Arsenal home game points

I've asked the Cherries Trust to clarify with the club if the women's and reserves games will be included when calculating the points required to purchase tickets next season. Unless I've missed it don't think they have had a response from the club on this yet. Would be good to get an answer on this as if points from women's games, reserves, etc. are required then I think there will be a lot of fed up people out there.

I don’t think it needs clarifying.
This is the reality of the new system they have opted to go with.

Someone who finished the end of last season with 19 home points, could go on to finish the season with 45 home points and take 26 of those points on to next season.

I don’t think it needs clarifying.
This is the reality of the new system they have opted to go with.

Someone who finished the end of last season with 19 home points, could go on to finish the season with 45 home points and take 26 of those points on to next season.
Have the club definitively stated that the friendlies and women's games will be included in the calculations for points drops for next seasons league games? Seems a simple question for them to answer, will max points for the first league games start at 16, as per this season, or will it be around 24 with the expectation that you have to have attended league games plus friendlies and women's games to be in the top bracket.

Have the club definitively stated that the friendlies and women's games will be included in the calculations for points drops for next seasons league games? Seems a simple question for them to answer, will max points for the first league games start at 16, as per this season, or will it be around 24 with the expectation that you have to have attended league games plus friendlies and women's games to be in the top bracket.

They haven’t stated it specifically, but they’ve issued a home point for them. They’re not a sub-point, so I doubt the system would be able to differentiate between them.

In regards to the points brackets. The theory is, the top points bracket will be decided by the availability of tickets. So if there are 2,000 tickets available the top points bracket will be decided by what points the top 2,000 users have. So that number can fluctuate. Equally that can fluctuate if available ticket numbers drop for example… more hospitality, media, comps etc.

They haven’t stated it specifically, but they’ve issued a home point for them. They’re not a sub-point, so I doubt the system would be able to differentiate between them.

In regards to the points brackets. The theory is, the top points bracket will be decided by the availability of tickets. So if there are 2,000 tickets available the top points bracket will be decided by what points the top 2,000 users have. So that number can fluctuate. Equally that can fluctuate if available ticket numbers drop for example… more hospitality, media, comps etc.
So really it will be up in the air until the end of the season when club have the figures of how many people have what points total. Could be a lot of unhappy people next season.

So really it will be up in the air until the end of the season when club have the figures of how many people have what points total. Could be a lot of unhappy people next season.

Well in that regard that’s no different to any season.

Anyone aiming to be a maximum points holder I would guess would have to consider purchasing all the home games, friendlies, women’s and development squad to be where they want to be come the end of the season.

But that comes with no guarantees, I guess there’s nothing stopping the club scrapping the points system altogether if they so wish.

Well in that regard that’s no different to any season.

Anyone aiming to be a maximum points holder I would guess would have to consider purchasing all the home games, friendlies, women’s and development squad to be where they want to be come the end of the season.

But that comes with no guarantees, I guess there’s nothing stopping the club scrapping the points system altogether if they so wish.

You need to have some way of allowing loyal fans to have first priority though, aside from a points system I’m not really sure what they could do?

They did mention "stadium food offerings", as opposed to the full-on fine dining experience.

Stadium food...doesn't sound very appealing, does it ?

I think we all know that the food and drink offering is basically an irrelevance. It's just a way of charging top dollar to someone who really really wants to see a game.

Fingers crossed they've been on a scouting mission to Barnsley...

You need to have some way of allowing loyal fans to have first priority though, aside from a points system I’m not really sure what they could do?
It’s a tough one. Points system the fairest but if you look at it from a business point of view, businesses die if they don’t both look after existing customers and create new ones. We are now ran by successful business people and they will be looking at it thinking all we do is look after existing customers and trying to work out the demand for a new stadium.

For the greater cause there might need to be some sacrifices.

'For the greater cause there might need to be some sacrifices.'

As a maximum points holder I'd be happy if there were sacrifices - get rid of season tickets. Just saying..

Yeah that's absolutely stonking news if you're in that top points bracket.

I went to every home game last year so theoretically had maximum points. No I didnt go to the pre-season friendlies. Why? Because I live 140 miles from the Vitality and I thought I had shown enough commitment doing that journey for every home game last season. I was also never warned that the 19 points I started with this season might need propping up due to the recent actions with points drop changes and the large reduction of tickets to points holders generally.
I think you should have a point deducted for use of “The Vitality” rather than Dean Court.Hitting

Do you need a point to buy the £139 tickets, or is it mostly for away fans?

NOT asking for a friend as I don't have any - that support other teams at this level, or something.

My daughter is in second tier and has managed to get a ticket for first 3 games but she and I have wasted hours checking updates and social media to achieve this. Real pain in the **************** just to get the ticket she could have easily bought at an allotted time that 10+ points could/should have secured (would have been more than 10 if she could have got a ticket for some of the big home games last season that she couldn’t get a seat).

The other point is if she can achieve this then anyone committed enough can do it too. But devote a huge % of your spare time to this pursuit.

Last edited:
'For the greater cause there might need to be some sacrifices.'

As a maximum points holder I'd be happy if there were sacrifices - get rid of season tickets. Just saying..
Yeah sod all loyalty for players and managers in football so let’s do the same for fans who stuck by this club when we were rubbish.

Feels like fans turning on fans when there has been enough money coming in to the club last decade to remove this problem.

Yeah sod all loyalty for players and managers in football so let’s do the same for fans who stuck by this club when we were rubbish.

Feels like fans turning on fans when there has been enough money coming in to the club last decade to remove this problem.
I assure you I was being flippant..

I assure you I was being flippant..

Ah ok!

That’s a relief but I know “a few fans are angry at those half season ticket holders in 14/15 so never quite sure these days!!

Worth saying that quite a few clubs have points total since birth so it becomes even more challenging for new fans.

My daughter is in second tier and has managed to get a ticket for first 3 games but she and I have wasted hours checking updates and social media to achieve this. Real pain in the **************** just to get the ticket she could have easily bought at an allotted time that 10+ points could/should have secured (would have been more than 10 if she could have got a ticket for some of the big home games last season that she couldn’t get a seat).

The other point is if she can achieve this then anyone committed enough can do it too. But devote a huge % of your spare time to this pursuit.
Understandably annoying and frustrating in equal measure. I could only get to an occasional match for the first 3 years in the Premier League if I could borrow one from someone. I lived away so I didn't buy a ST (mistake!) when I could as I was working weekends and being on call at odd hours. I watched us in L2 when there were no problems getting tickets.

I enjoyed the cup games as they were fairly easy to go to.

Now the club are dishing out points for all sorts of games it's a bit galling.

Last edited:
Understandably annoying and frustrating in equal measure. I could only get to an occasional match for the first 3 years in the Premier League if I could borrow one from someone. I lived away so I didn't buy a ST (mistake!) when I could as I was working weekends and being on call at odd hours. I watched us in L2 when there were no problems getting tickets.

I enjoyed the cup games as they were fairly easy to go to.

Now the club are dishing out tickets for all sorts of games it's a bit galling.
Very difficult for exiles or weekend workers as a ST rarely made true financial sense

My daughter had a ST until university and then released it back into the pot. Another mistake!

Think Foley et Al have a hospital pass on this. So hard to get right. Good they are trying to expand points access for newer fans but needs to be a win:win for all. Difficult

;