Arsenal home game points

Hopefully the Ted Shed Tent hospitality seats will go into the pot at normal price, at some point (?) when they don't sell out. Otherwise we're locking out loyal supporters and leaving seats empty.

It’s a tough one. Points system the fairest but if you look at it from a business point of view, businesses die if they don’t both look after existing customers and create new ones. We are now ran by successful business people and they will be looking at it thinking all we do is look after existing customers and trying to work out the demand for a new stadium.

For the greater cause there might need to be some sacrifices.
Fair points, although we all recognise that there is a difference between ordinary businesses and football clubs.

'For the greater cause there might need to be some sacrifices.'

As a maximum points holder I'd be happy if there were sacrifices - get rid of season tickets. Just saying..
So you're saying that those who have held a season ticket for decades and watched the club when they were playing in the two bottom divisions should have that season ticket taken away from them to satisfy the ticket desire of those who didn't want one then but do now that the club is in the top tier ? Wholly unfair on those long term delicates supporters but something that wouldn't surprise me under this regime.

If we're going to have a 14k capacity stadium maybe that would make sense.

Something larger? They need to know more people will part with cash.

It’s not a like for like comparison. With a new stadium the ticket system would be simple. The availability of tickets would be better etc etc.

The current system is still complex, golden ticket scenario with many, after years of being locked out, not bothering still. So the new customers your chasing still have too many hurdles to really gauge the true number.

But in the mean time, regular supporters are having one arm tied behind their backs to try and go.

Any change to the system will cause pain. The original implementation did. Those who are losing out are obviously going to be most vocal.

At the end of the day, you're trying to fit 20,000+ people into 9,000 seats.
In the prem league yes, the fear was attendances wouldn’t be 20k-30k if we got relegated. Low attendance vs L’orient didn’t suggest there are so many desperate to get in for non prem games…although as DJ states, still complex hurdles for some.

In the prem league yes, the fear was attendances wouldn’t be 20k-30k if we got relegated. Low attendance vs L’orient didn’t suggest there are so many desperate to get in for non prem games…although as DJ states, still complex hurdles for some.
Using friendlies to judge demand for a new stadium is completely flawed, look at our recent friendly vs southampton, the ground was less than half full, in any competitive game it would have been a sell out.

This is without even considering that Dean Court has effectively been a closed shop for a decade now and many people have simply given up trying to get tickets.

I bet those £139 tickets sell out before it gets to general sale. Whether that will be the case for less glamorous matches and when people have seen the marquee I don’t know.

In terms of assessing the required capacity for a new/expanded stadium, why not start a waiting list and charge a fee (potentially to be deducted from the ST cost when the stadium is ready). Not perfect but definitely better than looking at friendly attendances or how many bother/are able to navigate Cherries Tuesdays etc.

So you're saying that those who have held a season ticket for decades and watched the club when they were playing in the two bottom divisions should have that season ticket taken away from them to satisfy the ticket desire of those who didn't want one then but do now that the club is in the top tier ? Wholly unfair on those long term delicates supporters but something that wouldn't surprise me under this regime.
Calm down. I was being flippant or didn't you realise? It was just a response to ND's comment about point holders having to make sacrifices.

Having a ST is easy, you just pay once, you might have to pay for a couple of woman's games and 'postage' just the once. Points holders have to get a ticket from 10:00am. You have to be really quick off the mark. Sometimes there are glitches with the ticketing site and you have to ring up the TO. You then join a queue, 'your call is really important to us, blah, blah' 'The maximum queue length is met, we'll stop this call'. Happened to me a few times.
Just a lot of hassle and stress.

And now the club are with holding seats for Cherries Tuesday's so if you aren't on maximum points you might be competing with those people who have got one point or more by attending the friendlies.

Having a ST is so much cheaper than that for points holders, for a start you pay an extra £54 for postage (the 18 games x £3 - ST holders only pay once).

The seat that I've used for the last two seasons, the cost went up by 20.8%, I believe ST holders pay perhaps 11% more. I've moved elsewhere to a cheaper seat which was a shame.

I'd love a ST. I watched matches when we were in L1 and L2 too. Having a ST is a commitment but then again once you start going to games as a points holder you HAVE to buy the tickets when they're available otherwise you won't get the maximum points that makes it easier for next season. I have a couple of friends who are ST holders and they are surprised at the hassle I have when I get tickets.

Please see this thread above where I discussed this with @AFCBade

Hence, my reply to ND about points holders having to make sacrifices. Oh the irony...

Calm down. I was being flippant or didn't you realise? It was just a response to ND's comment about point holders having to make sacrifices.

Having a ST is easy, you just pay once, you might have to pay for a couple of woman's games and 'postage' just the once. Points holders have to get a ticket from 10:00am. You have to be really quick off the mark. Sometimes there are glitches with the ticketing site and you have to ring up the TO. You then join a queue, 'your call is really important to us, blah, blah' 'The maximum queue length is met, we'll stop this call'. Happened to me a few times.

And now the club are with holding seats for Cherries Tuesday's so if you aren't on maximum points you might be competing with those people who have got one point or more by attending the friendlies.

Having a ST is so much cheaper than that for points holders, for a start you pay an extra £54 for postage (the 18 games x £3 - ST holders only pay once).

The seat that I've used for the last two seasons, the cost went up by 20.8%, I believe ST holders pay perhaps 11% more. I've moved elsewhere to a cheaper seat which was a shame.

I'd love a ST. I watched matches when we were in L1 and L2 too. Having a ST is a commitment but then again once you start going to games as a points holder you HAVE to buy the tickets when they're available otherwise you won't get the maximum points that makes it easier for next season. I have a couple of friends who are ST holders and they are surprised at the hassle I have when I get tickets.

Hence, my reply to ND about points holders having to make sacrifices. Oh the irony...
Fully understand. I have a ST but waste hours trying to get a ticket for my daughter so close to us or just any ticket tbh

I took it out of context. Apologies. I've had an ST since moving into the new stadium so haven't had to go the rigamarole of purchasing league tickets, only cup. It sounds like a nightmare and something I would hate to have to do.

Just read the email sent this morning and noticed the all inclusive offer is only useable from 12 to 2.30pm?? So you have to get there stupidly early and sink around 14 pints and 14 burgers to get your moneys worth? You'll be spending the next 2 hours on the toilet. And for £139 I would expect a regal throne to **************** from, not the cramped, sweaty, stink holes covered in piss on offer in the ted shed. Hats off to anyone on here who takes up the offer, but i suggest you have more money than sense.

Any change to the system will cause pain. The original implementation did. Those who are losing out are obviously going to be most vocal.

At the end of the day, you're trying to fit 20,000+ people into 9,000 seats.
Some really good discussion on this thread and clear frustration felt by all. That includes the 'closed shop' regulars with STs or enough points to get into DC for every game, people like me who have followed AFCB for many years but have been restricted to 5 or 10 home and away games due to living away, jobs and family commitments, and also includes any new supporters (especially the youngsters) who realistically have no chance of seeing their team at DC. For those with STs and loads of points that think the rest of us are only interested in City or Liverpool games, you need to pull your head out of your backside as your are way off the mark. The last sentence from Kudos sums up the problem perfectly; until Foley & Co sort out a new stadium we are always going to have this problem.

My biggest concern is that the Americans really do not understand football. The recent gimick of taking away regular tickets from the Ted Mac to be replaced with £139 tickets to see a game of football (with a BigMac and pint included) is just feckin obscene. I am concerned that any potential new stadium in a few years time, with, for example, 20,000 seats, will be made up of 10,000 'corporate seats' and priced completely out of the range of the very supporters we desperately need to encourage to get into DC.

I am concerned that any potential new stadium in a few years time, with, for example, 20,000 seats, will be made up of 10,000 'corporate seats' and priced completely out of the range of the very supporters we desperately need to encourage to get into DC.

This is a growing concern for me. We could end up with a soulless ground designed for corporate spectators that has little atmosphere and doesn’t solve for the current supply and demand issue amongst “normal” supporters.

It would be quite deflating if that scenario materialises after all these years of needing increased capacity and a new ground. A bit like West Ham talking about a new ground for a number of years and then ending up with an athletics stadium.

I can't think of a single American spectator sports venue that added up being half "corporate seats". I have seen some mis-steps, and the £139 deal seems like one of those, but poor customer response will usually get action from competently-run businesses. Mr. Foley has enough experience in hospitality to sort it out.

It's a smack in the face for the club to say they are trying to enable more fans to get to games when they've just taken a load of standard seats and quadrupled the price. That's not about growing the fan base, it's about growing revenue (which I understand from a business point of view), but it's such an insignificant revenue increase in the grand scheme of things and will just piss off the existing fanbase.

I get all that. When I said we might have to make sacrifices it’s for the greater good it’s all of us. Speaking as a season ticket holder if I was told I had to miss a couple of home games to test demand for a higher stadium I would be disappointed but if I genuinely believed it was going to help make all the demand and ticketing problems go away by obtaining a new stadium I’d reluctantly accept it.

I understand and respect it’s not going to be everyone’s view but personally I believe sacrifices might need to be made to test demand for something that will improve us for ever.

;