have no issue with a player not extending their contract, I had no issue when Fraser chose not to. What I do have an issue with is a player downing tools while still under contract.

There’s no such thing. All you can do is base it on what similar level players have gone for in recent times, in the context of a market in which Buendia is worth 40m with add ins then 20m for Danjuma is clearly not a fair price.

There’s no such thing. All you can do is base it on what similar level players have gone for in recent times, in the context of a market in which Buendia is worth 40m with add ins then 20m for Danjuma is clearly not a fair price.
Life is not fair ;-)

In the context of the current market 20 is underselling, no doubt. We can’t be all ‘nicey nicey.’ If Buendia is 35 and Benrahma 25 rising to 30 then accepting 20 for Danjuma is not acceptable.
Pardon? If the club do accept such a price then it clearly means that it is acceptable to them. After all, it is their money, not ours. If you mean it is not acceptable to you, how does this work, as none of us including yourself have any say in it? If you really won't be able to accept this personally, what are you going to do in response?

Pardon? If the club do accept such a price then it clearly means that it is acceptable to them. After all, it is their money, not ours. If you mean it is not acceptable to you, how does this work, as none of us including yourself have any say in it? If you really won't be able to accept this personally, what are you going to do in response?
Meant to put imo at the end. If the club sets an asking price of less than 25m then that is foolish imo, as a) it is a fair price in the current market b) I think we could get that for him

E
It set a marker. It showed that we are no push overs. It was Josh Kings decision to down tools in that six month period not ours, and it damaged his career prospects too, clearly. Potentially had we undersold early in the window then we may not have achieved such high fees for Wilson and Ramsdale, if clubs see we are going to undersell then they are going to wait it out eventually knowing that we will accept a lower bid. I have no issue with a player not extending their contract, I had no issue when Fraser chose not to. What I do have an issue with is a player downing tools while still under contract.

Saying King downed tools. There was the migrane but to be fair, he wasn't chosen much. I think he started 2 or 3 times and scored 2 goals in the cup match, admittedly it was against Crawley Town, though. I just have an issue with these blanket statements like: "He downed tools". Did he entirely? After the Man U situation, I remember he had hamstring problems a lot, not something he is going to feign if he wants a decent move and played well in most of the matches he played in. He was then at home a bit longer over the summer on paternity leave and Bournemouth reportedly told him then he was going to be sold. Then he wasn't going to be sold. Then going to be loaned and then sold. His shirt number was taken off him and given to Brooks and he was on the bench for most of the first half of the season. The migrane was bizarre and may have been his way of protecting himself from an injury before the end of the transfer deadline. Not great if so but we don't know 100% that he wasn't ill. Even so, he had been treated poorly after working hard for us for 4-5 years so I don't think it's as simple as a blanket "He downed tools". He wasn't wanted in the team and had only been kept to prove a point to other clubs. As for the season before, I see no evidence that he downed tools then. He was injured for a couple of stretches and grafted when when he played.

A team that's just won the Europa League and guaranteed themselves £20m in CL group stage can't afford more than £15m for a player in the Championship. Spanish football must be in bad shape, this is why Barca are offering to cancel or release the contracts of Pjanic, Coutinho and Umtiti and Depay has taken a 30% wage reduction before officially joining them because they can't register their new signings until they trim 80m off the wage bill.

Just don't sell him would be my answer without him we would've been low midtable last season. If we are going to sell anyone because we need to with the lowered parachute payments then it has to be Brooks as we could still do well without him.
How do you put a price on a player who sulks and refuses to play because we won’t let them go ? I’m not saying this will definitely happen but we do have form in this area.

Fascinated to see if Mr Parker can get either (or both) Dan the man or Brooksy to perform somewhere near their best with some consistency. If he does and we keep them we're in the mix. Over to you Mr P.

How do you put a price on a player who sulks and refuses to play because we won’t let them go ? I’m not saying this will definitely happen but we do have form in this area.

35 million is massively overpriced in my opinion. Arnie has been great but is not proven at Premier League level. He's also injury prone. 25 million would be good business and 30 extremely good but unlikely business I think. Buendia at 35 had a very good season in Premier League 2019-20 so there is a difference.

If we have over priced him because we don't intend to sell him, Parker is going to have to find a way of convincing Arnie that one more season at very good level with promotion will get him the move he wants. He'll have his work cut out, though.

If he wants to leave, have a realistic valuation so the fella can move on and we can use the money to replace him rather than have him sit on the bench for the next 6-12 months and then devalue further.

35 million is massively overpriced in my opinion. Arnie has been great but is not proven at Premier League level. He's also injury prone. 25 million would be good business and 30 extremely good but unlikely business I think. Buendia at 35 had a very good season in Premier League 2019-20 so there is a difference.

If we have over priced him because we don't intend to sell him, Parker is going to have to find a way of convincing Arnie that one more season at very good level with promotion will get him the move he wants. He'll have his work cut out, though.

If he wants to leave, have a realistic valuation so the fella can move on and we can use the money to replace him rather than have him sit on the bench for the next 6-12 months and then devalue further.
I believe the intention is to get around 25m, the starting price for negotiations may well be 35m but we know full well that’s not realistic. It’s a negotiating tactic.

It isn't just us. Seems to be standard. Harry Kane will do the same at Spurs if his gentleman's agreement is not honoured.

;